• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Official soundtrack and artbook for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom revealed

ze_

Moblin

GNIsnF8bYAAMevM

Concept art for Zelda's new hair style. Think they definitely picked the best look.

GNIsnF9akAA3k3q

Hyrule's King and Queen.

The artbook is is 464 pages long and will be structured like the Breath of the Wild's "Master Works" artbook, which contained storyboards for cutscenes, a breakdown of the story and setting, and of course unseen concept art. It releases August 30th.

The soundtrack covers 344 songs held across 9 discs, and releases in Japan on July 31. There's a collector's edition variant of the soundtrack that also includes a Master Sword USB drive loaded with a special selection of flac recordings, which will include the music used in the game's third trailer.

a61b465f350a3190c2c5b9ad15ff7bd63a671dc9045f9cbc0a96ae5634d9f82fec6c702efa4d42af5b40dc8f41676712db13082cb0f21a5c22d149077bb698f1.jpg

Last edited:
I will literally send the person, who gives me a heads-up when those two things will be orderable at Amazon Germany, a pack of cookies.

I need this.

Need.

Aren't these Japan only usually? Or at least the OSTs

You might be right about the OST ... at least Amazon.jp ships internationally.

But the artbook should come "over" to the west officially. The BotW Master Works one was localized.

The artbook is invevitably getting an english translation with Dark Horse. The soundtrack should only be available on japanese sites. If no one does it before me, I'll add the CDjapan link when it's up.

EDIT: There it is @Bonejack

If you're not familiar with this site, I recommend using "Registered Air Mail" for the shipping. I've made more than a dozen orders throughout the years and never had any problems with that service.

EDIT 2: The regular edition

Last edited:
The artbook is invevitably getting an english translation with Dark Horse. The soundtrack should only be available on japanese sites. If no one does it before me, I'll add the CDjapan link when it's up.

EDIT: There it is @Bonejack

If you're not familiar with this site, I recommend using "Registered Air Mail" for the shipping. I've made more than a dozen orders throughout the years and never had any problems with that service.

EDIT 2: The regular edition

Thanks for the heads-up!

Not familiar with that shop, but if it's up there, maybe i can look on Amazon.co.jp, they should ship internationally without issues, too.

E: Wow, using that shipping rate calc on that cdjapan store shows me using DHL is actually cheaper than airmail.

OLED Model
Pro Controller
Collectors Edition Game
Deluxe Guide
Master Works
Three Amiibo

…fair to say this is the most money I’ve spent on a single game before

Watch out with DHL. I used them once, only to get it with a surprise customs fee after the product was shipped.

Should be ok, i've been using them on Amiami for some Star Wars Nendoroids before, i only had to pay the usual import customs for Germany here.

E:

Though, i've "prepaid" the VAT on the CDJapan order (didn't find it on Amazon.co.jp), so i hope i don't have to pay twice as you fear. ^^

Oh well, whatever.

Now, only the artbook is needed, come on Dark Horse, announce it!

Hoooooooly macarooooooly !!!!

GOATed soundtrack + unseen concept art.

F5 F5 F5
Out of curiosity, are you going to get the japanese book or wait for the english translation? Because while I call myself a Zelda fan, it's not to the point of buying the same book twice.

If anyone's interested in the actual track list (in Japanese for now, someone can probably translate):

GNIuNGAasAA1DV-

GNIuNGQakAAznax
13.jpg

(from Topics page)

Code:
1. Colgera (Phase 1)
2. Marbled Gohma (Phase 1)
3. Mucktorok (Phase 1)
4. Queen Gibdo (Phase 1)
5. Phantom Ganon (Phase 1)
6. Seized Construct (Phase 1)
7. Demon King Ganondorf
8. Demon King Ganondorf [2nd Form] (Phase 1)
9. Demon King Ganondorf [2nd Form] (Phase 2)
10. Demon Dragon
11. Main Theme
12. 3rd Trailer BGM
13. Staff Credits
14. 2nd Trailer BGM
15. 3rd Trailer BGM

Going by track list order and other media in terms of the 'order' of the Secret Stones, Wind should be disc 2 and Fire disc 3 (I kinda wish the discs themselves had the kanji tinged with their source element's primary colour, though I suppose the lack of contrast for Time and Light might be tricky...)

