• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Pokémon Stadium will release on Nintendo Switch Online on April 12

As someone who gives no shits about the battle mode... Hell yeah, count me in for the mini games! 🥰

If a game isn't fun to play for funs sake, and you're only doing it to grind out something else minor in a completely different game, that sounds like a major problem to me to begin with.

Rental Pokémon definitely aren't great though, good luck to anyone who actually does try and beat R2 with them.

Yeah, that's basically what I'm saying. It's not very fun for its own sake. The novelty of Stadium on its own is very thin for me. It's hard to justify doing a lot of the difficult things without it being MY team, or earning something special I can't get anywhere else. Unlocking the Duduo Gameboy without a transfer pack? "Oh. Uh. Cool, I guess? Is there something else to progress towards?" I have similar feelings for Stadium 2, but at least I recall liking its minigames better.

They're literally fixing that and it's an incredibly rare bug?

I'm almost 100000% positive if it was a bug that happened after home support launched and they were unable to restore people's progress (thus meaning people could lose 20 years of mons due to shoddy programming even if it was super rare) you'd be singing a very different tune. So I hope. Doesn't excuse that it's beyond inexcusable for a save bug to exist for months and for a game to run like wet ass when its predecessors on the same system did not

No clue why you rushed to play defense in this thread when i made a random remark in a thread about a spinoff coming to a sub service tbh.
This whole conversation triggered a memory that I successfully suppressed over 20 years ago. I might call him tonight lol.

I'm... Very tempted to hear how it goes. For me my save loss story is boring: i lost my GLC save as a kid because i turned my N64 off and on rapidly trying to get the game to work because i had a very dirty system, and apparently the carts would eat your save if you did that for some dumb reason... Thankfully learned to be very careful afterward especially when i got the transfer pak

I'm almost 100000% positive if it was a bug that happened after home support launched and they were unable to restore people's progress (thus meaning people could lose 20 years of mons due to shoddy programming even if it was super rare) you'd be singing a very different tune. So I hope. Doesn't excuse that it's beyond inexcusable for a save bug to exist for months and for a game to run like wet ass when its predecessors on the same system did not

No clue why you rushed to play defense in this thread when i made a random remark in a thread about a spinoff coming to a sub service tbh.
Jesus Christ, chill.

Just played an hour and a half or so. I played the first gym leader (Brock), which was 4 matches.. I then went to Stadium mode and played petit cup (level 15-20). Holy crap I forgot it was 8 matches! I thought I was gonna steam roll with rentals, but it got significantly hot harder in the last half and I lost like 3 times.

Also remembered how broken gen 1 mechanics are like

- the special stat. Basically special attack and defense combined. This of course made psychic the best type overall, and there were little to resist (pin missile was the best big move, and lol at dark)
-moves like wrap were really annoying. If a Pokemon is faster than you and hits you with a wrap, you're kind of fucked for at least two turns. You can't move at all. Imagine getting hit by a Yentacruel that uses toxic and then wrap. The semi final cup of petit has Tentacruel destroy my Lapras with wrap spamming. I was helpless. and it's very accurate.
-one hit one moves like fissure and horn drill are annoying. Getting my Blastoise one shorted bu dugtrio on the first try was embarrassing.
-status moves in general are really powerful. Besides toxic, thunder wave too (bigger speed penalty in the earlier games).

I don't know how doable this game will be to beat in hard mode tbqh. It's doable I normal mode with rentals for sure..

Articuno is probably the strongest rental Pokémon in the game, it can sweep quite a few leaders and E4. Lapras is also good, but everything it does, Articuno does better.

Zapdos is also good, but I think I used to prefer Jolteon because it's the fastest Pokémon in the game iirc and it also got a better moveset. Maybe Electrode was faster than Jolteon, he could also be an option. Explosion was good for taking down the enemy when you're almost dying since it always goes first.

Starmie is another great one, it's one of the fastest Pokémon and has a great moveset, if I'm not mistaken it has Surf, Thunderbolt and Psybeam. Was a staple in my team.

Snorlax is a great, bulky pick. Dragons were very powerful in gen 1 but I think Dragonite was kinda shit, maybe Dragonair was good.

And finally, psychic type was completely OP on gen 1, so abuse those. Slowbro, Alakazam and Exeggutor are probably the best ones, Exeggutor is pretty bulky and has some more coverage, I would pick two out of those three and balance them out with the rest of the team.

Just beat the rival with your tips. You are a beautiful human being!

Back
Top Bottom