• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Piczle Cross: Story of Seasons announced for Nintendo Switch and PC, coming February 27th (out now!)

reviews + developer interview
  • touch arcade has an interview with the founder of the studio behind the piczle games (i was surprised to find out they're actually located in tokyo)

a few reviews for the game are out as well

LadiesGamers.com (two thumbs up):
    There are two conditions for someone to enjoy Piczle Cross: Story of Seasons. First, you have to like nonogram puzzles. Second, it helps if you are a fan of Story of Seasons.If these conditions apply to you, as they do for me, you can’t get a better nonogram puzzle experience than in Piczle Cross: Story of Seasons.

Nintendo Life (8/10):
    Piczle Cross: Story of Seasons may not be the greatest nonogram puzzler available on the Switch, but this is certainly another worthwhile and enjoyable entry in the genre-especially for fans who also love a good farm sim. This is ultimately little more than a nonogram puzzle pack themed after Story of Seasons, but really it doesn't need to be anything else, even if it would be interesting to see how farm sim gameplay elements could be more directly integrated into the gameplay. As long as you're not too bothered by a game experience that feels a little less polished than the Picross series, Piczle Cross: Story of Seasons is an easy recommendation to any puzzle enthusiasts out there.

WayTooManyGames (7.5/10):
    The Story of Seasons branding just adds charm and some (unnecessary) crossover appeal to the collection of puzzles featured in Piczle Cross: Story of Seasons, as there aren’t many innovations in terms of gameplay. I am not going to complain about yet another collection of entertaining and thought-provoking puzzles which fit perfectly on a portable like the Switch, but I am not sure if this was the best way to celebrate the franchise’s history. Are there that many people who love Picross and farming simulators? Whatever the case, Piczle Cross: Story of Seasons might not be as robust or polished as the titles in the Picross S series, but it’s still a very entertaining collection of brain teasers. If you’re hungry for more Picross, don’t even think twice.

Back
    Top Bottom