• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Outer Wilds: Archaeologist Edition is coming to Nintendo Switch on December 7th (UPDATE: patch 2 out now, see threadmarks)

How about graphically? Does it hold up or does it look like they have had to cut parts significantly?
some good impressions in this "reset era" post and in a couple posts below it: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ou...cember-7th-release-date.785246/post-115957239
sounds like its quite compromised but about as decent as we could reasonably hope for.
considering how long this was cooking, I can't imagine we'll get any sort of additional performance or graphical patch in the future. but seeing the words "very playable" is good enough for me and i'm very very excited to finally play this

Yeah did not expect it today, and forgot that tits still this year. This, MP4 and Silksong are the only announced switch games left that im actively aware of and interested.

Given that silksong and MP4 are MIA.. ill have to get a lot of milage out of this game.

played about an hour last night. the port is good! definitely a bit framey at times, and I haven't been to most of the planets yet so I imagine some are worse (and from what it sounds like, significant portions of the DLC are much worse) but it is surprisingly stable near 30fps once you've landed in an area. also pretty impressed with the resolution, though I don't know what I'm talking about enough to guess a number—seems at least higher than 720p? should mention I've only played docked. and the switch's fan is going at full blast pretty much the whole time lol which isn't surprising

anyway the game itself rocks of course. I find pretty much all of it scary as hell though lol—I don't do great with first person games in general and this one plays heavily into my thalassophobia—in space, in big dark caverns, and most intensely near the surprisingly prevalent deep bodies of water. a core gaming memory for me is getting to the wrecked ship in Metroid Prime early, without the gravity suit, and accidentally falling in that big vertical chamber very slowly, seeing the tentacle creatures at the bottom and feeling genuine panic—horrible! the last game I played that triggered those feelings was Mysteries Under Lake Ophelia, which I loved but barely got through. we'll see how I fare with the rest of this or if I'll eventually have to drop it... because I haven't even been to Dark Bramble yet!

I don't know what to do in this game lol
I continue to die for whatever reasons
Look at your onboard computer- it keeps a record of every line of inquiry you should continue to inspect.

If you don’t know what’s happening at any given location, explore until you find out what’s happening.

Game is great. And it works fine. It has drops but it doesn't affect gameplay. And somehow I can understand those better with a game like this. There's alot going on.

I don't know what to do in this game lol
I continue to die for whatever reasons
Yeah...

I'm also just aimlessly exploring. And in bay BotW that was fine, because the gameplay feels good and I'm mostly interacting.

Here the controls feel horrible (I get it, space, momentum, physics), but it actively inhibits me exploring trying for 3-5 minutes to land again and having to kill myself to reset the cycle.

And other then that for now the gameplay seems to be : read a lot.

The controls got better for me with some practise. At the end, I was navigating that ship with a lot of precision.

Yes, it feels aimless at the beginning. It's a bit of the point, because you are a space explorer. I tried to visit each planet once in the beginning of the game. Everywhere I figured a few things out (mainly by reading, yes) and the ship log filled up with small notes, where I could go off from later.

I hope people stick with it, because it felt so very rewarding to me. I started planning specific tasks for every session and it became the opposite of aimless.

Yeah...

I'm also just aimlessly exploring. And in bay BotW that was fine, because the gameplay feels good and I'm mostly interacting.

Here the controls feel horrible (I get it, space, momentum, physics), but it actively inhibits me exploring trying for 3-5 minutes to land again and having to kill myself to reset the cycle.

And other then that for now the gameplay seems to be : read a lot.

You will get better. It was hard at first, but soon it was pretty easy and the controls feel fine.

I'm around 13 hours in it and I'm slowly unraveling the mystery. I actually had to make a post in the subreddit because howlongtobeat.com has the game at 17 hours for completion and I'm getting worried that I'm too stupid for it. Like I still feel like I'm in the middle of the game.

Switch port is bad to be honest, bad framerate and poor textures, but after playing the game I get why. There's a whole solar system (miniature but still) with various effects and no loading screens at all. It's pretty impressive that Switch can run it in the first place.

The game is the ultimate figure-it-for-yourself so don't expect any directions.

