• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Live Show Nintendo Direct | 2024-06-18 | 7AM PT, 10AM ET, 4PM CEST | Uncompressed trailers for 4 games up, see threadmark!

Who will reveal themselves? (Up 5 votes)

• Mario

Votes: 42 37.8%
  • Link

Votes: 56 50.5%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • Samus Aran

Votes: 76 68.5%
  • Pit

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Fox McCloud

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • A spiky-haired guy in an SRPG

Votes: 58 52.3%
  • A bug

Votes: 25 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My predictions for new titles:

-Mario Party
-Fire Emblem 4 remake
-2D Zelda remake
-Tomodachi Life

Switch has games

You’re goddamn right it does

Screenshot-2024-06-17-191518.png

I'm still very slowly chipping away at paper Mario the thousand year door. Not a huge deal for me if it's a quiet first party year, I already have a ton of things that are out that I'd like to either play for the first time, put more time into, or replay.

Stop 👏 depending 👏 on 👏 leakers 👏 people
If I could give you 10 upvotes I would. Again, can't stand that the pedestool this community puts these ego’s on overshadows most actual direct speculation. Lol I already ranted enough about this last week, I'll just leave it at that.

Here are my predictions for the last Switch dedicated direct. Sadly, I will watch it after it airs since I am working at the time. I will start by third party:
  • Something Bioware: either Mass Effect or Dragon Age. They are nice fillers to the lineup and it is time we get one of those.
  • Dragon Quest: I believe the HD-2D remake will not be the only announcement and they will announce something else, most likely ports of older titles.
  • Another Team Asano announcement.
  • Layton ports: At least the first trilogy. They are long overdue.
  • Ace Attorney investigations collection.
Regarding first party:
  • Prime 4 opens the show. Early October release.
  • Mario Sports (baseball) slated for January 2025.
  • Mario&Sonic at the Olympics for August.
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns HD.
  • Fire Emblem remake for September.
  • They close the show with Zelda WW and TP ports for November.
No new titles from Nintendo but I believe they are saving everything they can for Switch 2. Besides, I have an extensive backlog to catch up to.

holy cow, someone other than me has been to the Chrono Compendium 😮
Honestly, it's the most interesting wiki in existence. When you finish CC's lore dump at game's end, the compendium helps resolve any lingering feelings of "well, that was mind-bending."

Tomodachi Life with an entirely unhinged implementation of chatgpt

is something nintendo would never do thank god

I need Metroid and Donkey Kong to both be here to close out the years of Fucking Donkey Kong memes

Just like the unveiling of the game on 3DS.

Nintendo Direct closing

Announcer: "and here is one last thing…" snap

black screen

"Sorry to keep you waiting!"

Sky is shown and…
kid_icarus_uprising.jpg

Kid Icarus Uprising Remastered Announced for Nintendo Switch

Last edited:
Still fully believe that the remastered 3DS game is Tomodachi Life. Makes no sense to me that we still didn't get it or a new entry on Switch given how much of a success the 3DS entry was.

Man, we are weird.

I am so excited for Nintendo to basically tell me how I'm going to spend my free time and money over the next few months.

except we really don’t need Clay Fighter to come back
a reimagining with modern rendering techniques could look pretty cooooooool

Nintendo's done a bunch of games with crafts and felt and wool, gimme some claymation games

no this is not about Monolithsoft's Earthbound (yes it is)

Made a poll!

Pick your top 5 characters most likely to show up.

Back
Top Bottom