• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Predictions Place your bets in this thread for the Release timing of the Switch 2

When is switch 2 launching?

• Early 2024

Votes: 22 17.5%
  • Mid 2024

Votes: 50 39.7%
  • Late 2024

Votes: 51 40.5%

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters
I feel like it's holiday 2024. Launch around October, Mario game, Metroid Prime 4, a few big third parties (perhaps and exclusive of sorts). Give Switch some breathing room to squeeze it's last significant first party titles out.

Originally I thought Nintendo was going to do announcements further ahead of time, but with all the smoke going around I think we're looking at an October 2023 announcement for a March-April 2024 release.

I'm tied between mid and late 2024 because I think September and October are the most likely release months. I think a launch in November is a lost opportunity for them to really grow the install base as quickly as they can next year. Because you will get 1 big sales spike when it launches and a 2nd during the holiday shopping season.

I'm sticking with early 2024. I think the fall 2024 talk is coming from Nintendo do telling third parties to be ready for fall 2024 and that first party will be ready to go spring 2024.

Back
Top Bottom