• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl is the second biggest boxed game launch of 2021 in UK

Hero of Hyrule

Frieren the Slayer
Pronouns
He/Him
It's another blockbuster launch for Pokémon this week, with Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl taking the top two positions in the UK charts.

The remakes of the classic DS titles are comfortably the biggest Switch game launches of the year, beating Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury -- in fact, Brilliant Diamond achieves that alone, without even counting Pearl sales. Brilliant Diamond takes the No.1 position, followed by Shining Pearl at No.2, while the double pack featuring both games lands at No.9.

The Pokémon games combined are the second biggest boxed game launch of the year, behind FIFA 22 but ahead of Call of Duty: Vanguard.

Compared with other mainline Pokémon releases on Switch, launch sales are 26% down over Sword and Shield, which were the big new Pokémon games released in November 2019. Sales are up 13% over the Let's Go Eevee and Pikachu games, which were released back in November 2018.

Last WeekThis WeekTitle
New Entry1Pokémon Brilliant Diamond
New Entry2Pokémon Shining Pearl
New Entry3Battlefield 2042
14Call of Duty: Vanguard
25FIFA 22
146Spider-Man: Miles Morales
57Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
118Far Cry 6
New Entry9Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Double Pack
1510Just Dance 2022

SOURCE

gif.gif

Cool.

Time for Pokémon Colosseum remaster.

Actually scratch that.

Pokémon Explorers of Sky DX!

Best Mystery Dungeon

Well, SMT V predictably didn't have any legs. Pokemon having a big opening as expected. Very good week for PS5 as well.

Cool.

Time for Pokémon Colosseum remaster.

Actually scratch that.

Pokémon Explorers of Sky DX!

Best Mystery Dungeon
Explorers of sky remake summer next year would be so perfect, it would even capitalize on the nostalgia started by bdsp.

wonder what CoD's digital sales look like. sounds like they're down everywhere, but they have Warzone to make up for it

Yep, us UKers like our Pokemon. Still a good result mind. Will get around to adding to those numbers myself once I've finished SMTV.

I do wonder how Warzone is affecting the annual CoD gravy train. Are people really going to be willing to shell out £60-£80 on a brand new game every year when they have an ongoing free to play alternative? I know there's compatibility between them and all, but you have to wonder what kind of appetite remains for annualised releases these days

Kinda weird tbh.....30 people in my friends list have played SwSh but only 4 are playing DP remakes.
Seems like only 7 have played lets go pikachu/eevee.

I kinda want to get it.....but im waiting to see if I can find a used copy of the game.

I am getting it later as well. For now I am good :D. And who knows maybe I am not getting it at all if Legends is good enough

Back
Top Bottom