• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Per Jeff Sneider, Universal and Nintendo coming close to finalizing a deal for a Legend of Zelda film (UPDATE: Illumination denies rumor)

I smell stinky horse. Universal is definitely teaming up with Nintendo for a Zelda film eventually.
Yeah, I think it’s more an attempt to retain control of the narrative and dictate the terms of reveal than a genuine denial.

Hopefully this isn't actually happening. I'd much rather a Zelda anime than anything else.
I've actually thought about it in the past, I want a Netflix anime with each season being based on one of the 3D games. Starting with OOT and ending with maybe Skyward Sword or Botw. I think those games have stories that could be expanded and work really well in series form.

I think an illumination Zelda movie would be pretty 🤮

I just don't believe the denial by Illuminiation.

It has to be happening.

hope it's live action, with an actual director with a vision!

Illumination is a terrible fit, and for every Puss in Boots 2, Dreamworks has like 3 movies that suck

I have a feeling that if Illumination were to create a succeeding Nintendo-based film, it would be a follow-up to The Super Mario Bros. Movie instead of Zelda, so I believe he's got a point there. The question is on who would do a Zelda film... I don't think Illumination is ruled out, so I guess Dreamworks would be better? I wonder if the approach they did for How to Train Your Dragon to make it wonderful would work for Zelda.

Thank you for reading.

I really don’t care who animates it, just who writes and directs it.

Back
Top Bottom