Yeah it's not like the controls of the systems don't make sense (momentum, multiple thrusters), but coming here for exploration (that was what people mostly sold the game on, nobody talked about the level of complexity in the movement, or that a lot of exploration is conversation trees (which I really hate) or tedious translating of "logs" that are worded like conversations.

I will stick to it (probably around Christmas) but it is NOT satisfactory for short sessions, at least currently.

I also find. It often hard properly see in darker parts, either because the sun is on the other side (makes sense) or cause the lamp has a really weak light for SPACE exploration... The really soft switch port does it's part.

I'll move to docked for future sessions.

I'm loving it. Definitely as great as advertised.

From a visual standpoint it's obviously held back by the console, but the gameplay has me completely hooked, so I couldn't care less. Can't wait to get back to it later today and try to unravel some of the remaining mysteries.

I'm loving it. Definitely as great as advertised.

From a visual standpoint it's obviously held back by the console, but the gameplay has me completely hooked, so I couldn't care less. Can't wait to get back to it later today and try to unravel some of the remaining mysteries.

for me on the contrary, it isn't clicking
I'm on the Deep whatever "first planet" and I don't get how to avoid continue dying with all those waves/gravity/rotating movements all around lol
I've found a couple of caves/houses/hints that's all

The game finally clicked with me but it took several hours, and without the praises from here and other forums I think I would have lost interest...
I really don't like the controls, some "platforming" sections are awful, ship and space controls are a nightmare, this damn Black hole AGAIN ?!? 🤣
in the end you finally get hooked, so, don't give up I guess

I really don't like the controls, some "platforming" sections are awful, ship and space controls are a nightmare, this damn Black hole AGAIN ?!? 🤣
I'm never really sure if the controls suck or if I'm a terrible pilot who is completely unable to land without damaging at least a couple of ship parts.

Use auto-pilot and the landing camera.

I use them. I still suck though.
But sometimes I manage to land safely and it's quite satisfying.
It's not really an issue, as most of the time I just die on the planet and never take off within the same loop.

played quite a bit this weekend and think i'm around halfway through at this point, I really love it. i'm slightly disappointed that the storytelling and "archaeology" aspects generally rely very heavily on text rather than environmental details, and there's relatively little actual puzzle solving (mostly just learning a traversal secret that someone else discovered and then executing it, with some exceptions), but I'm seriously engrossed regardless.
some mystery games become less interesting as the details become clear but so far everything in this game is pointing in increasingly intriguing directions. and the real-time simulation aspects and highly original sci-fi planet concepts are endlessly cool. can't wait to play more.

Just started this (Went Xbox rather than Switch) and it’s got a great vibe but yeah, not a fan of controlling it so far. I will stick with it though as I’m keen to see more.

Me: I think I'm about done. There's only one thing that's left for me to do, it seems. That's sad.

Also me after googling about the included DLC: Holy shit. How did I miss that?

I guess there's a lot more exploring and dying in ridiculous ways to be done. Let's go!

Managed to get another 2 unfruitful sessions in Sunday evening
played quite a bit this weekend and think i'm around halfway through at this point, I really love it. i'm slightly disappointed that the storytelling and "archaeology" aspects generally rely very heavily on text rather than environmental details, and there's relatively little actual puzzle solving (mostly just learning a traversal secret that someone else discovered and then executing it, with some exceptions), but I'm seriously engrossed regardless.
Yeah, it more then a little disappointed in that, I'm not a fan of visual novels or walking Sims and the mystery/exploration aspect feels like that, in the :I'd rather watch a series or read a book about this story" sense.
I expected puzzling and environmental storytelling.
At least for now it feels a fraction as unique and great as people sold it to me. I hope it still klicks with...
some mystery games become less interesting as the details become clear but so far everything in this game is pointing in increasingly intriguing directions. and the real-time simulation aspects and highly original sci-fi planet concepts are endlessly cool. can't wait to play more.
I'm still really curious, and I will try a handful more times before I move on to guides. It's kinda frustrating, second game in 3 months praised by mystery and story to then be behind gameplay I can't get behind (here the generic and slightly manky FPS movement by foot combined with well made but by me underappreciated ship controls, with 13 sentinels it's the brain-dead gameplay.... You don't have to think, it could just as well have been an animated series that only progresses with you playing with a fidget toy).

