• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Petition to rebrand 'Garbage Galaxy' as 'Garbodor Galaxy' — Now featuring a new entry to the GCU every Monday

MissingNo.

🖤🩶🤍💜
Pronouns
he/him
Hear me out: All things Fami are branded with nods to Nintendo in mind. Yet, Garbage Galaxy, formerly known as Koopa Poopa, is not living up to its full potential in terms of references.

Not only could this mistake easily be rectified, but I could then also revisit an idea that has festered in my mind for a while at this point. In an unprecedented, yet to be negotiated collaboration between me, Nintendo, Marvel and the Pokémon Company, I proudly present:

fkj71yQ.jpg

EDIT: This thread will now recieve a new shitty Garbodor poster for media as part of the Garbodor Cinematic Universe (GCU) every Monday until the end of February.

Last edited:
Hear me out: All things Fami are branded with nods to Nintendo in mind. Yet, Garbage Galaxy, formerly known as Koopa Poopa, is not living up to its full potential in terms of references.

Not only could this mistake easily be rectified, but I could then also revisit an idea that has festered in my mind for a while at this point. In an unprecedented, yet to be negotiated collaboration between me, Nintendo, Marvel and the Pokémon Company, I proudly present:

fkj71yQ.jpg
This post was worth it for this garbage poster.

I support a rebrand. when i first joined, i legit thought 'garbage galaxy' threads were overtly negative in nature and avoided them. didn't realize it was an in-joke.

I thought the Galaxy was the reference

I really like the way “Garbage Galaxy” sounds

It's a reference to Super Mario Ga—opens poster — okay, this was worth it.

I support a rebrand. when i first joined, i legit thought 'garbage galaxy' threads were overtly negative in nature and avoided them. didn't realize it was an in-joke.
+1 lol, I expect them to basically be an era thread hot mess of trolling and such and don't usually click into them

It's a reference to Super Mario Ga—opens poster — okay, this was worth it.
my exact reaction

Ngl, this started out as a roundabout outlet to post my shitty Garbodor memes, but it got me to reminisce about the transitional period, planning the new forum on Discord, and the early days of Famiboards.

And now I sound like an old man.

I really like "Garbage Galaxy", but it's a bit confusing at first. I had to ask what it meant and learned it's a general "don't take this thread seriously" flair. I thought it was only for bad/shitposting at first.

I really like "Garbage Galaxy", but it's a bit confusing at first. I had to ask what it meant and learned it's a general "don't take this thread seriously" flair. I thought it was only for bad/shitposting at first.
I guess it can be confusing if you were not involved in or followed the discussion that led to the introduction of the tag. It was meant to signify light-hearted topics that should not be taken seriously. Silly shower thoughts, if you will.

Even though I do like the tag, I don't want to be the judge of if it conveys the initial intent well enough. It is a bit of an in-joke.

I have another four (4) shitty Garbodor posters lined up and plan on posting them every Monday throughout the rest of the month. Nobody asked for this, but I am going to do it anyway.

Ngl, this started out as a roundabout outlet to post my shitty Garbodor memes, but it got me to reminisce about the transitional period, planning the new forum on Discord, and the early days of Famiboards.

And now I sound like an old man.
That was only four months ago lol

That was only four months ago lol
Only four months, yes. But four months in — gestures wildly around himself — this world we have been living in over the last two years feels like half a lifetime.

Well, the weekend has flown by and given way to a Monday. Nobody likes Mondays. To compensate, have another shitty Garbodor poster.

Ptl7PP2.jpg

Nominated for a prestigious Garbo d'Or at the 2022 Cannes Film Festival.
On that day, mankind received a grim reminder.

To throw the dang trash in the proper places.

Update
I have decided to cease my shitposting campaign.

Believe me when I say that I had all the memey, shitty Garbodor posters ready to go when I first created this thread. But ever since, the world has changed. And not for the better. And as a result, I no longer feel comfortable posting stupid memes.

Let me elaborate. The current state of affairs in Ukraine has prompted my decision. There are lives at stake. Europe is on the brink of war. Hell, this already is the biggest crisis Europe has faced in my living memory. If you want to blame anyone for the lack of the last installment of my shitty meme thread, blame Putin.

I even had an all new thread lined up for March. I have an all new set of thematically appropriate memes at the ready, and I was looking forward to sharing them. But I do not feel comfortable shitposting while Ukraine is literally on fire. So I am not going to post that thread, either.

This was intended as a dumb, lighthearted outlet to share my shitty memes and make Fami's Mondays a bit less miserable, because no living soul likes Mondays. But it does not seem appropriate for me to keep going down that road right now.

MissingNo. signing off.

Back
Top Bottom