• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Official Tweet Resident Evil 4 Remake's VR mode has started development for PSVR2, will be free DLC

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him

Translated tweet said:
VR mode of "Resident Evil RE: 4" will be distributed as free DLC for PlayStation5 / PlayStationVR2.

Capcom seems committed to RE VR! It's not surprising, after the success of RE4 VR for Quest 2, REVII VR for PSVR, and the newly released RE VIllage VR for PSVR2. RE4R's VR mode being free DLC just like Village is a nice perk! No indication of a release date, though.

Good stuff! OG RE4 VR looks incredible. I still think back to the IGN gameplay video. I'm bummed I'd need to buy a VR headset to play it. I'm expecting RE4 remake's VR mode to be just as good, and I hope to be able to play both someday. For now, I'm just happy we're only a month away from the game releasing. Feels like just yesterday you had sites reporting about there being a RE4 remake in development, with people making memes about cut content, in the aftermath of how mid RE3 remake unfortunately ended up. From all Capcom have said, it doesn't sound as though RE4 remake will be repeating those mistakes, and I'm super relieved.

I've seen a lot of people wonder "why is this not ready" or "why just start dev on it so late". People forget that the FY is ending March 31 and Capcom literally shipped out an incomplete MH game in 2021 that got fixed 2 months later. Made sense to prioritize the actual game for all platforms first and then do VR later since RE8 VR is a thing now already. Breathing space.

Back
Top Bottom