• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Outer Wilds: Archaeologist Edition is coming to Nintendo Switch on December 7th (UPDATE: patch 4 out now, see threadmarks)

I just started playing Outer Wilds on Switch, and I really like that game! However, I've already had three crashes where the game just stopped responding in only two days.

I have the latest update, and play in handheld mode. Do I just have to live with these crashes? Or does anyone have experiences/ideas how to avoid them?

Last edited:
I just started playing Outer Wilds on Switch, and I really like that game! However, I've already had three crashes where the game just stopped responding in only two days.

I have the latest update, and play in handheld mode. Do I just have to live with these crashes? Or does anyone have experiences/ideas how to avoid them?
I only got two crashes in a specific location in my play time. I did get however a weird bug after one of those crashes where the game started running at 10fps. The way I fixed it was to shut off the Switch completely and restarted after five minutes. Not the sleep mode, the proper shut off from the power button.
Try that method.

Back
Top Bottom