• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Official Tweet rockstar has filed two c&d's against former employees, forcing them to remove a ton of development info on the GTA series.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

for reference, he was one of the original founders of dma design. the company which would later evolve into rockstar.
he fairly recently dropped the original design documents for the first two grand theft auto games, but there was also other notable things on his site. like a pair of very early tech demos that reportedly share zero code with the final game.

this is particularly infuriating as rockstar rarely does re-releases of the first two gta games. there was a brief period where it was freeware on their website, and was also on steam. but both of those have long since been delisted.
the closest thing to a modern re-release was the poorly made playstation classic, which inexplicably included the pal version of gta1. but the second installment is still lost currently.

Considering how they treated Dan Houser? I can't imagine that Rockstar/Take Two have much respect for anyone who built up their empire... or their legacy in general for that matter.

Even then it's only III, VC and SA that get any love from that era. We'll be lucky to see GTA Advance, Chinatown Wars, Liberty City Stories or Vice City Stories again.
That's true, and I can kinda get it with Advance and Chinatown Wars since they sold below expectations and all that, but both "Stories" games were critical and commercial successes, so I don't get this whole "We're acting like they never existed" thing.

it happened again
Today (22 Nov 2023) I got an email from R*North. Apparently some of the OG's there are upset by my blog. I genuinely didn't think anyone would mind me talking about 20 year old games but I was wrong. Something about ruining the Rockstar mystique or something. Anyway, this blog isn't important enough to me to piss off my former colleagues in Edinburgh so I'm winding it down. I'll maybe just leave a few articles with anecdotes that don't affect anyone but me.
in this case it was a blog from a former technical director at the studio. he never linked any actual files taken from the company either unlike last time, it was just text descriptions of his experience there.

you may have seen some of the more notable stories getting spread around news outlets recently, like the fate of the perpetually delayed PS3 exclusive "Agent". and a previously unknown unreleased project about a zombie apocalypse in Scotland.

in this case it was a blog from a former technical director at the studio. he never linked any actual files taken from the company either unlike last time, it was just text descriptions of his experience there.

you may have seen some of the more notable stories getting spread around news outlets recently, like the fate of the perpetually delayed PS3 exclusive "Agent". and a previously unknown unreleased project about a zombie apocalypse in Scotland.
Ruined the mystique? What, that a company is run by ordinary people combining artistic visions and talents.

Even if some details arent flattering, as long as crimes arent being commited, it doesnt take away the majesty of development.

Back
Top Bottom