• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Sales Data Octopath Traveler Has Shipped 3 Million Units (physical + digital)

Don't care what anyone says, this game is brilliant. That's some well deserved success.

I'm absolutely over the moon that it's getting a sequel, and so soon too

Fantastic news!

Sounds like it did decently on Xbox. It was at 2.5m the month before that port.

It sold so well on Xbox the sequel is coming to every platform... except Xbox.

Seriously though, I'm curious about the platform split since it was probably still selling more on Switch and PC.

It sold so well on Xbox the sequel is coming to every platform... except Xbox.

Seriously though, I'm curious about the platform split since it was probably still selling more on Switch and PC.
OT2 could end up being another late port. Probably depends on which platforms are paying for what.

Some of that 500k was residual on Switch and PC but it'd been out on those for several years, the bulk of that was probably Xbox.

OT2 could end up being another late port. Probably depends on which platforms are paying for what.

Some of that 500k was residual on Switch and PC but it'd been out on those for several years, the bulk of that was probably Xbox.
doubt. xbox audience doesn't take to rpgs all that much

I don't think any platform holder is paying for anything here. It's just Xbox that has to pay for the game quite frankly. Though I'm surprised it's going multiplat, I can only imagine SE saw those sales and went 🤑

I'd also agree with @ILikeFeet. I doubt the game moved many units on the platform.

Back
Top Bottom