• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club one of the early Mario mascot costumes (initally designed in 1989) has been recovered and restored.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

The person who found him originally began restoration using hard foam (which is why he looks different. His "bones" are a totally different material!).When we purchased him and took over, he was about 50% of the way there.We commissioned new eyes, did more work to the face, and mounted him semi-permanently to a mannequin. I am BEYOND pleased with the result. I knew we wouldn't be able to get him to 100% based on the irreversible work that had already been done. But I'd say he's a good 85%, hes stable, and he's safe.

some notable appearences of this costume include a bizzare creepypasta gif that was falsely claimed to be "in the mario 64 source code"
dbb.gif

a public showcase in the Netherlands where Nintendo destroyed bootleg cartridges with a steamroller. (which suspiciously looks like a war crime)

and the 1990 Nintendo World Championships.

holy shit this is so fascinating

especially that horrifying picture at the end

Pretty cool, but also TERRIFYING!!

And yeah, Nintendo has never taken lightly to piracy. That last tidbit is bad ass!!!

This is legitimately amazing. I remember seeing photos of the steamroller shenanigans in local videogame magazines of the era, too.

This, too, is preserving video game legacy.

a public showcase in the Netherlands where Nintendo destroyed bootleg cartridges with a steamroller. (which suspiciously looks like a war crime)

I remember this! Saw this covered in video games mag Power Unlimited, late 1994 I believe (it had Donkey Kong Country on the cover), and the Dutch iteration of Club Nintendo.

Back
Top Bottom