I also currently don't feel it's technically that impressive... It's conceptually interesting (small galaxy), but this galaxy contains way less in regards to scale as BotW. Maybe there is way more later.

(I know that it's an indie game and all power to them for managing this! It's just...it's great for a indie game, but not that "it shouldn't be able to run on switch" impressive.
I'm never really sure if the controls suck or if I'm a terrible pilot who is completely unable to land without damaging at least a couple of ship parts.
I would say the controls are fine and actually good gamified ship controling and landing simulation.
Me personally I really did not expect it and it's not what I like, slow methodic positioning.

Managed to get another 2 unfruitful sessions in Sunday evening

Yeah, it more then a little disappointed in that, I'm not a fan of visual novels or walking Sims and the mystery/exploration aspect feels like that, in the :I'd rather watch a series or read a book about this story" sense.
At least for now it feels a fraction as unique and great as people sold it to me. I hope it still klicks with...

I'm still really curious, and I will try a handful more times before I move on to guides. It's kinda frustrating, second game in 3 months praised by mystery and story to then be behind gameplay I can't get behind (here the generic and slightly manky FPS movement by foot combined with well made but by me underappreciated ship controls, with 13 sentinels it's the brain-dead gameplay.... You don't have to think, it could just as well have been an animated series that only progresses with you playing with a fidget toy).

I also currently don't feel it's technically that impressive... It's conceptually interesting (small galaxy), but this galaxy contains way less in regards to scale as BotW. Maybe there is way more later.

(I know that it's an indie game and all power to them for managing this! It's just...it's great for a indie game, but not that "it shouldn't be able to run on switch" impressive.

I would say the controls are fine and actually good gamified ship controling and landing simulation.
Me personally I really did not expect it and it's not what I like, slow methodic positioning.

When you start finding the strands and have the knowledge to follow those, with the actual (knowledge based) puzzles and walls you've been thinking about for hours but then suddenly it snaps, that's where the magic happens.
I'd say at this point you might be overwhelmed by the amount of surface-level info/knowledge you have without knowing how it all connects and why it connects.

This is one of the games where I'd really advise to never use a guide but I'm not for gatekeeping experiences. Just look in more places. There's also no need to complete a loop if a loop is unfruitful, just kill yourself by going out in space without a suit or something, or sling yourself into the surface of a planet

When you start finding the strands and have the knowledge to follow those, with the actual (knowledge based) puzzles and walls you've been thinking about for hours but then suddenly it snaps, that's where the magic happens.
I hope so...
I'd say at this point you might be overwhelmed by the amount of surface-level info/knowledge you have without knowing how it all connects and why it connects.
Yeah, and a lot of it just feels rather boring currently.

This is one of the games where I'd really advise to never use a guide but I'm not for gatekeeping experiences. Just look in more places.
Usually I'm the same, but at the same time I just don't have that much time currently (and don't see it changing that fast), meaning playing gameplay that's unsatisfying without progressing is literary wasted time to me, while games like BotW, HK, tunic had controls and moment to moment gameplay that felt satisfying enough that even not progressing much, just collecting stuff or slashing some enemies felt as if I did something. Nor does the game look impressive enough for the visuals to mitigate it.

I will try to progress without, but if I'm between dropping it or looking up a hint guide, it's the later I will do to speed up the "grading" part.

While I appreciate that I don't have to put in a launch code every run, I'm missing an map, something to mark stuff, the knowledge currently is collected automatically.
And the "home" planet being so tiny with so few people makes it feel weirdly small, even if we are traversing a galaxy. The map in the ship and the weird round map in the HUD are not helpful to plan a trip, and so it to often feels a little ... Aimless.

There's also no need to complete a loop if a loop is unfruitful, just kill yourself by going out in space without a suit or something, or sling yourself into the surface of a planet
Yeah, I would appreciate an Menü Option for that, since it sometimes still takes me minutes. Zelda: MM had that, play the song.

Edit:
I'm aware that I come of as contrarian/extremely negative in context to the praise this game gets.

The praise was almost exclusively "go in 100% blind" and comparisons to Zelda exploration and some to tunic and I have read somewhere the witness.
It's nothing linke any of those. So fans did by trying to help people unspoiled really misrepresented it's actual gameplay (at least for a big part of the game).
But I still feel like there has to be a great thing underneath, which is why I'm trying to stick with it.
And I really hope that when it clicks it makes it worth it.

