• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

RTTP Noclip has made a video going into the history of the best multiplayer map, Unreal Tournament's "Facing Worlds".

(Returned to the party)

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

Real deep stuff. Not only does it go into the origin of the map. It also goes into the design of it, hard science to determine if it could be recreated in real life, and why modern multiplayer games don't contain similar maps.

Truly a masterpiece, and i can't wait to see what other maps Noclip covers next. De_Dust2? Blood Gulch?

I'll have to watch this later but sniping on facing worlds against bots was a fun past time... "m-m-m-m-monster kill" playing on repeat.

I'll have to watch this later but sniping on facing worlds against bots was a fun past time... "m-m-m-m-monster kill" playing on repeat.
Hell it was pretty great against actual people too. I used to grab the sniper and camp out at the back left/right side of the base and train my scope on the lofts on the opposite tower.
Unreal Tournament 2004 was such a good game.

I'll have to watch the video later, but i just wanted to say that Unreal Tournament (99) it's one of the best multiplayer fps ever, and it's the only classic pc game that i usually play.
I still haven't found a modern game that was so fun and well made... and believe me, it's not nostalgia talking; the game still holds up well today.

Will have to watch later. Legendary level from a legendary game.

I finally watched this and what a nostalgia trip... I had completely forgotten about the bullet time / matrix mods for UT - I loved those so much.

It's funny how simple the origin of Facing Worlds is, yet how brilliant it worked out for its design.

I had made a couple maps for a UT mod called Tactical Ops that I played the hell out of back in the day. Wish I could remember their names to see if they exist anywhere online.

Back
Top Bottom