• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Official Tweet Our sincere thanks goes out to all Jump Force players and fans for their support; but with all good things, they must come to an end...

• Thread starter Deleted member 1250
  • Start date
Jump Force’s availability through digital purchase in the Americas will end on 2/7/2022 at 5 PM PST.
D

Deleted member 1250

Wait, what the fuck? That's ridiculous. I get that the licensing couldn't last forever, but it ending this soon is stupid.

Uhm, now that is embarassing. Curse if the digital age. Will it at least be downloadable for those who purchase it?

This is overly harsh but I’ve always imagined that some exec from either Shueisha or Bandai Namco saw how many views those “Insert Franchise in Unreal 4” videos were getting and decided to make a game with that artstyle.

Are we getting a fire sale before they take it off digitally ? Game isnt for me but for 5 bucks or less i might add it to my library to give it a shot.

Not surprising since it did pretty bad. Hopefully Bandai does the right thing and make an ASW 2D fighter or a sequel to Ultimate Stars next.

They probably have to renew the license to Jump IPs to continue selling the game and the game likely wouldn't sell enough to cover the fees.
This. It's most likely not worth it for them to renew the licence, this game won't sell.

Not surprising since it did pretty bad. Hopefully Bandai does the right thing and make an ASW 2D fighter or a sequel to Ultimate Stars next.

This. It's most likely not worth it for them to renew the licence, this game won't sell.

Yeah. To kinda explain a few things, Bamco does own a number of the licenses in the game, but some of them, they do not (Yu-Gi-Oh! is Konami and Dragon Quest: The Adventures of Dai is Square Enix for example). This would require renewing licensing deals with partners who own the rights to the video game licenses, and although Bamco has been (surprisingly) supporting this game fairly recently, I assume they made a determination that renewing the licensing fees isn't worth it (possibility royalties, fees for the license themselves, and among other things).

Honestly, I'd imagine a chunk of the cross-over games are likely in legal limbo for the same same reasons, especially the ones with Shaman King characters (as that is now now longer owned by Shueisha, but Kodansha). It sucks but it is what it is. Licensing is such a nightmare that every deal is unique and may have different fees and royalties, minimum guarantees, etc., so I don't blame Bamco for pulling the plug on this regardless.

Yeah. To kinda explain a few things, Bamco does own a number of the licenses in the game, but some of them, they do not (Yu-Gi-Oh! is Konami and Dragon Quest: The Adventures of Dai is Square Enix for example). This would require renewing licensing deals with partners who own the rights to the video game licenses, and although Bamco has been (surprisingly) supporting this game fairly recently, I assume they made a determination that renewing the licensing fees isn't worth it (possibility royalties, fees for the license themselves, and among other things).

Honestly, I'd imagine a chunk of the cross-over games are likely in legal limbo for the same same reasons, especially the ones with Shaman King characters (as that is now now longer owned by Shueisha, but Kodansha). It sucks but it is what it is. Licensing is such a nightmare that every deal is unique and may have different fees and royalties, minimum guarantees, etc., so I don't blame Bamco for pulling the plug on this regardless.
Yeah, that's right. Bamco doesn't own all licenses. I think there was also something with Fist of the North Star (is it even represented in Jump Forces?) but I'm not sure about that.

They probably have to renew the license to Jump IPs to continue selling the game and the game likely wouldn't sell enough to cover the fees.
Ah OK, thanks for explaining.

Still a shame mind, the potential for a good Jump Force crossover is huge, which is why it's sad this was botched so badly

Wonder if season 2 dlc will get a sale on switch before leaving. Switch port was decently solid. I mean the game is just Xenoverse 2 with a more varied cast/no flight

This is overly harsh but I’ve always imagined that some exec from either Shueisha or Bandai Namco saw how many views those “Insert Franchise in Unreal 4” videos were getting and decided to make a game with that artstyle.

It's honestly, with no exaggeration, the ugliest official game I've ever seen.

All good aggressively mediocre things must come to an end. Jump fans deserve a monumental cross over celebration game, but Jump Force was not it. Still sad to see it shut down for those who got enjoyment out of it.

Oh it's the ugly game. Yeah, I don't know a single person IRL that played that.

Man, I miss the days of Jump Super Stars on DS.

Jump Force is hideous but at least it isn't as bad to play as J-Stars Victory Vs.

Still waiting for a good console Jump crossover game...

Back
Top Bottom