• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News REYNATIS announced for the West coming this Fall for Switch, PS4/5 and PC

Bokuringo

Like Like
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him

Developed by FuRyu and Natsume Atari, and published by NISA in the West. Japanese release date is July 25.

1708959677360.jpeg

Kinda surprising that NISA doesn't prioritize their own games over FuRyu's. Sure, FuRyu might be paying more for close western releases but Nippon Ichi's games are too small to have closer dates: Xicatrice and Bar Stella Abyss which releases this month.
I hope they improve the performance since all the footage they released has tons of frame rate issues
They'll fix it by its launch. CRYMACHINA's first trailers also worried me but the final game runs fine on Switch.

yes, frame rate wasn't top notch, but on the other hand visually looks stunning, for a FuRyu multiplatform Switch game, imho

I'll be sure to keep an eye on this. Trailers were rather rough indeed wrt framerate. While I do expect improvements, it's not like these FuRyu games are technical masterpieces or something. As long as it runs decently enough on Switch, I'll be fine.

This is gonna be mechanically and narratively janky as hell. I'm in assuming it doesn't faceplan out of the gate.

It looks almost a bit "character action"-ish there in some of the fighting footage snippets. I guess it's more action game than RPG, potentially?!

Performance aside, I think the game looks a bit janky. I expect it to be a Monark level of game (I liked it more than most people). Mid all around, with great music.

New trailer unsold me lol. The part where they guy does a backflip and fires laser guns with no force (and no sound effect) looked so cheap.

Caligula 2, Monark, and Crymachina were not great on Switch. Will get this on Steam Deck.

Kazushige Nojima, Yoko Shimomura and Yusuke Naora being involved means this really is just another "we have Verum Rex at home", and I love it.

Just hoping Furyu can touch up those performance issues. Probably will get this on PS5 or Steamdeck.

More from not-Versus XIII.

Hi
Live broadcast of REYNATIS on March 2nd at 19:00 Japan time!

Check it out at the following URL!

Featuring guests Chiaki Kobayashi as Marin and Akari Kito as Sari, we'll delve into Renatis gameplay and character exploration!

Stream is over. Here's the part where the actual gameplay starts (47:37).

GHqazQnaEAAqfp2.jpg

The Button Prompts are from the Switch, and based on the graphics it appears to be a game made with the Switch in mind.

Gameplay looks solid, specially in combat, when compared to the reveal trailer. But yeah its a FuRyu lol, their games have been middle of the road but fun this seems to continue that trend.

That looks very interesting but I'm not wasting more money on new Furyu games on Switch. Will get it on something else.

Gameplay looks solid, specially in combat, when compared to the reveal trailer. But yeah its a FuRyu lol, their games have been middle of the road but fun this seems to continue that trend.
That's not a bad thing, we need more "mid" JRPG's in this concerning climate. DS had tons of them, it's great to see Switch keeping up thanks to mid sized publishers like FuRyu.

That's not a bad thing, we need more "mid" JRPG's in this concerning climate. DS had tons of them, it's great to see Switch keeping up thanks to mid sized publishers like FuRyu.
Oh I totally agree. I double dipped on AA and Legend of Legacy cause I loved them on 3DS and while I thought Monark was mediocre, it had some interesting aspects that big jrpgs would not tackle or experiment. So its cool to see these publishers experiment.

S-E has been doing plenty too. Just holding Visions of Mana back for reasons unfortunately.

Certainly looks like a FuRyu game, will be interesting to see if it has the substance to back up the style.

(Based on past experiences though, I will say it won't.)

Back
Top Bottom