Last edited:
Well hopefully it comes to the rest of the world!

and... there were 344 songs in this game ??
If it's anything like BotW, a ton of it is for one time cutscenes, which add up very fast.

That it's actually way more music than BotW is still throwing me hard though, there's no way? Unless they also just decided to include all of the stuff they recycled in this.

As usual though, I'm just excited to see the composer credits. Wonder if Hajime Wakai contributed, or if BotW is his last soundtrack.

Would you like a sword? New
And a Master Sword Replica i need that yesterday!!!

And a Master Sword Replica i need that yesterday!!!

I’m willing to do unspeakable things to get my hands on this.

The topics page actually mentions some specifics of the contents of the Master Works, including everyone’s favourite LOZ YouTuber topic… (N.B. The below is Google translated with some adjustments referencing DeepL and an app dictionary; I’d appreciate a native speaker parsing the base text in case context has been inappropriately added or removed)

本書は全3章で構成され、アート、資料、物語の3つの視点で“本作の世界”を掘り下げ、制作の裏側へと迫ります。 描き下ろしを含むアートワーク、設定画や開発初期のコンセプトアートに、「龍の泪」の絵コンテ、設定をもとに時間軸と考察で紡ぐハイラルの歴史など、A4判464ページの大ボリュームでお届けします。
This book is divided into three chapters and delves into “the world of this game” from three perspectives: art, documents, and story, giving a glimpse into the behind-the-scenes production. Delivered in a large volume of 464 A4-size pages, it includes new artworks, annotated character sheets, concept art from the early stages of development, storyboards for the “Dragon's Tears”, a history of Hyrule woven together based on a timeline and considerations of the setting, and so on.

Finally, another Zelda artbook to add to my collection. Come on Dark Horse, deliver us westerners the goods.

Link looks even more beautiful in some of this artwork. I'm worried what some of the Ganondorf concepts might do to people.

Out of curiosity, are you going to get the japanese book or wait for the english translation? Because while I call myself a Zelda fan, it's not to the point of buying the same book twice.

Wait for English.

Saying “F5 F5 F5” is just a way of expressing hype.

Aren't these Japan only usually? Or at least the OSTs
BoTW Soundtrack eventually came to Amazon US.

Does anyone understand the pricing for the soundtrack? The limited edition MSRP is 19,800 yen, which is the price on Amazon JP, but on PlayAsia it's $106, which is only 16,510 yen. How can it be so much lower? I'm confused.

I'm visiting Japan for the first time in Jan/Feb next year, I don't suppose anybody knows how likely it is that I'd be able to pick up a copy of this there rather than import it this year? I'll happily wait if it's likely that copies will still be easily available to get while there :)

I'm visiting Japan for the first time in Jan/Feb next year, I don't suppose anybody knows how likely it is that I'd be able to pick up a copy of this there rather than import it this year? I'll happily wait if it's likely that copies will still be easily available to get while there :)
The regular edition should remain available for a while. I wouldn't bet on the special one though.

IMO this is deliberate. The early concepts for Sonia appear to be based around the idea of having her resemble Skyward Sword or Ocarina of Time Zelda.

I prefer where they landed with Sonia’s design. If you’re going to reimagine the founding of Hyrule, drawing on images like kami spirits and indigenous culture is preferable to Skyward Sword’s suggestion. It plays better with the world and themes of BotW, too.

Last edited:
The Zonai and Ancient Hylian civilization being this fusion of Mesoamerican, Japanese Shinto, and Greco Roman makes for very vivid imagery and more visually interesting architecture and artifacts to play with. I love that the geoglyphs are inspired by the Peruvian Nazca Lines which are meant to be seen from long distances and from above. I can't wait to get my hands on this art book.

Back
Top Bottom