• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion One of the best game trailers is 1 year old today

Was expecting this to be a joke thread about another game but I enter to find that it actually is about a really good trailer. Damn, I'm so confused now.

3caedb8a-1692-4c89-945e-791386768c3d_text.gif

This was the trailer that sold me on TOTK (the other ones were really meh), nearly on par with the BOTW Switch Presentation trailer which is probably my all time favorite trailer. It's actually crazy that it's almost been a year since TOTK released.

I remember how you personally mic dropped the trailer. Crazy to think it has been a year already.

This game is simultaneously my GOAT, and also not my favourite Zelda game 😅

Great trailer that didn’t quite hit as hard as that BotW trailer, though.

Very fitting anyways considering the same could be said for the respective games.

I prefer this trailer to BotW's, honestly. The BotW trailer is a nice summary of the franchise as seen through the prism of BotW; the TotK trailer is all TotK. The music editing is stunning. The drum roll over Ganon's shriek, that now legendary sax, the breakdown for the title drop at the end (there's two title drops in this trailer and instead of feeling pretentious it feels totally earned and well placed)—so good. Hearing a sax blare the opening notes from this trailer at the end of the Tears of the Dragon questline knocked the wind out of me.

Here's a fan group's orchestra cover of the trailer's music (they have embeds disabled).

I remember how you personally mic dropped the trailer. Crazy to think it has been a year already.

This game is simultaneously my GOAT, and also not my favourite Zelda game 😅
What a day that was. I remember that very well, everyone was like: well Lukas you were right.

Now imagine how good this trailer could be if Nintendo had good marketing in the Switch era 😉

Legendary Famiboards moment right there with Lukas manifesting that trailer out of thin air with no word from any insider.

Oh, yeah, and the trailer was great too.

I prefer this trailer to BotW's, honestly. The BotW trailer is a nice summary of the franchise as seen through the prism of BotW; the TotK trailer is all TotK. The music editing is stunning. The drum roll over Ganon's shriek, that now legendary sax, the breakdown for the title drop at the end (there's two title drops in this trailer and instead of feeling pretentious it feels totally earned and well placed)—so good. Hearing a sax blare the opening notes from this trailer at the end of the Tears of the Dragon questline knocked the wind out of me.

Here's a fan group's orchestra cover of the trailer's music (they have embeds disabled).

I have no idea why that BOTW trailer is so highly regarded, this one is easily its superior and its not close

got chills for a game i played a year ago. such an epic trailer.

i also really like the first teaser trailer for TotK, too. it has such a dark and mysterious vibe.

This game is so great still for me. I don't know why but somehow it even feels underrated now.
I don't check for TOTK much in social media, but I remember BOTW having a very solid and longeval presence in twitter and youtube. I haven't seen much of TOTK

How to i put spoiler on a picture in Famiboard? figured it out

images

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom