• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Pokemon Scarlet/Violet Metacritic Prediction Thread (Review Embargo Ends on Thursday)

How will Pokemon Scarlet/Violet score?

• 96+

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 90-95

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 85-89

Votes: 32 28.8%
  • 80-84

Votes: 70 63.1%
  • 75-79

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • 70-74

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Below 70

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m shocked at how many people are expecting scores in the mid to low 70s when both Sword and Shield & Let’s GO both got an 80. No way it’s scoring lower than those, come on now.
It definitely looks like it deserves that lol. But it is Pokemon so it'll get somewhere near 80-84.

I would not be surprised if it got something like a 78 though.

The performance for any other game would put it in the 70s. But it is just so difficult (like Zelda and Mario) to be completely objective about Pokemon. It'll get low 80s despite horrendous technical problems we've seen.

The performance for any other game would put it in the 70s. But it is just so difficult (like Zelda and Mario) to be completely objective about Pokemon. It'll get low 80s despite horrendous technical problems we've seen.
Not really, the history is full of games with great reviews scores and uneven performance.

Even a game like 3H, which was plain ugly and suffered from frametrate drops, scored an 89.

There's just more to a game than its tech (unless the game is unplayable ofc)

79! That's... Quite low for what I expected (86) so far. Guess I will have to do an avatar change sooner or later 😅

Not really, the history is full of games with great reviews scores and uneven performance.

Even a game like 3H, which was plain ugly and suffered from frametrate drops, scored an 89.

There's just more to a game than its tech (unless the game is unplayable ofc)
3H was leagues, leagues ahead of this. It barely stuttered, mostly in a couple spots at the castle. In battle, it never stuttered. It was pretty, tho textures could be rough. But it is nowhere near the jank and FPS of this game.

Not a surprise that performance is the games biggest issue, the moment they showed those 5fps Sunflora in the trailer you knew things would be rough. I don't think more powerful hardware would have saved this game though as even Let's Go had areas with crazy frame rate drops back in 2018.

Given the circumstances around the development of a mainline Pokemon game, i'd argue these are the least useful games to criticize Switch game performance.

Because let's be honest, the reason a Pokemon game has wonky performance isn't the hardware it's on, it's Gamefreak being on a roadmap with little to no room to move deadlines, their teams being too spread around many projects and them still using that mediocre in-house engine.

They would need to skip one gen to totally overhaul their dev pipelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom