• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic ROM Hacks, Fan Remakes & Friends |ST| NEWS: Xenoblade X - QoL and online content preservation

Starfy 1 translated, Kirby DL2 colorized
  • Anyway, today it's a good day, because Megahog2015 has finally finished translating the first The Legendary Starfy for GBA:

It's a few months old, but on Fami it hadn't been reported. kkzero has colorized Kirby's Dream Land 2, and it's just beautiful:

Fan remakes of older Fire Emblem titles
  • Added to the OP:
    F-Zero GP Legend: Inaccessible Courses added to Story Mode
    Fan-remake of Fire Emblem Echoes in Sacred Stones
    Fan-remake of Fire Emblem 7 in Thracia 776
    OP I would update the OP and include sites for some of series listed (www.romhacking.net/www.romhacking.com/www.metroidconstruction.com/www.smwcentral.com)
    Added, alongside FE Universe
    Oh i got couple of romhacks in mind:

Sonic 2 with Knuckles: Sonic 2 romhack, which adds bunch of Sonic 3 stuff such as insta-shield & Tails' flight to sonic 2. Oh and Knuckles too

Sonic 3 Complete: Tweaks, fixes, and whole bunch of other options, such as change musics or ability to play either just Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Blue Spheres or whole Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Sonic 3D Blast Director's Cut: by game's original creator, this hack tries to fix some problems by fixing controls, bug fixes, and few new features, like save game. Option to play original game is also included.

Super Mario 64 Non-Stop: Wanna keep going on level after collecting a star in SM64? Well, now you can! I'm linking this improved version, because original didnt prompt you to save after getting stars.
    Thanks! Added to the OP.
    By the way !

Perfect Dark`` (N64) have finally been ported to PC !
    Graslu, a very well known Goldeneye & Perfect Dark`` player have been in touch with the team working on the decompilation of the game and showcased updates about the port.

It is now playable from start to finish, with Keyboard & mouse support, at 4k60 FPS widescreen.

This video showcases the port and gives a link & instructions in the description. He also provides a completed savefile in case you want to explore & test all the levels and challenges on the port.

Very cool! I should add a new section to the OP with the various decompilation projects.

Is this a good place to ask about fan servers? My wife was really disappointed when Dr. Mario World's servers shutdown and all of the game's 1000+ individual levels became inaccessible. She really loved that game. There was talk of a fan server under development or some kind of fan relaunch but I could never find out where/if it materialized and I'm not sure I'm looking in the right place. I also couldn't find the discord to join. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Uhmm, I didn't know about it. I'll investigate. 👀

Golden Sun QoL

• This just popped up in my Youtube recommendations. It's a romhack of the first Golden Sun with a couple QOL features, such as skipping the prologue or no-cost psynergies on the overworld. Haven't tried it yet but it looks really interesting :)

The project's github is linked in the description of the video but I'll put it here as well: https://github.com/JackitK/GoldenSun-QOL/releases/tag/v1.0

List of fan remakes and decompilation projects
  • I included in the OP a list of fan-remakes and remakes out of decompilation projects.

Port/Remakes from Decompilation
    Super Mario 64 Plus
    Super Mario 64 3DS
    Zelda Ocarina of Time - Ship of Harkinian
    Perfect Dark
    Zelda A Link to the Past
    Super Metroid

Fan Remakes
    Metroid Planets (Includes a remake of Metroid 1)
    Another Metroid 2 Remake (follow the guide, then get the launcher)
    Link's Awakening DX HD
    Zelda II: Adventure of Link

infidelity's NES -> SNES ports
    Metroid
    The Legend of Zelda
    MegaMan II
    MegaMan IV
    DuckTales

Link's Awakening with four extra buttons
  • This looks like a great hack of Link's Awakening

It leverages Super Game Boy support to add four extra buttons, X, Y, L, and R. Items are mapped to X and Y, and cycled with L and R. Plus some other QoL features. Very clever use of the Super Game Boy.

F-Zero Satellaview tracks

• Back
    Top Bottom