• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Online Pac-Man 99 end of service on October 8th, 2023

I lost all interest once I managed to win once. It’s just not the same as Tetris 99.

Nintendo/Arika really hate keeping the lights on apparently. Pac-Man 99 is my favorite out of the series, shame it's dying.

I bought the DLC so at least I can still play the offline modes, but it's another cool game that's going to be lost to time and that sucks. Now there are five games that I own on Switch that have been (or will be) delisted, all of them from Nintendo and Bandai Namco! (Mario 3D All-Stars, Fire Emblem 1, Mario 35, Jump Force and soon Pac-Man 99.)

This one never hooked me, but sad to see it taken down all the same. Just stinks these games have relatively short shelf lives.

Mario and Pac-man last a few months to like 2 years, but the true God Tetris remains none the less

inb4 we get that's cancellation soon too

Mario and Pac-man last a few months to like 2 years, but the true God Tetris remains none the less

inb4 we get that's cancellation soon too
At least that’s still getting themes. Honestly works great as a marketing machine.

Can't wait to see what is their next 99 game.
Probably nothing. Though I think the best options (in terms of gameplay translation and not what would actually be popular) would be puyo puyo or space invaders. I think galaga is actually a great options but doubt Bamco would license another game. Nintendo I guess could do panel de pon

Adored this back on release, but it just didn’t manage post launch support well at all. Shocked they didn’t borrow the Tetris model.

I always wanted to play it with a proper arcade stick, maybe I’ll pick one up before it
goes down.

It was a great experience, but last few times I've played it was mostly bots I was playing against. Shame really, it was a pretty neat idea.

Nintendo/Arika really hate keeping the lights on apparently. Pac-Man 99 is my favorite out of the series, shame it's dying.

They're probably very expensive games to run server-side, and they have very limited monitisation opportunities to pay for those serves.

They're essentially freebies to entice NSO subscriptions, so I wouldn't expect them to last all that long. Same goes for Tetris 99, despite it being much more popular and the progenitor of the "99" concept.

I'm sad about this, I've been playing it recently. I much prefer it to Tetris 99 just because I'm a Pac-Man fan. When I play it's usually around 70% real players, which is fine.

Likely the weakest of the 99 series. Wonder how much of a playerbase it has by now.

Not saying the game is bad, mind you, but it definitely doesn't work as well as Tetris and Mario did.

oh no 😰 this is such a shame. i haven’t played it much recently, but i always enjoyed this more than tetris 99

Back
Top Bottom