• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Pokémon Scarlet and Violet DLC "The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero" announced (UPDATE: Part 2, "The Indigo Disk", coming December 14th)

mazi

picross pundit

imagecqi1e.jpeg

1imagexaiai.jpeg

2imageb0ezo.jpeg

screenshot2023-02-27hxf6k.jpeg

Last edited:
That doesn't sound like south Kalos. Would have been much better, the game would have stayed true to its open world structure.

That presentation may have been rough but the key art for these DLC and the idea of a field trip / exchange semester are wonderful

Unironically more worried than relieved that they are "taking their time" with DLC. After SV they don't get the benefit of the doubt.

Kinda annoyed they're going to PokeJapan when we have a ton of Japanese inspired regions instead of Galar or Kalos. Zygarde at least seems involved?

I can't wait to go back to Poke Japan, that is why Gens 1-4 (in particularly Gold and Silver) are my favorites.

Last edited:
Green hexagons everywhere that look like its patterns.
hm... i would not count on that. The shell of the second legendaries is heavy on hexagons already, its the basis for the terra crystals. Dont think it has anything to do with zygarde.

Okidogi, aaaaaaaaahahahahahahaa.

Well, at least they don't look like a set of starters in the art. More like one stagers. Hope they're not one stagers though, i find those boring.

Winter 23 would be December 2023 up to March 2024, given we're close to the end of the current winter.

With the way Paradox Suicune and Virizion are typed and look, I wonder if they're planning on completing the trios with Paradox Entei, Raikou, Cobalion, and Terrakion?

Which is totally fine. Almost relieved they aren't doing the exact release schedule as they did with Sword/Shield.

Agreed. It's clear that S/V development went sideways and they are taking their time with DLC. Definitely for the better.

Knee jerk reaction, we might not get a 2024 game (Let's Go, Legends, Remakes).

The continued school framing is clever. Way better than a random trip to south-western France. Disappointed in the lack of variety in the new school uniforms, however. Those could have used more boldness.

Instead the boldness has been entirely misplaced.

Not sure if the website has updated yet, or if there is a press kit, but Serebii is tweeting some of the new Pokemon:

The thickness of the black lines for the nose ridge / eye lids bothers me to no end.

With the way Paradox Suicune and Virizion are typed and look, I wonder if they're planning on completing the trios with Paradox Entei, Raikou, Cobalion, and Terrakion?

I'm kinda sad that this rumor of Paradox Cune and Virizion being chimeras made out of all three of the respective legendaries didn't turn out true.

Agreed. It's clear that S/V development went sideways and they are taking their time with DLC. Definitely for the better.

Knee jerk reaction, we might not get a 2024 game (Let's Go, Legends, Remakes).
My knee jerk reaction is that we're getting that holiday 2024 game, hence why SV's second DLC can't come much later than Winter 2023. The duality of man.

Hopefully I'm wrong and it all works out in the end lol

Kinda annoyed they're going to PokeJapan when we have a ton of Japanese inspired regions instead of Galar or Kalos. Zygarde at least seems involved?
I’m annoyed that they’re going to Japan in an ugly and poor looking gen. It’s a wasted opportunity lol. As a spanish guy I was let down by the art side of this game (I loved the gameplay though).

The continued school framing is clever. Way better than a random trip to south-western France. Disappointed in the lack of variety in the new school uniforms, however. Those could have used more boldness.

Instead the boldness has been entirely misplaced.

The thickness of the black lines for the nose ridge / eye lids bothers me to no end.
I mean, when we’re school in Spain we go to France, not Japan lol

Yay these look awesome, I love the theme for the first dlc and the new pokemon designs. A bit of a yokai vibe haha in a good way!

Eh.

I need to know what the gameplay is like before jumping in. Artwork doesn't do much for me.

DLC is called "The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero" but:

-doesn't include the new legendary paradox pokemon so they aren't relevant to the story
-Both parts aren't set in Paldea
-The biggest tease in the main game which was the disk pokemon (now Terapagos) is not even on the key art of the Indigo Disk expansion like the Teal Mask legendary does.

So what the hell does this DLC has to do with area zero? And unless they are included in the second part going with the player to the new academy, it seems the other 3 main characters got shafted in the DLC

I mean, when we’re school in Spain we go to France, not Japan lol

So do we in Germany, but I'd rather have gone to Japan. Still the white, blue and red color scheme of the uniforms for the second DLC keeps the hopes for France somewhat non-buried.

DLC is called "The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero" but:

-doesn't include the new legendary paradox pokemon so they aren't relevant to the story
-Both parts aren't set in Paldea
-The biggest tease in the main game which was the disk pokemon (now Terapagos) is not even on the key art of the Indigo Disk expansion like the Teal Mask legendary does.

So what the hell does this DLC has to do with area zero? And unless they are included in the second part going with the player to the new academy, it seems the other 3 main characters got shafted in the DLC
It is likely that the DLC simple adds content to Area Zero that they did not want to talk about yet outside of showing us the turtle. We know for fact the Turtle is dwelling down in Area Zero after all.

It is likely that the DLC simple adds content to Area Zero that they did not want to talk about yet outside of showing us the turtle. We know for fact the Turtle is dwelling down in Area Zero after all.

ScarVio Academy team: "We're using these special teleporters to travel to the field trip and your exchange school, but to be honest, we don't know how they work!"

Turtle Pokemon: "... Those arceus-damned idiots use my dimension shattering energy again for vacations ...."

Back
Top Bottom