• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Live Show Nintendo Direct | 2024-06-18 | 7AM PT, 10AM ET, 4PM CEST | Uncompressed trailers for 4 games up, see threadmark!

Who will reveal themselves? (Up 5 votes)

• Mario

Votes: 42 37.8%
  • Link

Votes: 56 50.5%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • Samus Aran

Votes: 76 68.5%
  • Pit

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Fox McCloud

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • A spiky-haired guy in an SRPG

Votes: 58 52.3%
  • A bug

Votes: 25 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dreamcast NSO seems... kinda odd? Imho, Dreamcast games, much like Gamecube, still look decent enough for a relatively low-budget remaster (or something like the HAGI ports) rather than dumping them onto an online service 🤔

I wouldn't mind it but it feels unlikely :D

Is this thread leak-free?

Even if it is I may bow out since I see Nate’s podcast being discussed. I want to going into this Direct 100% blind if I can (would be the first time a while haha). Although I may have already ruined my purity skimming this page. So…95% blind

Just remember that predictions are predictions and while they may be informed by some knowledge of things, Nate isn't on his podcast just reading a script of everything that will be in the presentation tomorrow. A lot of the things that Nate predicts are wrong or doesn't show up in a particular presentation. So declaring the Direct to be mid or bad based on what someone is predicting....doesn't seem very reasonable or smart.

And also don't get mad if someone predicts that a specific game will be there and it isn't.

given how this is written and how quickly it was made im 90% sure this is AI slop and shouldnt be treated like an accurate summary
Nah most likely used the transcript YT tool just quickly read through whole video.

Edit: Nevermind yeah lmfao lot of this is out of context going by the transcript haha.

Last edited:
I can't believe the end is here, tomorrow, the final direct for the Switch!
I have no idea what will be there, just having fun reading predictions, but as an ex-video games store employee who was there to promote and launch the console, this is so freaking emotional!

given how this is written and how quickly it was made im 90% sure this is AI slop and shouldnt be treated like an accurate summary

It's the video's transcription turnt into a bullet points summary via a Chrome extension, go on and watch the 1 hour 30 mins video and let us know about it

I'm not expecting anything spectacular. Keep in mind that this is an end of generation direct. If I vote 3 stars in @Guaraná's thread tomorrow, I consider that a great day.

image.png

💀

Nate Predictions TLDR:

• Upcoming Nintendo Direct and Metroid Prime 4:
    • The upcoming Nintendo Direct is highly anticipated, especially for updates on Metroid Prime 4, expected in 2025.
    • This Direct could be the last one focused exclusively on the current Nintendo Switch before the Switch 2 announcement, potentially in March 2025.
    • Metroid Prime 2 remaster is also expected as a potential announcement.
  • Third-Party and Indie Game Predictions:
    • New third-party titles include Fantasian from Square Enix, Lego Horizon from Sony, House of the Dead 2 remake by Forever Entertainment, Watch Dogs for Switch from Ubisoft, and Kena: Bridge of Spirits.
    • Other potential ports and remasters mentioned are Darkest Dungeon 2 and Skies of Arcadia.
    • Random predictions include Hello Kitty Island Adventure and Metal Slug Attack.
  • Nintendo First-Party Game Announcements:
    • Potential first-party game releases include F-Zero GX remaster, a new Mario Party game, and Kirby: Planet Robobot from the 3DS.
    • Speculation about Zelda releases includes remakes of Oracle of Ages/Seasons, though no major new Zelda game is expected soon.
    • Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War remake is another possibility.
    • The addition of baseball to Switch Sports is hoped for as a new event.
  • NSO and Future Hardware:
    • An NSO update might introduce new hardware like the Nintendo DS or Sega Dreamcast to the service.
    • Expected game releases on NSO include Perfect Dark and Diddy Kong Racing.
    • Sega's Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 were also mentioned as potential Dreamcast games for NSO.
  • Surprise Announcements and Long-Awaited Titles:
    • Nintendo might surprise fans with unexpected game announcements, such as Punch-Out!! and a new StarTropics game, to fill the holiday lineup.
    • Metroid Prime 4 is expected to appear with substantial updates, and Metroid Prime 2 remaster could be announced to keep fans engaged.
Mods can we not allow AI summarize of videos please, they clearly got this from here:

Ive been hyped for a Direct for a while but feel like this could be underwhelming. Keeping my hopes up and just going in expecting it to be a decent show probably at least, and fun to watch. They normally pace their directs well except a few of them, like September 2022

PREDICTIONS TIME!

