• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News "RPG Maker WITH" has been revealed for Nintendo Switch (coming to PS4/PS5 later)

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
RPG-Maker-WITH-Ann_10-17-23_001-768x431.jpg

reported by Famitsu.

this is actually a far better status quo for the application than it is on PC, which has gone from being a standalone engine to an add-on for the currently endangered Unity engine.
while WITH is likely built off of that newest version, game making tools on consoles are niche enough for that to be ignored (not to mention the fees would be entirely thrown onto the publisher rather than the users.)

also, it's unknown what exactly the "WITH" in the title refers to. what could they have added?

This is really exciting news. I'd been thinking about getting it on Steam for my kids to try. Having it on Switch is much better than them using my computer!

I wonder if it'll support keyboards and stuff? Is that something that would even help with RPG Maker?

This is really exciting news. I'd been thinking about getting it on Steam for my kids to try. Having it on Switch is much better than them using my computer!

I wonder if it'll support keyboards and stuff? Is that something that would even help with RPG Maker?
keyboard functionality would help a lot. Ya gotta have dialogue in your RPG!

How easily portable are games between various versions of RPG Maker?

I'd pick up a physical copy... I've been meaning to check these out.

...the busy-work ought to mesh well with the portability of the Switch also

PS4 and PS5 ports are happening some time after the Switch version.
このたび、株式会社KADOKAWAのグループ会社である株式会社Gotcha Gotcha Games(本社:東京都千代田区、代表取締役社長:成田聖)は、ゲームコンストラクションツール「RPG Makerシリーズ」の最新作となる『RPG MAKER WITH』について、Nintendo Switch™に続き、PlayStation 4・PlayStation 5での発売を決定しましたことをお知らせいたします。

PS4・PS5版の価格および発売日は未定となります。
they’ve also formally confirmed the Switch version is indeed launching April 11th.

Back
Top Bottom