• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Pokemon Sword/Shield, Legends: Arceus, and Scarlet/Violet soundtracks announced - Releasing 27 February 2024 (Japan)

N75

Like Like

So I just completely missed this news at the start of the month. Also contains the music from the DLC. We should also get composer breakdowns. It seems like the tracks exclusive to USUM will remain officially unreleased, unfortunately.

No word on an international release yet, but it will likely drop the same day on iTunes.

EMqbFn-WkAAVFpu.jpg

I'm surprised that Scarlet/Violet has significantly more tracks than Sword/Shield. I haven't played Scarlet/Violet, though. Is there something about Sword/Shield or Scarlet/Violet that led to this?

So the soundtracks are out in Japan now. Unfortunately no word on a western digital release yet.

Bulbapedia has translated the tracklists with composer/arranger breakdowns. Also no surprise that the SV soundtrack omits Celestial and the DLC remix.

I wish someone would translate the composer comments. Not just from these releases, but from all the previous soundtracks too. Maybe they're already out there and I just haven't come across them yet. The only one I could find was for the HGSS soundtrack.

Finally got my hands on the PLA and SV soundtracks.

So far I found the PLA tracks a complete upgrade over the game-rip versions found on YouTube or the in-game version. Especially the Giratina battle theme to which I was personally impressed the most with how clear the instruments played out. All other tracks enjoy a similar level of upgrade. Among fields theme though, I'm still fond of Cobalt Coastland 1 the most. It's one of the rare track in the game to feature electric guitar and also among the most successful in giving me the thrill of exploration.

Still in process of ripping the SV soundtrack, but I already noticed how deeply involved Toby Fox was with this game's soundtrack. The guy managed to leave his mark on almost 30+ different tracks, of which he was the sole composer for ~15 tracks! I checked out Tera Raid theme immediately and have the same impression as PLA soundtrack: a clear upgrade in clarity compared to the game-rip version. Again the electric guitar sings its melody loud and clear, but what I appreciate the most was actually the crystal-sounding layer (triangle?). It was given much more breathing space in the CD version and as a result I can hear its trailing mark after the leading instrument very clearly, just like looking into a mirror! Can't compare against the in-game version since I haven't played the game yet lol, so I will leave it out.

Back
Top Bottom