• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

Discussion Peeps that are 28 and up , how late are you willing to go if a friend invites you to hang out?

Baphomet

Cappy
A friend of mine invited me out to drink at his place at 9pm and I had to decline (I don't drink and it was 9pm , thats way to late for me to go out, feels like a waste of time to go out so late). The latest I would go out to hang is 2pm now , I like to take advantage of the day and stay out for hours with friends.When I do hang out , I normally hang with from 8-9am onwards.

The latest I’d leave the house at this point is probably 7 pm, but I’d definitely be home for midnight and in bed by 1.

What friends?

I am not big on spontaneous hangs so if the clock strikes 6 and I’m at home, I’m probably staying there.

I'm very much a stickler for having the same nighttime routine, so as long as I'm home by 10PM, you have my attention.

I’m in my 40s. Very unlikely for me to hang with someone on just a few hours or zero notice at all. I don’t really do spontaneous drinking or hanging out the way I used to when I’d see if any of my mates were around 20 years ago. These days I need at least a few days notice, probably more. I’ve got a young family, pets that need feeding and a morning routine involving school runs and commuting. If an old pal rang me up at 9pm to ask if I wanted to go drinking I’d just assume that their actual plans for the evening had fallen through and I was a distinct last-ditch choice to come and meet them in the pub! I mean, my wife and I tend to compare calendars to see who can head out in the evening with pals as one of us needs to look after our kid, our calendar is always full of family stuff and clubs and after school pickups and work shifts, and I give her a lot more courtesy than random old friends wanting a drinking buddy, late in the evening on zero notice.

Otherwise, given plenty of notice, If I was going out for the evening, I usually head out around 7 and get back around 11. Most pubs have kicked out and restaurants closed by then anyway.

Last edited:
I'm Dutch. We plan like three weeks in advance, whipping out our calenards and agenda's and everything so time is always being negotiated 😂

That said, no matter it's weekdays or weekends, I want to be home before 0:00.

Most of my friends have had or are having children so this isn't a going concern anymore.

I think 7 PM would be my limit. I'm fine for later if we are planning in advance, but for a spontaneous invite out it's got a high bar to clear past 7 PM lol.

Depends on the friend and the activity. I’ll stay out into the early AM if we’re having fun, but otherwise I like to be home by midnight.

Depends on what time I have to get up the next day, but I'm usually not going to bed before 1AM anyway, so I'm willing to stay rather late. However, I won't typically go out if I haven't already left by 9PM at the latest. I tend to stay until around midnight nowadays, but I'm not totally averse to staying longer as long as I'm having fun, am not tired yet, and am not on a schedule the next morning.

I'm not even 28 and I want to be at home by 9, 10 at the latest, so I'd say the latest I'd go out to meet someone is 8. 9 would be really pushing it.

Depends on the day and the friends. I regularly go to a friend's house for D&D, which can sometimes run to 11:30pm, with me getting home just after midnight or so. But that's always on Fridays so I don't work the next day.

Back in October a few friends of mine (who are in the 27-28 age range themselves, I'm 37) asked me to take them to a bar around 9pm on a Saturday, and since they're good friends of mine I did sure. Ended up being out until about 1:15am. I didn't mind this at all, in fact I had a great time. But it's not something I could do every week.

Depends on what you are going to do. I would not go out that late just to get drunk in a random week. Though for a special occasion or when being in Holidays this wouldn‘t be the deciding factor. Also I was in the cinema last weekend for Die Hard which started at 9pm. But I‘m only getting 28 in two weeks, maybe that was my last time to go out that late.

Depends on work hours. I don't have friend within 50 mins travel though.

If I did, Id really prefer to be home before 10pm, if working from home or on the weekend.

Before 8:40pm or so if I have to travel to the city. Which is lame, because I often get home after 7-7:30 on those days anyway.

I sleep every night. Skipping sleep for one night to be with friends is not a big deal if we're having fun.

At the tender age of 32, I'd willingly get ready to go out if I had to leave my place latest 10-10:30. I've always been a night owl. I'll make my bad decisions but as long as I can get 8ish hours of sleep and I don't have to get up for a specific time the following morning, I'll stay out until 2am before making my way home.

Depends. If they’re in the suburbs, I’m not getting in my car unless there’s a couple hours of daylight.

If they’re in the city and I can get there easily by walking or public transit, around 7:00 PM is the latest I’ll leave the house, preferably earlier though. My sleep schedule is straight trash so they’ll probably call it a night before I do so 7:00 PM would allow for enough time for a decent hang out.

If i'm not in bed i guess there isn't really an hour, but if i am already in bed i ain't going out no matter what, that's just tempting faith.

I was already an introvert before I hit 28. You gotta give me an advance notice for at least three days, because I’m very busy uhhh watching anime and writing silly things and stuff.

(I also don’t like drinking alcohol anyway. Invite me to a board game cafe or something instead lol)

Provided I’m interested in the activity (I don’t drink alcohol), I’m a night owl so I can easily hang until 4:00 or 5:00 AM if I have no commitments the next day since I regularly go to bed around 6:00 AM. Most of my friends are early birds so physically going out of the house or having an activity run that late virtually doesn’t happen, but I’d be up for it lol. My one night owl friend can call me as late as 2:00 AM, but that late we’d probably just play games online rather than go anywhere or meet up.

If I did have commitments the next day, I’d probably want to be home an hour before I plan to go to bed that night. Despite my sleep schedule shifting around as needed or to what I most gravitate toward, I generally try to make sure I always get eight hours of sleep.

I'm 50 but pretty much no limits at the weekend and during the week, want to be in bed by 01:00.
What's happened to all you youngsters!?

While I prefer to lie down in bed by 10pm, when I'm having important conversations with friends we'll often go to 1-2am.

7-8pm on a weekday is probably a good rule of thumb, enough time to hang out for a few hours and get home by a respectable time.

Depends on what we're doing, have had days where we decided spontaneously to just crash over at the other place since we're having fun. Don't see why I would limit myself with certain times if we're able to do so. Though admittedly, non of my friends have children (yet) and I'm in no rush in getting a small one of my own either.

I hang out from 7 pm to 11 pm, but it's definitely a thing I want to change and expand my social circle. I didn't expect the responses in this thread, to be honest, haha (I'm 27 though)

Back
Top Bottom