• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Predictions Place your bets in this thread for the Release timing of the Switch 2

When is switch 2 launching?

• Early 2024

Votes: 22 17.5%
  • Mid 2024

Votes: 50 39.7%
  • Late 2024

Votes: 51 40.5%

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters

lemonfresh

#Team2024
Pronouns
He/Him
Place your bets here and see if you were right in the future, also see if you can get the exact release date right as well

My prediction November 8 2024

I just think Holiday 2024 is the perfect time to launch also they might want to make the next Mario 3d game as a launch title. Also I feel like h1 might be the release of prime 4 which will be switch 1's last big game and maybe princess peach.

What do you think?
Early 2024 (Januray - April )
Mid 2024 (May-September)
Late 2024 (October -December)

Put it in the op
Thanks, just casted my vote.

I'm hoping for September 2024. Early 2024 seems out of the question. Releasing during summer doesn't seem like a good strategy, so that brings us to September, I'm sticking with September.

But realistically, I know Nintendo's probably going to show I casted the wrong vote and release it in November instead. Holiday season timing.

Last edited:
My bet is mid 2024, and that is my guess based on the recent article that claimed that Nintendo wants to release the Switch 2 earlier than late 2024 if they are able to, so mid 2024 seems to be the internal Nintendo target for Switch 2.

My guess is either an earlier launch in mid 2024 alongside Metroid Prime 4, or an October/November launch alongside 3D Mario. New Pokemon game in the month that 3D Mario isn't releasing in.

My guess is either an earlier launch in mid 2024 alongside Metroid Prime 4, or an October/November launch alongside 3D Mario. New Pokemon game in the month that 3D Mario isn't releasing in.
Pokemon is getting November, this has been the case since 2014 and isn't likely to change.

As for my bet on which month? September and launches with 3D Mario.

Nintendo Switch 2 will launch on May 3, 2024 alongside SUPER MARIO SANDBOX and Wave Race 24

Fall makes the most sense, but I see the vision for March

Imagine a year where the lineup looks like this (not necissarily in this order/date, and not necissaily exclusive to Drake)

March - 3D Mario/Drake Launch
April - Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
May - Mario Kart 9
June - WindWaker/Twilight Princess HD
July - Thousand Year Door HD
August - Mario Galaxy 2 HD
September - Pokemon Deep Black and Vast White
October - Luigi's Mansion 4
November - Pokemon Legends: Unova
December - Melee HD

September 2024 imo

Legends Arceus released in January 2022. And dont try to deny that it isnt a mainline game, because it is
And yet the Diamond and Pearl remakes and Scarlet and Violet released the Friday before US Thanksgiving of their respective years.

The next Pokemon game is releasing November 22nd, 2024.

September 2024 imo

Legends Arceus released in January 2022. And dont try to deny that it isnt a mainline game, because it is
It absolutely is a main series game. But I think that was an anomaly. I think BDSP were originally planned for September (15th Anniversary) and Arceus for November but both got delayed by two months (probably the maximum possible time Game Freak/TPC would delay by) because BDSP just wouldn't be finished in time (recall it got an extensive day one patch to finish it).

It absolutely is a main series game. But I think that was an anomaly. I think BDSP were originally planned for September (15th Anniversary) and Arceus for November but both got delayed by two months (probably the maximum possible time Game Freak/TPC would delay by) because BDSP just wouldn't be finished in time (recall it got an extensive day one patch to finish it).
Yeah I agree! I think that theory is true as well. That would've been great because it would've came out like a day before my birthday and i love Sinnoh lol, ah well. I think it still shows that TPC is willing to be a bit more flexible than they were in the past when it comes to release dates.

I was gonna say late 2024 but lately I've been leaning towards them releasing it in September and since OP is defining the 9th month of the year as "mid 2024" I guess that's my vote.

It seems like they're targeting later in 2024 than I wish they would. March was such a great time to launch, I don't understand why they would aim for holidays again. I'm still have some hope for H1

A holiday release is the norm, and if you asked this a month or two ago, I would have totally said November. But I now agree that Nintendo may see some value in launching a product ahead of the holiday rush, in order to get the diehard Nintendo fans out of the way before the general public starts their holiday shopping. So I think July-September is the play if they aren't going for the holidays.

Announcement-to-release all happening in H1 seems wild, but it depends on how they want to handle the February Direct. Doing two Switch NG focused events before it releases doesn't seem feasible: if February is all about the Switch NG, then they kinda have to drop the system before their June Direct, or else they're just taunting people with a large slew of games they still can't play two presentations in a row.

It seems like they're targeting later in 2024 than I wish they would. March was such a great time to launch, I don't understand why they would aim for holidays again. I'm still have some hope for H1
No the article that leaked Gamescom stuff claims that Nintendo wants to release Switch 2 earlier than late 2024, which points more to mid 2024 to me.

Place your bets here and see if you were right in the future, also see if you can get the exact release date right as well

My prediction November 8 2024

I just think Holiday 2024 is the perfect time to launch also they might want to make the next Mario 3d game as a launch title. Also I feel like h1 might be the release of prime 4 which will be switch 1's last big game and maybe princess peach.

What do you think?
Early 2024 (Januray - April )
Mid 2024 (May-September)
Late 2024 (October -December)
you know OP when you make betting threads you need to give punishments to the people who get the bet wrong

I think it will be September at the earliest. So late 2024

EDIT: Wait OP listed September as mid? I call shenanigans

Bring back August or September launches.

Moving to November always sucked. The weather is colder (meaning lining up sucks) and you have to deal with throngs of Christmas shoppers too, you get generally one good sized shipment which asshole scalpers try to scoop up and then you're stuck usually waiting until after New Year for any more significant stock. September was always way better. So many good memories of the SNES, Playstation, N64, Dreamcast launches around that time. Even GameCube, I imported the Japanese version so I had it in September.

24th may 2024

Always been team H1, I want to believe.

Also this give them 6 month of “launch window”:

May: Mario 3D + a party game
June: Smash ultimate deluxe
September: Metroid Prime 4
October: Zelda WW+TP
November: Pokemon Legends Celebi (cross Gen)

Not really that odd, Sony released TLOU2 months before the PS5

Nintendo has a known suite of IPs, and quite a few of them are tapped out at least for a few years. 3D Zelda is the biggest one for me, but we also now have Splatoon, 2D Mario, and possibly even Fire Emblem with the way folks are talking about 4 Remake being ready to drop. If we add Metroid Prime to the list just what does Nintendo have for years 1-2 on a new system?

I suspect BC patches will play a part in the transition, but I also think it’s no longer making sense to drop major releases ahead of the launch.

If we add Metroid Prime to the list just what does Nintendo have for years 1-2 on a new system?
3D Mario, 2D Metroid, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, DKC, Smash, Pokemon, probably other stuff I'm forgetting

Late 2024 for sure. We're seeing this thing soon too.

I'm holding firm on November or December 2024. October also seems like it could be a possibility. Of course if I'm proven wrong and it releases earlier I wouldn't exactly be upset about it.

I'm going with mid-2024. Gives them time to show it off and get the Nintendo fans buying before the big holiday rush, but not such a big gap the consoles just sit in limbo before then.

Considering everything we've heard so far...

I'm banking on May 2024, seems like its a good time to get those summer-time sales without having to ski with the holiday avalanche.

If the stars align perfectly amongst the stars, THE ABSOLUTE EARLIEST I could see it happening is February 2024. If the magic is with us and it somehow gets announced at the end of this month or October like the Switch 1.

Back
Top Bottom