• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Deals [North America] Nintendo Switch 'Blockbuster' Promotion - ends Sep. 10 at 11:59 p.m. PT

Bishop89

Piranha Plant
I think its NA only.

https://www.nintendo.com/store/sales-and-deals/#blockbuster-sale

Go to DekuDeals and filter by US/Canada and Switch, for full list.

Here's a preview of some of the titles on sale. US pricing.

11111.png

22222.png

333333.png

44444.png

5555.png

6666.png

7777.png

88888.png

9999.png

Looks like the same or very similar to the european sale topic could probably be updated.

Thinking about Lost in Random - anyone played that?

Also if you have only a few dollars to spare and want to shed some tears I recommend The Last Campfire ~3$

Any opinions on Darksiders in general and on Switch? I've seen it thrown around as a 3D Zelda itch scratcher, but it looks very 360/PS3 era kind of edgy to me, and I'm not sure if I can put up with that.

Any opinions on Darksiders in general and on Switch? I've seen it thrown around as a 3D Zelda itch scratcher, but it looks very 360/PS3 era kind of edgy to me, and I'm not sure if I can put up with that.
I haven't played them, but I remember seeing that Darksiders 3 saw significant cutbacks for the Switch version.

Is Death's Door a good deal at that price?
It's a good deal even at full price so yeah.

The games for sale in Europe are weird. Crash 4 isn't but the quadrilogy is, so I'd have to spend 30€ for 3 games I already own if I want it on a discount.

Battle Chef Brigade at $4 is a great pickup. One of the best hidden gems on Switch that more people need to play.

Tempted by Kakarot, Catherine and flipping death. Any thoughts on this?
Grabbed we love katamari at 20
Probably still waiting for a bigger one on process of elimination(30%), Ace angler(30% again), Atari 50(15%), Ultra Kaiju Monster Rancher(40%… I'm still waiting for at least 50), and then on P4G and P4AU I'm not buying till I finish P3P. Dawn of the monsters is tempting at half off but then I remember how many stalled out beat 'em ups I have in the backlog and tell myself I should wait for a Gigabash sale.

I’m wondering a bit on this two. Got one of them in a bundle on wiiu and I remember it being fine but I didn’t get far in

Thinking about sifu. Are the Ys games connected? Do I have to play 8 to understand 9? If not which would u guys recommend?

The Ys games are connected in that they share the same protagonist and there might be some references to previous games scattered in the dialogue but you don't need to have played 8 to understand 9. It's a whole new location and cast.

Darksiders 1, IMO, is the best of the series. It’s a very fun game, and while all 3 wear their inspirations on their sleeves, it has the most identity. 2 gets a little bigger down by an open area and SOTC-style fights and 3 is the weakest all around. I dont know how it plays on switch but definitely give it try.

Looks like the same or very similar to the european sale topic could probably be updated.

Thinking about Lost in Random - anyone played that?

Also if you have only a few dollars to spare and want to shed some tears I recommend The Last Campfire ~3$
I got Lost in Random for Ps4 cuz looking at some videos I was scared that the Switch version was gonna be way too blurry but then I probably made the wrong choice since I definitely would've played more if I had it portable instead.

As for the game, If you a fan of the style of Alice in Madness or maybe Coraline. The story and pacing is pretty good, combat too but I wish it was platformer like Alice since everything else already feels like an Alice clone.

Tempted by Kakarot, Catherine and flipping death. Any thoughts on this?
Grabbed we love katamari at 20
Probably still waiting for a bigger one on process of elimination(30%), Ace angler(30% again), Atari 50(15%), Ultra Kaiju Monster Rancher(40%… I'm still waiting for at least 50), and then on P4G and P4AU I'm not buying till I finish P3P. Dawn of the monsters is tempting at half off but then I remember how many stalled out beat 'em ups I have in the backlog and tell myself I should wait for a Gigabash sale.

I’m wondering a bit on this two. Got one of them in a bundle on wiiu and I remember it being fine but I didn’t get far in
Kakarot has a demo, runs and looks great. Go try it.
Combat is way better than Xenoverse too.

To be fair I actually loved Xenoverse 2 back in the early switch days XD
But is Piccolo playable?
Oh I loved Xenoverse too, played a ton of it and was heavily involved in the online with friends and all kinda different builds. Its just that Kakarot combat is that great, and feels more like Dragon Ball the show. Yes Picolo is playable.

I really recommend you to try the demo tho. Xenoverse and Kakarot are still going for a different kinda experience outside of combat.

Oh I loved Xenoverse too, played a ton of it and was heavily involved in the online with friends and all kinda different builds. Its just that Kakarot combat is that great, and feels more like Dragon Ball the show. Yes Picolo is playable.

I really recommend you to try the demo tho. Xenoverse and Kakarot are still going for a different kinda experience outside of combat.
Played the demo(albeit on my Xbox, my switch didn’t have the connection at the moment to do download it)… and it’s pretty rad actually but I see two issues that make me pass for now: I have a couple too many rpgs to play, and I’m better off waiting for the version with all the dlc to go on a deep sale

Kaze and the Wild Masks, Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom and Crash 4 are all incredible games and a steal at their respective prices. They each take a little time to get going but once they do they're absolutely stellar.

Back
Top Bottom