• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion PlayStation and Xbox congratulate Nintendo on the launch of Tears of the Kingdom

I'm sure the people running their social media accounts are playing TOTK on their Switches as well.

This reminds me, Nintendo twitter account never congratulates PS and Xbox releases right? Not saying they should but just an observation.

You know a game is a big deal when the competition congratulates it coming out. I don't see Playstation congratulating Xbox for it, but I could see Nintendo throwing out a cute Pikmin x Starfield tweet in September.

You know a game is a big deal when the competition congratulates it coming out. I don't see Playstation congratulating Xbox for it, but I could see Nintendo throwing out a cute Pikmin x Starfield tweet in September.
If anything that's less likely. Not cause of any company positioning so much as NOA being a far more restrained twitter, Kit mentioned when he ran it he was not allowed to ever reply to people, any personalized messages are just not happening

If anything that's less likely. Not cause of any company positioning so much as NOA being a far more restrained twitter, Kit mentioned when he ran it he was not allowed to ever reply to people, any personalized messages are just not happening
They've sent out tweets congratulating Xbox before, just because one person that doesn't work there anymore said they weren't allowed to do something at one specific time doesn't mean that's how it currently is.

For unnecessary hostility towards another member you have been banned for a day. Please refrain from aggressive attacks and name calling during disagreements. - Barely Able, PixelKnight, Josh5890
Can we not ruin a positive thread, about competitors congratulating Nintendo for their success, with bullshit console warring.

Bullshit console warring? But SX is my favorite console this generation, Xbox ONE was my favorite the previous generation 🤷‍♂️ and i have said that several times here (not that you HAVE to know this, but there it is and receipts should be there in past threads)

Anyway, it was only a joke, maybe a bad one but it´s just like sometimes i forget of the internet forum fucking pricks who wake up in the morning somehow feeling with the authority of telling other people what to do or what to say . It´s not like they can go on and ignore the post, NOOOOU they have to scold you with the force of 10K suns because "console wars serious business".

And maybe i will catch a ban for this post (That´s ok) but hopefully the mods would not allow for these kind of pricks run amok in here playing "console positivity mama" and wagging their fingers for any, asinine , unthreatening bad dad jokes about videogames. We all know where that took us last time.

look

feel free to feel good about this or whatever

but it’s a marketing tweet, and the kind of marketing tweet that makes me want to die

it’s “this is going to be a popular topic, so we have to make sure our names are there when people talk about it”

twitter entities massively weighted as “video game authorities” (which they are!) mentioning a highly trending topic (which has nothing to do with them!) means eyeballs eyeballs eyeballs

and they’re not doing it to congratulate Nintendo or suck up to Nintendo or anything

it’s for you

it’s so you see it

it’s so you talk about it

and again, you don’t have to be dead inside, maybe it warms your heart, maybe your internal karmic scale for both entities just got a couple pebbles for “ultimately good,” and that’s ultimately your business

but if we’re gonna debate the merit and intent, know that it’s marketing in no uncertain terms

know that I have been in the rooms that decide to make these kinds of tweets more often than I have ever wanted to be and these are not decisions made with love

nor are they made by somebody who wants to relate to you

it’s a brand on twitter

this is not a place of honor

Back
Top Bottom