• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Out of all the places you’ve lived , which place do you miss the most?

Baphomet

Cappy
I miss my second apartment in Alaska , my wife and I lived in North Pole in the woods. It was so quiet and peaceful and we could just go outside our place in winter and see the Aurora Borealis above us , always a beautiful experience. I would do anything to live there again but sadly I don't think we'll ever be able to live in Alaska again.

that is a wild place to live, hard to show that up!

i would say i'm lucky to not miss any of my old stomping grounds more than where i currently live. i've lived in florida (born and grew up there), ohio (went to college there), and now NYC. NYC is by far my favorite place i've lived and somewhere i've always wanted to live since i was probably like 6.

i largely hate florida - hate the weather, the politics, the vibes. growing up there definitely didn't help as i feel like most people are blasé about their hometowns, but yeah, i'd never wanna go back lol. unfortunately, my family still lives there so i'm kinda obligated to, though.

i did actually really like ohio. i lived in columbus and went to (the) ohio state university. the city itself has a lot to offer and i think people kinda bash ohio unnecessarily.

I'm happy with our house now, but there was definitely something very cozy about my old condo that I lived in with my wife (then girlfriend) and our first cat. Basically four rooms total, arguably less lol, but it was all we needed at the time.

It was very close to the city center of the small city we lived in as well, so there were a decent amount of walkable restaurants and amenities. Unfortunately we couldn't afford a location like that when we upgraded to a house.

We the people who have always lived in the same place got bamboozled :(
Tell me about it. I've been wanting to leave since I was 5 years old. 😅

Dunno if this technically counts but for a couple years in my 20s I was living out of a hotel in California's central coast for work and I woulda moved there for real if I could've (and still would). All the towns in that area, even inland up into the hills, basically all of western SLO County is sooooo my sort of place. Loved it all my life, miss it every day.

Dunno if this technically counts but for a couple years in my 20s I was living out of a hotel in California's central coast for work and I woulda moved there for real if I could've (and still would). All the towns in that area, even inland up into the hills, basically all of western SLO County is sooooo my sort of place. Loved it all my life, miss it every day.
I have it on good authority regarding hotels in California that you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

What's stopping you? I'm asking this question genuinely.

I live in My Nation's Capital, which is not where I grew up, and it's my favorite place I've ever lived. But I'm often tempted to move to NYC or LA for various reasons, and am kept here because I need to support my family financially, and I don't think my partner-of-a-decade would follow me.

When my wife and I moved to Colorado, we rented out a ~420 sq ft apartment on the main street of the town we settled in. It was a brand new building and we were one of the first tenants, so all of our appliances were completely new and all of the neighboring rooms were empty. It was peak cozy!

What's stopping you? I'm asking this question genuinely.
Well rent and property values are not friendly to newcomers out there, and I'd like to have space to have a shop which means needing a bigger plot, which means even more expensive. My other dream is moving to the Pacific northwest which is gorgeous, far more affordable, has weather that's much more in line with what I'm comfortable with, basically all sorts of pros, just without the nostalgia factor. 😅 And that's what I'm hoping to pull off once my dad's health levels out.

None really. I prefer where i live now more than any other place.

I really like where I live now, but I also liked living in Cleveland, OH. In particular, my job was right on a nice circle with tons of museums, and walking distance to cool spots for lunch. The commute kind of sucked though. We also really loved that zoo. Something about the size and animals was just right for us. We'd go almost every weekend. To the point you could tell the animals were familiar with us. Also some of the best restaurants, and probably my favorite ice cream shop.

The time my university's housing department screwed up and I got a two bedroom apartment to myself for four months.

As for city, I've only ever lived in a specific part of the bay area my whole life. It's fine. Amazing weather. A decent amount of cool shit to do, especially for the kinds of people who are probably on a gaming forum, but not so much that it's overwhelming. Fantastic Mexican and Chinese food. Passable public transit for a major city. Way too expensive and infested with techbros now, the techbros are a sorta recent development but it's always been stupid expensive for most of my lifetime, though it gets worse every 5 years or so.

The place I grew up, a quite touristy village in the alps. The dynamic of that place just works different: there are no (real) cars, you define your live around season and off-season and even if you try you still have a kinda naive/biased view of the world: being confronted with only rich foreigners and having no poverty. When you grow up there, you don‘t know it any different, which has both good and bad sides.

I live in Zürich now and really appreciate to be in a more normal setting, but sometimes I miss to just have clean air, no noises and being able to go skiing or hiking in the mountains whenever I feel like.

I won’t get into details but this thread’s title made me sigh very heavily and stare out of the nearest window in contemplation for a solid 5 minutes

I used to live in Paris and sometimes I miss aspects of life there, it's beauty, culture, food etc. but I don't wish that I lived there instead of here, here is Berne, Switzerland which is a lovely place to live. Small, beautiful city with amazing nature all around and a good climate.

If I won the lottery I'd be on a plane to Japan though, that's for sure.

Only ever lived in New Jersey, with a brief 3-month stint in Staten Island. Which I 100% do not miss.

There's something about my childhood home I miss. we didn't really have anything around us in our neighborhood so we had to basically rely on ourselves. The biggest thing was when a CVS opened down the road; that was literally it. but there was a huge sense of community when we were kids. literally every kid in the neighborhood knew everybody else. i miss that stuff a lot.

Back
Top Bottom