• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Xbox NVIDIA is unblocking the Edge browser for GeForce Now (GeForce Now on Xbox)

Time was, you didn't need an Xbox if you had a PC. Now you don't need a PC if you have an Xbox.

what is geforce now? like a streaming web app?
Yes. You sub and Nvidia lets you play whitelisted games you own on Steam, EGS or Origin on RTX 2080-equivalent hardware. It's different from XCloud for example in that you must own the games on those stores, they're not included with the sub (since they're essentially just renting you a PC).

So if i have games in my steam libary i can literally sub and play em on xbox right now? Cuz i bought some in advance for the steamdeck but idm playin a few of em in advance đź‘€

So if i have games in my steam libary i can literally sub and play em on xbox right now? Cuz i bought some in advance for the steamdeck but idm playin a few of em in advance đź‘€
They have to be whitelisted by NVIDIA but for the most part yes. GeForce Now is pretty much renting a PC.

I don't believe it's live yet though on Edge browsers, hopefully soon.

You can see the games list here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/games/

They have to be whitelisted by NVIDIA but for the most part yes. GeForce Now is pretty much renting a PC.

I don't believe it's live yet though on Edge browsers, hopefully soon.

You can see the games list here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/games/
Neat thanks much appreciated! Ill surely keep an eye on it for edge release and check the game list and write/note down wich ones of my steam libary are compatible.

I've had mostly good experience w/ GeforceNow in terms of streaming game session quality. Not as good as my time on Stadia, but good enough for me.

What I had a major issue with recently was when they took down a game I was playing heavily (Divinity 2) for maintenance ... that lasted like 6 weeks. As of now, its back online, but that was a bummer.

literally
Note if you have games from either Good Old Games or Epic Store, some of those are supported as well!

I've had mostly good experience w/ GeforceNow in terms of streaming game session quality. Not as good as my time on Stadia, but good enough for me.

What I had a major issue with recently was when they took down a game I was playing heavily (Divinity 2) for maintenance ... that lasted like 6 weeks. As of now, its back online, but that was a bummer.

Note if you have games from either Good Old Games or Epic Store, some of those are supported as well!
Thanks for the tip! Finally lots of those free games getting a good use from epic store! Ill check later today wich ones i can add to the libary ^^

Tried some steam games on mobile last day with a controller and it was really smooth!

Back
Top Bottom