• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Live Show Nintendo Direct | 2024-06-18 | 7AM PT, 10AM ET, 4PM CEST | Uncompressed trailers for 4 games up, see threadmark!

Who will reveal themselves? (Up 5 votes)

• Mario

Votes: 42 37.8%
  • Link

Votes: 56 50.5%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • Samus Aran

Votes: 76 68.5%
  • Pit

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Fox McCloud

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • A spiky-haired guy in an SRPG

Votes: 58 52.3%
  • A bug

Votes: 25 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
51Qvnz9Y0eL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

If DK is coming back I want a port of Returns. Save the big super 3D outing for Switch 2 next year!

If Captain Falcon and the D-Zero racers are coming back I hope it’s GX Super Online remastered.

I’m not expecting much.

Not checking and don’t want spoilers obviously, but has anything else actually leaked since Pyoro’s retweet this morning?

I'm quite hopeful for some significant NSO updates and roadmap, heck we might even get a new system, i thing the Sega Game Gear would be cool.

People want game gear and dreamcast when it's been almost an exact year since we got Genesis games. Sega abandoned NSO.
Sega gotta get paid. I'm sure that if Nintendo forked over a big enough sum of money, we'd see Game Gear or Dreamcast. Question is how big a percentage of the ongoing subscription is Nintendo willing to send to Sega

If MP4 shows up, does it end the direct? Or will it be featured mid direct since we've known about it since checks notes June 13th 2017?
(I'm sorry, I'm catching up on the threads now since I've been so consumed with thinking about the Nintendo Direct HAHAH!!)

I kind of feel like it may be in the middle to go alongside the reveal of MP2/MP3 coming to Switch as HD ports

Sega gotta get paid. I'm sure that if Nintendo forked over a big enough sum of money, we'd see Game Gear or Dreamcast. Question is how big a percentage of the ongoing subscription is Nintendo willing to send to Sega
The Sega Deal is extremely weird, since the one whose benefiting the most is Sega and their doing nothing. Like the main reason for the subscription cost hike is because of the Mega Drive.

I'm curios if those at Nintendo aren't emulating Mega Drive games, since it's not their main priority, or maybe Sega aren't as willing to fork their older games to Nintendo.

Do you all think Nintendo goes a step further in the Direct tomorrow and vocally states there will be no Nintendo Switch Successor news or do you think they'll leave it at the Direct announcement?
Maybe a brief blurb about it, but I'm leaning towards no.

You know, I could see a star fox game coming out of nowhere due to a surprise partnership. But we'll see
** BINGO SUMMARY **

Alright, the Bingo cards are dropping in, and the Direct is less than 24h away.
I'll be using this post to summarize all Bingo cards posted so far. May the most hype one win!

9-Volt

9-volt.png

Apenknul

Apenknul.png

aMarioFan64

a-Mario-Fan64.webp

Irene

binge2.png

Josh5890

Josh5890.png

freedomseekr

freedomseekr.png

Keep 'em coming! Gonna be fun to compare results later.
You missed mine all the way back on page 2
Oh yeah time for
Direct_Bingo_21_June_Template.png

If MP4 shows up, does it end the direct? Or will it be featured mid direct since we've known about it since checks notes June 13th 2017?
I think it would end the direct, the one last thing will for sure be a hype moment for a game that most in the community have been waiting for.

Do you all think Nintendo goes a step further in the Direct tomorrow and vocally states there will be no Nintendo Switch Successor news or do you think they'll leave it at the Direct announcement?

"How many times do we have to say it mofo's????"

I think they will have a notice before the Direct starts

You know they will

For anyone wondering about the accuracy of that NtH episode summary that was posted:

Yes it’s correct. Unfortunately any subtlety/nuance was definitely lost by the tool that generated.

In other words, not all of the predictions are serious.

Awww yeah! New Direct announcement?! You know what that means!

FAMI MATTERS

It’s a rare condition, this day and age,
To see a Direct, on the Famiboard front page.
It’s a Nintendo tradition of the grand design,
To make sure their directs are a rarity to find.

Well then there must be some hyped up fans inside these gentle boards.
Cause all I see is a board full of dreams,
With anticipation bursting out of every post’s
seams.

As days go by,
It’s the bigger love of the Fami-ly
This freakin' rules

For anyone wondering about the accuracy of that NtH episode summary that was posted:

Yes it’s correct. Unfortunately any subtlety/nuance was definitely lost by the tool that generated.

In other words, not all of the predictions are serious.
Which one?

Maybe not a popular opinion, Nintendo should focus on getting more 3rd parties on NSO and expand the currently avaiable libraries on SNES, GBA, GB,NES and N64

I don't think adding new platforms is the answer. Leave that for Switch 2 when they tweak the price up a bit.

I can’t believe we’re going to see all of:

• Ace Attorney
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • Prime 4
  • Silksong
  • Fire Emblem 4
  • (fucking) Donkey Kong

In less than 24 hours!

I can vote for up to 5 characters but I'm voting only for Samus because I want to manifest all my energy on Metroid Prime 4.

Maybe not a popular opinion, Nintendo should focus on getting more 3rd parties on NSO and expand the currently avaiable libraries on SNES, GBA, GB,NES and N64

I don't think adding new platforms is the answer. Leave that for Switch 2 when they tweak the price up a bit.
To be fair, the big missing N64 devs all support NSO so I figured it was a when not an if. Konami/Hudsonsoft, Bandai, and Sega/Atlus. Heck Natsume is on board too and imagineer has a string Nintendo relationship

Last Direct of the Switch era. LFG!

Voted for Link, Donkey Kong, Samus, Pit and a spiky-haired guy in an SRPG.

Link, Samus, Spiky-haired guy in an SRPG, and a bug for me. I think DK or Cpt. Falcon could show, but I wouldn't bet on either of those.

Did any insider actually hint at a bundle of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker for Switch or was it just 'yeah these two games might be on the way' and hopium manifested this into a 2-in-1? Nintendo does indeed bundle games together especially old games, but these two games specifically I don't see as being likely. I don't even think they'll release close to each other. I feel like folks will be disappointed if we just get one instead of the other, when really that would be pretty nice. I would be happy to have either WW or TP on Switch this year.

Switch 2 will have years without a new Zelda 3D, they’ll save remake, remasters and 2d game to fill that gap.

Switch doesn’t need WW and TP now.

Did any insider actually hint at a bundle of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker for Switch or was it just 'yeah these two games might be on the way' and hopium manifested this into a 2-in-1? Nintendo does indeed bundle games together especially old games, but these two games specifically I don't see as being likely. I don't even think they'll release close to each other. I feel like folks will be disappointed if we just get one instead of the other, when really that would be pretty nice. I would be happy to have either WW or TP on Switch this year.
Complete hopium I believe for a two pack. I mean, yeah they could bundle them together for $80-120 if they wanted to but these are going to be standalone because Nintendo likes money

Back
Top Bottom