Last edited:
Are you playing the Switch version? I've been looking up comparisons between that version and other consoles and I really can't see much of a difference graphically? Am I going mad?

I have it on Xbox which is the version I have just started but I think i'd enjoy this more in handheld with headphones plugged in.

Are you playing the Switch version? I've been looking up comparisons between that version and other consoles and I really can't see much of a difference graphically? Am I going mad?

I have it on Xbox which is the version I have just started but I think i'd enjoy this more in handheld with headphones plugged in.
Yeah, switch.
I don't think it looks that different (I don't think it looks good or impressive in any version, but there the art style plays into it for me)
But the softer (and smaller) image still makes it harder to parse information in darker areas. Which is fine in a more grounded (haha) game, but when gravity, change in jump hight, momentum, orientation etc come to play, then yeah, I feel there is an impact.

Yeah, I would appreciate an Menü Option for that, since it sometimes still takes me minutes. Zelda: MM had that, play the song.

there is, if you wanna know: gabbro on Giant's Deep can teach you how to meditate

I knew this wouldn't click with everyone. Seen it several times at other places and with some friends.
Nevertheless it is a game that I still would recommend to anyone anyway, because as I already said earlier, if it clicks with you, it will be an unforgetable experience. Worth the risk, imo.

For me even the music and atmosphere out there on a planet when a loop ends was already so magical. All the phenomena on each planet made me instantly curious to know more as well.

I get the criticism of Aether, I think it is fair (it is a bit of a walking simulator, movement is serviceable but not great, puzzles are more about gaining knowledge and combine that than the typical Zelda puzzle).
But I can't really relate with some of the mentioned things.
I never needed a map (besides the star map). The places are rather small and I think they offer enough unique landmarks to orientate yourself easily after a couple of visits.
For me the ruins and other remains had plenty of environmental storytelling as well. Some of the best, honestly. But different people might search for different things here.

@ Aether: Before dropping it, you might consider looking up how to start the DLC and try that out. The vibe is rather different and it is a bit more self-contained.
It has some more classic puzzles.
But you still collect information and it is not too straight forward either..

I knew this wouldn't click with everyone. Seen it several times at other places and with some friends.
Nevertheless it is a game that I still would recommend to anyone anyway, because as I already said earlier, if it clicks with you, it will be an unforgetable experience. Worth the risk, imo.
Fair, just going by reception I think you're right
For me even the music and atmosphere out there on a planet when a loop ends was already so magical. All the phenomena on each planet made me instantly curious to know more as well.
At least till now I'm not impressed, and the ost is not getting to me. I'm hoping for the longer session in docked next week or after Christmas.

I get the criticism of Aether, I think it is fair (it is a bit of a walking simulator, movement is serviceable but not great, puzzles are more about gaining knowledge and combine that than the typical Zelda puzzle).
And I'm not against gaining knowledge instead of Zelda type puzled. I'm still keep from spoilers in that regard, but if it's stuff like "read those 4 logs to know in which order to alling those 3 rings, then in my book that's not a puzzle, that's a key fetch quest where the keys are the logs.
So I hope it's not that.
But I can't really relate with some of the mentioned things.
I never needed a map (besides the star map). The places are rather small and I think they offer enough unique landmarks to orientate yourself easily after a couple of visits.
Here maybe for context: I always found the FP perspective to be the most unintuitive. I'm lacking the spatial awareness, have in all games a narrower FoV then in real life, audio solutions rarely are accurate (well, it's hard to have general spatial audio profiles), and I'm lacking a sense of touch or balance. Third person cameras mitigate the lack of most of that by giving you visually more context/awareness then you could have with your vision, compensating for that limitation.

I tolerate it for great games (portal, Stanley Parabel, Metroid Prime, what remains of Edith finch) and even in some more action oriented games (doom2016, C's 1.6 back then). But more often then not I'm struggling with orientation in that perspective (unlike stuff like Zelda or tunic or hollow knight where I heard others levy that criticism)

But the addition of gravity spots (not always having up and down fixed) and not moving along a plane but a sphere makes it harder. The low resolution with shifting sunlight and a lot of dark ads to that.

