• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Queen Elizabeth has Passed

I will not pretend to be sad.

Edit : Also, the Resetera thread about it is some of the most fun I had on that forum in a long while.

Tonight we say goodbye. It's been a long time, but it's finally time to move on. Farewell, Splatoon 2

The depiction of global leaders as reptiles has connotations relating to anti-semitic conspiracy theories, and it's not acceptable to post this kind of derogatory remark. - hologram, Donnie, BozPaggs, Aurc
rest in piss you disgusting reptile

Reposting from another thread...

144.jpg

even setting aside all the baggage, I'd find it tough to be sad about a 96 year old dying

Only downside is the media is now going to be all 'now is not the time to talk about people not being able to pay their energy bills, AN OLD LADY HAS DIED' and it's going to be absolutely fucking insufferable even besides that.

Thank god for shitposting.

I've just thought, the premier league matches probably aren't gonna happen this weekend because of this. First the direct and now this, it just gets worse and worse for me.

but what about you friends......will you still be gaming at 96???

Can we please get serious for a little bit?

Your question implies that i must have full cognitive abilities at that age. Other than drowning, dying of dementia/Alzheimer is my biggest fear and the most heartbreaking. Having a life full of memories gone at the end is the most terrifying scenario for me or my loved ones, i do not have any family members that have died of that , but speaking with friends that went through that they say it's the most painful and heartbreaking situation they have been involved with.

Gonna launch a Change.org petition to rename the thread “parasite in chef in her idiot hat has passed” in honor of actual British treasure Christopher Eccleston

I'm really sad, I think she was an amazing woman. I heard on the news one of the correspondents say that a lot of people were proud to be British because of the Queen and I know for me at least that's true.

Can we please get serious for a little bit?

Your question implies that i must have full cognitive abilities at that age. Other than drowning, dying of dementia/Alzheimer is my biggest fear and the most heartbreaking. Having a life full of memories gone at the end is the most terrifying scenario for me or my loved ones, i do not have any family members that have died of that , but speaking with friends that went through that they say it's the most painful and heartbreaking situation they have been involved with.

Here or Era, there is no seriousness to any of this. People want to have their hot takes and think they’re being funny but they’re not. Nothing funny about any of it. And FYI, my great-grandmother couldn’t remember much before she passed. I’ll always remember my Mom breaking down one day when she visited her in the hospital and my great-grandmother didn’t even know who she was.

Last edited:
I've just thought, the premier league matches probably aren't gonna happen this weekend because of this. First the direct and now this, it just gets worse and worse for me.
Jürgen Klopp getting some very unexpected room to breathe

My feelings were made clear in the other thread.

My condolences to anyone in her life personally affected by her passing.

Beyond that, she was a relic of an outdated system, a proponent and beneficiary of colonialism, and she personally stepped in to protect Andrew when discussion of him being a nonce first appeared in the media.

She seemed like a decent woman. She certainly lived in unearned luxury, but would you want that life in a goldfishbowl? I wouldn't. She was "at work" pretty much every day of her long life. No retirement, a position for life. Not for me, thanks.

As an Irishman there's no tears here, but I won't forget that at age 85 - when she really had no need to at all - she came over to try and build bridges between the two nations, fairly shockingly bowing in respect at the graves of Irish soldiers who had fought against her own nation and starting her speech as Gaeilge. A lovely touch. I was damn proud that we could host a visit like that without violence. That's progress.

I sometimes wonder how much worse the troubles could have been with a less temperate and politically neutral head of state on their side when the IRA were bombing Britain. By all accounts she was always in favour of peace. While she didn't have much say/input either way, there might have been a lot of kings who would have pushed the opposite way.

I won't pin any of the evils of the British state on her, I really don't believe she was responsible for them. Would be like pinning any misdeeds of Ireland on our president. Just a figurehead in the end.

Will be interesting to see if the British monarchy survives this. In a serious nation, it probably shouldn't. But the with the decisions the Brits have been making over the past decade, well...

She seemed like a decent woman. She certainly lived in unearned luxury, but would you want that life in a goldfishbowl? I wouldn't. She was "at work" pretty much every day of her long life. No retirement, a position for life. Not for me, thanks.

As an Irishman there's no tears here, but I won't forget that at age 85 - when she really had no need to at all - she came over to try and build bridges between the two nations, fairly shockingly bowing in respect at the graves of Irish soldiers who had fought against her own nation and starting her speech as Gaeilge. A lovely touch. I was damn proud that we could host a visit like that without violence. That's progress.

I sometimes wonder how much worse the troubles could have been with a less temperate and politically neutral head of state on their side when the IRA were bombing Britain. By all accounts she was always in favour of peace. While she didn't have much say/input either way, there might have been a lot of kings who would have pushed the opposite way.

I won't pin any of the evils of the British state on her, I really don't believe she was responsible for them. Would be like pinning any misdeeds of Ireland on our president. Just a figurehead in the end.

Will be interesting to see if the British monarchy survives this. In a serious nation, it probably shouldn't. But the with the decisions the Brits have been making over the past decade, well...

Shocked that a post as reasonable as this exists on this forum.

Can't believe it was 10 years ago that she parachuted into the Summer Olympics opening ceremony with James Bond.

Lmao. We don't need to be polite and respectful about mummified old pedophiles born into unfathomable wealth on account of centuries of genocidal plunder. You have a badly warped definition of reasonable

Mate I couldn't care less about about the queen or what anyone thinks about her; who said anything about being polite and respectful? The post I quoted appears to be coming from a genuine place of being well informed and heartfelt, and isn't taking a totally one sided stance on the subject matter which is why I was shocked to see it here. It's completely at odds with the majority of posts I've read about the queen on this forum, so in what sense is my definition of reasonable warped? :ROFLMAO:

Mate I couldn't care less about about the queen or what anyone thinks about her; who said anything about being polite and respectful? The post I quoted appears to be coming from a genuine place of being well informed and heartfelt, and isn't taking a totally one sided stance on the subject matter which is why I was shocked to see it here. It's completely at odds with the majority of posts I've read about the queen on this forum, so in what sense is my definition of reasonable warped? :ROFLMAO:
so what you're saying is, the truth is in the middle

Between the likes of this, as well as a variety of other things that were done to harm and rob black and brown bodies on her watch, I'm certainly NOT mourning the Queen.

spin a globe, let it stop and then put your finger in a spot and chances are the british have committed some atrocity there. but then you have brits indignantly wondering why so many people are clowning on their figurehead...

Australians currently trying extremely hard to will a public holiday for this into existence, that’s basically what every group chat I’m in has been discussing all day.

This may be the beginning of Australia's first push towards becoming a republic. Many of the older generation here had loyalty to Elizabeth but absolutely none to Charles and have soured on the whole family. I can't see anyone here acknowledging him as our monarch or whatever.

This may be the beginning of Australia's first push towards becoming a republic. Many of the older generation here had loyalty to Elizabeth but absolutely none to Charles and have soured on the whole family. I can't see anyone here acknowledging him as our monarch or whatever.
Charles is probably as awful as any of the other royals, but one thing I'll give him credit for was that he strongly and openly supported environmental issues long before mainstream acceptance, and was humiliated for it on a near-daily basis.
I expect New Zealand won't be too far behind republic-wise - at any rate, I don't expect we'll get another monarch on our money.

Back
Top Bottom