• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion On the third of May, my dear friend Jonathan was scheduled to arrive in Eastern Europe

Supreme Overlord

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Pronouns
he/him
Hi everyone,

As the title indicates, a dear friend of mine was to arrive in Eastern Europe on the third of May; he'll be there by now, if all has gone well. He's excited and nervous, perhaps even anxious from what he sounded like, about it, and I think that's what drew me to type out this rambling mess of words. It's a business trip, a really big one for him, so I do wish him all the best. He's helping some old rich guy with the legal matters of property purchase, which sounds both exceptionally boring and yet more exciting than anything I've ever accomplished.

I don't have specific details, but his journey is meant to take him to the Carparthian mountains --somewhere around Moldova, I believe. I've never been to the area, but there are probably some picturesque locales he can visit if his work allows. I'm not going to say I'm jealous of his opportunity here, but the travel does sound appealing. The magnitude of his business does strike me as incredibly nerve-wracking though.

Anyhow, I guess I'm not sure why I'm telling you all this, except, I guess, that whatever anxiety he has -- or that I perceive he must have, for which he'd be well within his rights -- must have infected me, and I can't help but, I don't know, worry, maybe, about this. That doesn't sound quite right either. It's the thing where it would be so incredibly nerve-wracking, though. It's just getting to me.

Maybe you, or some of you, here will understand and commiserate. Maybe I'm just typing into the void. In any case, thanks for reading and listening and caring, or for not.

I don't have specific details, but his journey is meant to take him to the Carparthian mountains --somewhere around Moldova, I believe. I've never been to the area, but there are probably some picturesque locales he can visit if his work allows.
There definitely are, he's super lucky. That beautiful range has glorious colours, deep blue and purple in the shadows of the peaks, green and brown where grass and rock mingle.

I took a trip like that myself, some years ago. Stayed in Budapest, at the Golden Krone Hotel which I found, to my great delight, to be thoroughly old-fashioned, for of course I wanted to see all I could of the ways of the country.

I’m sure his journey will be absolutely fine and at this moment he’s checking out some wonderful local food around Bistritz. The Borgo Pass is particularly beautiful.

I'm sure he has nothing to worry about. The business will go by quick, and just as soon will you and he be reunited!

All the best to your friend. I would assume he'll be keeping in touch?
Ah, yes, he has said he will be. It'll be exciting to hear all about his travels.

There definitely are, he's super lucky. That beautiful range has glorious colours, deep blue and purple in the shadows of the peaks, green and brown where grass and rock mingle.
I took a trip like that myself, some years ago. Stayed in Budapest, at the Golden Krone Hotel which I found, to my great delight, to be thoroughly old-fashioned, for of course I wanted to see all I could of the ways of the country.
I’m sure his journey will be absolutely fine and at this moment he’s checking out some wonderful local food around Bistritz. The Borgo Pass is particularly beautiful.
This all sounds wonderful. It seems he should be able to have a really pleasant stay.

Good call on the food, too. I hope he takes advantage of that opportunity, as I've long insisted he needs to expand his palate.

Wait, is this for real?
I'll have to let him know that his business sounds so grand that people find it difficult to believe. He's always lived a fairly low-key life, so he's sure to get a kick out of that. Maybe I'll even have to introduce him to this site so he can see, though it's entirely possible he's already been introduced, since ...

They’ll be writing to me too, so have patience! To-night is mine. To-morrow night is yours!
I hadn't a clue we had a mutual friend! Though it shouldn't surprise me to hear most anyone would count Jonathan a friend; he really is a top-rate chap.

Maybe we'll all have to meet up at the pub when he gets back.

I received a particular missive the other day from my friend and, while I hesitate to share too much of Jonathan's personal details here, he included an additional material that I thought might be of particular interest to some here.

Suffice it to say, @PixelKnight was spot on. Jonathan has been rather adventurous, it seems, as pertains to the local cuisine. He included this:

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

It seems I haven't managed to completely keep up with my mail, so I can't say whether he's sent any further updates, but I seem to recall he was expecting to return sometime around now. I should definitely check whether I have any further correspondence from him, so I can be sure to be prepared with the best inquiries upon his return.

Back
Top Bottom