I feel like it's one of those where visuals are not just graphics and on pc with proper resolution on a bigger screen with mouse controls the game plays probably leagues better.
For me the ruins and other remains had plenty of environmental storytelling as well. Some of the best, honestly. But different people might search for different things here.
I'll refrain from commenting before being further, for now the stuff I"be seen seemed rather basic with most of the storytelling being text on a wall.
@ Aether: Before dropping it, you might consider looking up how to start the DLC and try that out. The vibe is rather different and it is a bit more self-contained.
It has some more classic puzzles.
But you still collect information and it is not too straight forward either..
Yeah... Bought it without the dlc during the 20% release promotion thinking if I liked it that much I'm fine with paying them full price for dlc. ^^" (yeah , there's a dlc less bundle in the eshop)

Here maybe for context: I always found the FP perspective to be the most unintuitive. I'm lacking the spatial awareness, have in all games a narrower FoV then in real life, audio solutions rarely are accurate (well, it's hard to have general spatial audio profiles), and I'm lacking a sense of touch or balance. Third person cameras mitigate the lack of most of that by giving you visually more context/awareness then you could have with your vision, compensating for that limitation.

I tolerate it for great games (portal, Stanley Parabel, Metroid Prime, what remains of Edith finch) and even in some more action oriented games (doom2016, C's 1.6 back then). But more often then not I'm struggling with orientation in that perspective (unlike stuff like Zelda or tunic or hollow knight where I heard others levy that criticism)

But the addition of gravity spots (not always having up and down fixed) and not moving along a plane but a sphere makes it harder. The low resolution with shifting sunlight and a lot of dark ads to that.

I feel like it's one of those where visuals are not just graphics and on pc with proper resolution on a bigger screen with mouse controls the game plays probably leagues better.

That is interesting, yeah. I always did much better in first-person because it feels much closer to my real experience in a 3D space.
I also started playing games with first person view very early in my life and these experiences were some of my favorites. In 3rd person I always feel a bit detached.
If the Switch version is blurrier and lacking contrast, I can see that feeling much worse, especially in handheld mode, yes.

Cannot say too much to everything else. We will see if the game comes around for you. Let's hope so.

If you don't have the DLC then I wouldn't not bother buying it, if you end up discontinuing the main game.
It is different, but not that different.
That was more of a last resort suggestion.

That is interesting, yeah. I always did much better in first-person because it feels much closer to my real experience in a 3D space.
I also started playing games with first person view very early in my life and these experiences were some of my favorites. In 3rd person I always feel a bit detached.
That's what I've heart a lot of people say. I'm not sure if it's a cultural thing (first person is definitely preferred in the us with many people growing up with it, but at lesting during the ps360 era it became more global), an environmental thing (what type of navigation does your life need more, navigating in more cramped spaces (public transport, narrower streets, uneven terrain and heights differences-> more "body" awareness for navigation Vs more open wider spaces/ more car dependant -> more focused on central vision). Just some assumptions.

I'm neverthe less not the best in 3d imaging and mapping in my mind, I most of the time try to project it onto a plane in my head.

If the Switch version is blurrier and lacking contrast, I can see that feeling much worse, especially in handheld mode, yes.
Can't say for sure what resolution, but comparing to other trailers it's definitely softer, no clue if resolution or textures, I guess the former.
Contrast: base switch, so average contrast ration.
I could probably adjust it, the game asks you in the beginning to move till the image is barely visible (the usual), I had to move it by 1 step, so maybe I could improve it by playing with that slider somewhat.

Cannot say too much to everything else. We will see if the game comes around for you. Let's hope so.

If you don't have the DLC then I wouldn't not bother buying it, if you end up discontinuing the main game.
It is different, but not that different.
That was more of a last resort suggestion.
Yeah, I hope to.

That's what I've heart a lot of people say. I'm not sure if it's a cultural thing (first person is definitely preferred in the us with many people growing up with it, but at lesting during the ps360 era it became more global), an environmental thing (what type of navigation does your life need more, navigating in more cramped spaces (public transport, narrower streets, uneven terrain and heights differences-> more "body" awareness for navigation Vs more open wider spaces/ more car dependant -> more focused on central vision). Just some assumptions.

I'm neverthe less not the best in 3d imaging and mapping in my mind, I most of the time try to project it onto a plane in my head.

I am European and I like to think I have pretty good orientation skills but it's a mixture of both for me. I orientate myself through visual cues in my vicinity but then I still project it on a plane seen from above.
I need north-centered maps in my games. Rotating maps just mess me up completely. Even the GPS in a car I don't let auto-rotate :)

but at the same time I just don't have that much time currently (and don't see it changing that fast), meaning playing gameplay that's unsatisfying without progressing is literary wasted time to me, while games like BotW, HK, tunic had controls and moment to moment gameplay that felt satisfying enough that even not progressing much, just collecting stuff or slashing some enemies felt as if I did something.
Strike one-

And I'm not against gaining knowledge instead of Zelda type puzled. I'm still keep from spoilers in that regard, but if it's stuff like "read those 4 logs to know in which order to alling those 3 rings, then in my book that's not a puzzle, that's a key fetch quest where the keys are the logs.
Strike two-

Strike three, go play something else with more instant stimulation!

Is it worth getting it with DLC now or buy DLC later?
Couldn't say, I have yet to play the DLC- but I hear it's fantastic and explores a central part of the story.

I'm around 13 hours in it and I'm slowly unraveling the mystery. I actually had to make a post in the subreddit because howlongtobeat.com has the game at 17 hours for completion and I'm getting worried that I'm too stupid for it. Like I still feel like I'm in the middle of the game.

The game is the ultimate figure-it-for-yourself so don't expect any directions.
Don't feel bad at all, it took me around 40 hours with zero guide... Though I did resort to looking up one thing after a few months of "god tell me whyyyyyyyy".

Last edited:
Om not sure if i should read this condescendingly or as an earnest suggestion. Do you mean my takes are wrong, or what is it that you meant?
I mean it earnestly- you are not enjoying the loop, and it's only going to continue to be more obtuse and more reading and more platforming, and it will require a lot of patience. Doesn't sound like what you want to play right now.

I mean it earnestly- you are not enjoying the loop, and it's only going to continue to be more obtuse and more reading and more platforming, and it will require a lot of patience. Doesn't sound like what you want to play right now.
ah okay, fair.

obtuse is less the problem (as kinda directionless and still hook less, feel like this game would have benefited from an initial loop to give you slightly more then the skyrim waking up screen. (kinda like MM had its first cycle).
(As mentioned, HK (to a lesser degree) and Tunic often are mentioned as obtuse, and i would argue finding stuff in hyper light drifters wold can count to)

As mentioned, i will give it another try with a while evening and no distractions, ans see how i fair.
if it does not click by then ill take your advice and leave it for now and come back later, next year.

ah okay, fair.

obtuse is less the problem (as kinda directionless and still hook less, feel like this game would have benefited from an initial loop to give you slightly more then the skyrim waking up screen. (kinda like MM had its first cycle).
(As mentioned, HK (to a lesser degree) and Tunic often are mentioned as obtuse, and i would argue finding stuff in hyper light drifters wold can count to)

As mentioned, i will give it another try with a while evening and no distractions, ans see how i fair.
if it does not click by then ill take your advice and leave it for now and come back later, next year.
Right on! Patience is key- patience is the pillar to create your foundation on in this game. Time is like, a central factor of the entire story and game puzzles.

Perhaps for more tangible hooks, focus on one-to-two smaller mysteries and see if you can discern anything from them- for instance, my first quest I gave myself was "what the hell is going on with that comet / shooting star and what's it all about? Where's it going? Where did it come from? At what time in the cycle is it doing x and y? Can I land on it? I can land on it!" and so on.

Another simple task that reveals more than you might think- simply locate and talk to your fellow cosmonauts- they won't reveal much, but you will learn a lot by the act of exploration itself.

Another simple task that reveals more than you might think- try to find locations and items in the cosmic atmosphere that are not brightly lit.

If you immediately leap into the large planets like the stormy planet or the sandy location, you're jumping straight into the deep end of a mystery that will be giant and dark and mean to those unfamiliar... like space itself! Those locations have a lot going on that is often overwhelming.

