• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Reviews Pepper Grinder - review thread Switch, PC

beej

Tektite
Metacritic 81 -switch 79 PC
Opencritic 78

Nintendo Life 9/10

Pepper Grinder is a wonderfully inventive and fun platformer that no fan of the genre will want to miss out on. It may have a runtime that feels a little too short, but this is ultimately a deeply enjoyable, challenging, and highly replayable game with lots of personality. If you think you’d be interested, we’d suggest you pick up Pepper Grinder at the next opportunity (and there's a even downloadable demo if you're on the fence).

IGN 7/10

Press start 8/10

Pepper Grinder is a rollicking platformer that combines some classic level design with revitalised traversal mechanics akin to Ecco the Dolphin's nose-first ocean-cruising, except on this occasion the nose is a big, bad-ass drill that makes short work of terra and pirate terrors alike.

TechRaptor 8/10

Pepper Grinder is a condensed experience but offers thrilling and unique levels. The drill is the star of the show and feels great to use as a tool.

Opencritic 78

reading the reviews seems the overall impressions of the game is that its a lot of fun and creative but a bit short

good reviews (currently at 79)

Seems like a short but sweet/replayable game, and it's on the cheaper side than I expected too. I really liked the demo so I'm probably picking this up.

A short runtime is maybe the best advertisement a publisher could ask for.

Decent reviews. Definitely gonna wait for a sale, but that’s not an indictment. The demo was fun. I just don’t have the time to play it right now.

The demo was fun enough. If I ever finish SMT V I want to catch up on the short interesting platformers I missed over the last few months, this might make the cut (for $15 especially). That said I feel like they really failed to sell the sensation of drilling. The sound effects and rumble seemed very weak and unflattering, I got a better sensation of drilling from Drill Dozer and its cheapo GBA rumble pak.

Just beat it. A lot shorter than I thought it would be... It could have used a couple more worlds. A lot of fun though. Sometimes all you need is a good old 2D platformer with an awesome OST and you're set.

Just beat it. A lot shorter than I thought it would be... It could have used a couple more worlds. A lot of fun though. Sometimes all you need is a good old 2D platformer with an awesome OST and you're set.
That short, huh? Is there any replayability? Par times, collectibles, that sort of stuff?

About what I expected, high 7 low 8.

Track with the demo. Just now not in the mood for it, but I can alread see me jumping in in a couple of weeks when I have less stress.

For those that are not Shure, just give the demo a spin.

That short, huh? Is there any replayability? Par times, collectibles, that sort of stuff?
There's a time attack mode for each stage. And coins are used to purchase (in-game) stickers for a sticker book.

I played the demo last night and had a pretty good time. It seems like there's a pretty decent learning curve to the movement that once you've conquered could feel really satisfying. I can also see why it's short though because it only seems like there is so much room to explore that idea.

Not sure if it's good enough to check out until it's on sale for me, at least, since I'm wrist deep in like seven other games already.

Yeah, there are collectables and time attacks as others have mentioned. It's more that the game just left me wanting more. I get that's not necessarily a bad thing, but it just felt like there was so much more they could have done with the levels and mechanics, like the game didn't fully explore all of it's ideas. Hopefully there will be a sequel.

Woman too angry to die takes out her stolen treasure frustrations on the local population using nothing but a power tool.

I just read this review on Steam and made me giggle and wanted to share, lol.

Back
Top Bottom