• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion R(h)ate the Direct (06/28 Edition) - Poll closed: this Direct was a 3,598360655737705 stars Direct according to this beautiful place

from 1 to 5 stars - R(h)ate the Direct 06/28 Edition

• 1 Star

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • 2 Stars

Votes: 22 6.0%
  • 3 Stars

Votes: 126 34.4%
  • 4 Stars

Votes: 167 45.6%
  • 5 Stars

Votes: 44 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was honestly a well-paced show with a lot of games.

... It's just that absolutely none of the games I hoped for were on it, and the games that were there didn't appeal to me much at all.

So, averaging it at 3 for a very solid show that didn't feature anything of interest for me personally.

Persona 3/4/5, Nier Automata, Harvestalla, Mega Man Battle Network Collection.

4/5. The best Partner Direct so far imo.

For me, 3 stars. I've already played Nier Automata and P5R, but if I hadn't, it would be 4 easily.

MMBN Collection is great, but still a collection of older games. Some stuff like Harvestella and Dragon Quest Treasures might be interesting, but are also kinda unknown quantities.

4/5. I think it was as solid as a Partner Showcase can get - only Monster Hunter Rise and Stories 2 September 2020, and Shin Megami Tensei V re-reveal in July could top that. But as an overall event that one definitely ruled.

Nier Automata is HYPE AS FUCK!!! Can't wait to play that. Persona 3/4/5 FINALLY!!! Wanna play them all on the Switch. "Minor" games announced like Blanc really made my eyes glow, looks really good. Those Pac Man platformers looks kinda neat too?? And Sonic Frontiers doesn't look like a mess, which is already a good thing. Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak launch trailer was DOPE!!!

Great Direct in its own right, and offered something for everyone.

The on-demand format was awesome and I enjoyed reading the headlines first.

Solid Direct in what type of third party support to expect

4*. A bit of games for everyone a couple nice surprises (Persona 5R making its switch debut), Battle Network Collection, Neir Automata. Was hoping a bit for a new Nintendo collab game to show besides M+R but it was a great Partners Showcase
Well as far as variety goes, this direct still lacked, shooters, racing games, sports games, but I gotta say, when it delivered which are all the other genres, it was damn good.

4/5, great direct. Best Partner and Mini direct too. About equal to the Sony State of Play this month, though this direct was more catered to my preferences (Sony had way too many horror games).

Interested to see how Nintendo approaches the rest of the year. Maybe just game specific directs until September? or minis until February? I feel like every Direct since E3 2021 have been amazing so I hope we get a full direct this fall at least.

Easily their best partner showcase. Could easily have been a good general direct if the just added some 1st party stuff as well lol.

Monkey Island temp exclusive? NIER definitive non-cloud edition? Miracle Persona games? Portal shadowdropped? Sonic footage? Megaman, Pac-Man, Bomberman, MH DLC, Mario+Rabbids…?

I’d had loved to see many other rumoured (Batman) and confirmed (Hogwarts) games on this and all, but it’s overall the best Mini Direct I remember. And there’s still a Nintendo first party Direct coming so… 5 stars for me.

A ridiculously good partner direct, a 3/5 standard direct cause no first party (heh).
2/5 for me. Just nothing to personally excite me as someone with an Xbox.
I also have an Xbox recently, and I have no idea but I can't bring myself to play anything on it. I think it's the slow loading, the complicated UI, having to play on TV all the time. Even though I have Game Pass and downloaded games I want to buy on Switch, I still don't play them. I wish I would, it's kind of annoying. But I find myself getting bored on the TV and then I just get on Switch instead. It's so dumb and wasteful haha.

1.5 for me (I gave 2) - Dragon Quest Treasures was the only thing that interested me.

If I was still Switch-only it'd be higher, but now I have all of PS/XB/Switch there's not a lot interesting there tbh.

I will say, this was damn good for a partner. If Switch was my primary console, it'd be a 4/5.

2 stars -- but only because I have other consoles that most of the stuff here are going to, or I have already played like Automata or the Persona games. Sad with the lack of exclusives here, but I understand it's a mini so my expectations weren't too high. I think if I only owned a Switch and no gaming PC it would be a 3/5 for me.

I picked 3/5. There was some odd hectic pacing here where they didn’t let announcements breathe. Definitely felt they cut up a show that existed to make this one. Still a lot of good announcements here. The Persona announcements meant an absolute ton to me as the OP of the Persona poll thread. A lot of other ports I’m excited about here as well including Nier Automata (which looks like it is running very well) and the Portal shadowdrop. The new games being a little lacking drops this one down for me. I thought Mario and Rabbids had a sadly underwhelming showing here even though I expect I’m really going to enjoy the final game. I’ll definitely pick up Bomberman and Harvestella, but I’m not too hyped for them. Low key cool announcement btw was the Live A Live demo. Will definitely help me finish it before Xenoblade 3 lol.

The vote is about to end.

Just a couple of hours left, don't forget to take part in this important community decision that will help shape the future rank of the Directs.

images

Final results and ranking
STOP THE COUNT!

Poll is closed and here's the result:

The people have spoken and decided that the 06/28 Direct was worth 3,60 stars, therefore ranking below the 02/09 Direct (4,26 stars). Another indication of the reduced popularity of this Direct is that it had 18% fewer voters than the previous one.

So, the current Famiboards-era Nintendo Direct ranking is:
  1. 02/06/2022 Direct - 4,26 stars
  2. 06/28/2022 Direct - 3,60 stars

of course this forum would give it a 3.598360655737705 and not the 3.3249027549233400 score it actually deserves

Back
Top Bottom