I finished it this afternoon. I ended up looking some hints because I couldn't figure out some things. I regret it now, but to be honest two of the places I've stuck were impossible to figure them on my own. Having said that:
Quantum moon was an absolute waste. Super disappointed with what I found there.

Still an amazing game.

I finished it this afternoon. I ended up looking some hints because I couldn't figure out some things. I regret it now, but to be honest two of the places I've stuck were impossible to figure them on my own. Having said that:
Quantum moon was an absolute waste. Super disappointed with what I found there.

Still an amazing game.
Unfortunate to hear that, that was one of my favorite moments

Unfortunate to hear that, that was one of my favorite moments
I think that wasting so much time and great mechanics just to have a lore dump was a shame. I feel that the moon should have been part of the breaking loop sequence. Instead it ended up being a weird sidequest in a game where everything else is a hint on how to end the loop. Or maybe I cared more for the gameplay part of the loop and less about the lore.
The game is still one of a kind experience and everyone should play it.

Btw how's the dlc on switch? I have it, but I keep reading it's too glitchy on switch. Is it at least playable or wait for a patch?

I think that wasting so much time and great mechanics just to have a lore dump was a shame. I feel that the moon should have been part of the breaking loop sequence. Instead it ended up being a weird sidequest in a game where everything else is a hint on how to end the loop. Or maybe I cared more for the gameplay part of the loop and less about the lore.
The game is still one of a kind experience and everyone should play it.
For what it's worth, it does change the ending slightly

for those who have finished the game: is there a way inside the tower of quantum knowledge besides waiting for it to fall through the black hole?
really just looking for a yes or no, not a hint!
a bit of context for the question & progressposting:
it really seems like all the quantum stuff up top has to be related somehow lol—we've found and 'solved' the other quantum areas and I can think of some ways the "teleporting by standing on a quantum rock" and grove poem relate to this area but haven't found a way in. waiting for the tower to fall into the black hole was literally the first thing my partner and I thought of like two hours into the game before we knew anything lol and we just happened to make it work tonight and so we've read seemingly everything in there, it just feels like cheating a bit lol. anyway, I think we know everything that's needed to get to the quantum moon though it seems a bit finicky—but there was a unique music track playing the two times I attempted it so far so I think that must be on the right track. otherwise....we've hit a bit of a wall? still several Big unsolved mysteries despite having just about cleaned out most areas so i'm really hoping landing on the QM opens things up again...psyched to try again tomorrow

Last edited:
for those who have finished the game: is there a way inside the tower of quantum knowledge besides waiting for it to fall through the black hole?
really just looking for a yes or no, not a hint!
a bit of context for the question & progressposting:
it really seems like all the quantum stuff up top has to be related somehow lol—we've found and 'solved' the other quantum areas and I can think of some ways the "teleporting by standing on a quantum rock" and grove poem relate to this area but haven't found a way in. waiting for the tower to fall into the black hole was literally the first thing my partner and I thought of like two hours into the game before we knew anything lol and we just happened to make it work tonight and so we've read seemingly everything in there, it just feels like cheating a bit lol. anyway, I think we know everything that's needed to get to the quantum moon though it seems a bit finicky—but there was a unique music track playing the two times I attempted it so far so I think that must be on the right track. otherwise....we've hit a bit of a wall? still several Big unsolved mysteries despite having just about cleaned out most areas so i'm really hoping landing on the QM opens things up again...psyched to try again tomorrow
The simple answer you’re asking for is
you’re doing it the intended way

Booted this game up. Just finished my first time loop. Spent half the time doing all the little activities on the home planet, then spent the other half chasing a comet. Managed to land on that thing, did some exploring and found a last-words recording where they talk about the comet wanting to freeze their ship. Wait, what? This mystery's off to a good start.

How’s the Switch version? Trying to decide between this and Cocoon.
It's rough, but you get used to it. The more you play the game the more you realise why it took so long to come on Switch. It's a whole star system (a miniature version but still) with no loading screens and some crazy stuff happening in real time on those planets. The frame rate rarely hits 30 fps, but the thing that bothered me the most was the really poor texture quality. I also had 2-3 crashes in a specific location, but nothing game breaking.

However the game is so engrossing that you're getting used to it pretty quick.

Back
Top Bottom