• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data Pokemon Brilliant Diamond Shining Pearl" sold 1.396 million units within 3 days of its release In Japan

• Thread starter Deleted member 1250
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1250

The total number of Nintendo Switch units in Japan has exceeded 22 million!​

Switch sold 168,000 units that time frame
i used machine translation for now sorry guys

When a new pokemon game is released

money-printer-go-brr-jerome-powell.gif

For a team of 16 people, ILCA is absolutely eating. Like seriously. Impressive work, even with the outsourcing.

Game freak is definitely going to work with them again for Gen 5 remakes and beyond.

Edit: Apparently that's Maybe not true, read it from the other place.

Last edited:
This is without digital right? Very good number, it should have outclassed both first week Gen 2 (~1400k) and Gen 3 (~1530k) remakes.

Will it pass 4 million (HG/SS LTD is 3970k)? Depends on how does the market react with Legends Arceus and how both titles coexists.

More physical than Sword and Shield at launch? That's bonkers. Wonder how the digital split is, then.

This is without digital right? Very good number, it should have outclassed both first week Gen 2 (~1400k) and Gen 3 (~1530k) remakes.

Will it pass 4 million (HG/SS LTD is 3970k)? Depends on how does the market react with Legends Arceus and how both titles coexists.
yes, physical and download cards only

I'm not surprised; I was in Japan during the release window of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl as an exchange student, and I helped teach primary schoolers English on the side. Pokémon and the DS were like a religion there at the time.

One time we asked a class what they wanted for Christmas; every single kid said they wanted a Nintendo DS, except for one little girl one who said she wanted a Nintendo DS "and a baby".

15 years later, these kids have grown up, have their own disposable income, and Diamond/Pearl probably reminds them of a simpler time and the joys of childhood. Especially in these difficult times, the appeal is clearly enormous.

The Pokemon juggernaut continues (and as expected, beat my 1,169,169 prediction by quite a bit). Was over on the amount of Switches sold during the week though.

For comparisons sake, here's the physical launch weekends of the games in Japan
BDSP: 1.396m
SWSH: 1.364m
Let's Go: 664k
USUM: 1.19m
SM: 1.9m
ORAS: 1.54m
XY: 2.09m

SWSH launch was smaller but digital ratio has increased. SWSH was confirmed for over 2m including Digital

It's also worth noting remakes are usually a little less leggy than gen starters
Where did this 16 people thing come from? That doesn't seem to match the credits list.
The same people who brought the lies about SWSH's development

Oh wow, Sinnoh is really popular! Also people are probably hungry for some classic Pokémon.

Hopefully GF will take notes and question their mentality that they have to streamline everything because kids don't like designed games.

Switch hitting 22m also means it has outsold the PS2, and thus every home console.

It's now the 4th best selling gaming hardware of all time behind DS, Gameboy/Colour and 3DS.

That's a huge increase over Let's Go, wow! GF and ILSA eating well. Will be interesting to see what legs they have,

One of my favorite gen! Happy that the game got the sales. Been enjoying BD with my son.

GF just has a direction and schedule problem. I'm ready to move on from Masuda as producer. Ohmori gave me hope as director with Sun and Moon, but then SS happened. real curious as to who's directing Legends
Could Hiroyuki Tani, the director of Sword and Shield DLC, be the main guy on Gen9 ? So Ohmori would be the one directing Legends. I can't see who else could it be.

A lot of people getting mad about the games selling well which is weird to me - do people think other games would suddenly sell better if these Remakes didnt exist ?

I think the primary argument of anger this time around is "it looks like a mobile game", but as it turns out, the art style hasn't put many off at all, apparently.

they think that if the games sold poorly, it'd make the next game better. so selling well means GF doesn't have to try
but it seems like a good remake and doesn't even suffer from the usualy AAA bullshit of broken at launch issues.
I think those people are frankly unreasonable and petulant because of art style or some other subjective criteria.

I think the primary argument of anger this time around is "it looks like a mobile game", but as it turns out, the art style hasn't put many off at all, apparently.

Looking like a mobile game is frankly the worst kind of argument some might give nowadays. Mobile games now can look on par if not better than the biggest Switch games.

Where did this 16 people thing come from? That doesn't seem to match the credits list.
I remembered reading it from the other place. Sorry for the confusion and spreading false lies. Man, I used to think the other place was actually reliable for news, but apparently not.

"it looks like a mobile game!"

Mobile games:

Genshin_Impact_iOS_Android_027.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Could Hiroyuki Tani, the director of Sword and Shield DLC, be the main guy on Gen9 ? So Ohmori would be the one directing Legends. I can't see who else could it be.
it's impossible to say right now. could be anyone. could even be me!

but it seems like a good remake and doesn't even suffer from the usualy AAA bullshit of broken at launch issues.
I think those people are frankly unreasonable and petulant because of art style or some other subjective criteria.
I believe if pokemon started selling poorly, the response isn't GF giving them what they want, it's GF giving them nothing

they think that if the games sold poorly, it'd make the next game better. so selling well means GF doesn't have to try
But the "better" is usually only related to looks and graphics for the audience that complains and doesnt actually play these games.
It comes off as really corny, unless they deliver an Open World game on Switch that looks like a PS4/PS5 game people are always gonna think they dont try hard enough.

If you were mad about Sun and Moon on 3DS, Lets Go, Sw/Sh and the new Remakes ...it might be just time to move on.

Seems to be the Chibi-style that is maikng or breaking the game for some - guess Chibi artdesign automatically means that its a no-effort cashgrab. We had similar sentiments being expressed when Bravely Default was unveiled.

I was the one who spread the 16 people thing because I misunderstood a tweet who was talking about the programmers and I thought it was the entire team, so I am so sorry about that.

Literally too big to fail.

What a shame. Mediocrity will continue I guess.
Original Diamond and Pearl was ass too and sold boatloads too, didn’t stop us from getting Platinum, HGSS, and BW right afterwards

Back
Top Bottom