• OPENING: Fire Emblem "ECHOES": Geneaology of the Holy War (september 2024)
  • MID ANNOUNCEMENTS: Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition (october); Zelda WW + TP HD (october)
  • ENDING: Metroid Prime 4 (november 2024)
  • One more thing: Donkey Kong (2025)

PREDICTIONS TIME!

• MID ANNOUNCEMENTS: Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition; Zelda WW + TP HD
I would be good with that, especially those last two

I dont care much for WW/TPHD anymore as I can already play them anytime but still will be nice to see them, they really need all 3D Zeldas on switch tbh

Ive been hyped for a Direct for a while but feel like this could be underwhelming. Keeping my hopes up and just going in expecting it to be a decent show probably at least, and fun to watch. They normally pace their directs well except a few of them, like September 2022
I’m keeping my expectations low. Fire Emblem remake starts and Zelda Oracle remakes close the direct. Maybe Mario party and Kirby port

PREDICTIONS TIME!

• MID ANNOUNCEMENTS: Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition (october); Zelda WW + TP HD (october)
That'd be a winner in my book.

I would be good with that, especially those last two

I dont care much for WW/TPHD anymore as I can already play them anytime but still will be nice to see them, they really need all 3D Zeldas on switch tbh
Me too, I really don't care about WW/TP, I want older games remake or totally new ones!

Bingo cards New
** BINGO SUMMARY **

Alright, the Bingo cards are dropping in, and the Direct is less than 24h away.
I'll be using this post to summarize all Bingo cards posted so far. May the most hype one win!

Mandos

Mandos.jpg

9-Volt

9-volt.png

Apenknul

Apenknul.png

aMarioFan64

a-Mario-Fan64.webp

Irene

binge2.png

Josh5890

Josh5890.png

freedomseekr

freedomseekr.png

xandelucas

xandelucas.jpg

NantenJex

Nanten-Jex.jpg

quelseydilla

quelseydilla.png

Rychu_Supadude

Rychy-Supadude.png

buildz

buildz.png

the_marmolade

the-marmolade.png

Keep 'em coming! Gonna be fun to compare results later.

Last edited:
Whenever y’all are done with Nate’s predictions… maybe u can watch mine:’3

Nate Predictions TLDR:

• Games
Shortened the quote for readability, but why March 2025 for potential hardware announcement?
Does he mean at the latest?

Also I can’t see Zelda Oracle remakes happen, or they wouldn’t have released them on NSO not so long ago.

40 minutes? That's enough time for like, 10 remakes, the park expansion reveal, a Legends ZA trailer and a new Donkey Kong game reveal (not enough time for Metroid Prime, sorry)

I would actually sad about a Xenoblade X remake shortly before the Switch 2. At this point safe it for the Switch 2 for an even more impressive upgrade.

Last edited:
Video summary isn't forbidden nor in the rules, and no it's not from this 3rd party site, don't assume things. It's in the transcript generated by Youtube.

Enjoy
So you saying it took you about 5 mins to read through all that transcript and bullet points key points without giving context sure bud.

Also, it takes times to generate AI summarize YT video but that one didn't need to generate, hmm.

I'm sure the Chrome extension just feeds Youtube closed captioning into an LLM and spits out the result. That's like 60% of software development right now.

Bless NVC and MVG for having the predictions podcast out and thus continues my tradition and sanity the day before

(tho I just finished the SEGA section and there was no mention of monkey ball... D:< )

PREDICTIONS TIME!

This is literally all I want. Anything else on top is gravy.

Words cannot describe how good Xenoblade Chronicles X is. You all need to play it.

PREDICTIONS TIME!

This would really be one of the best directs of all time.

Any chance for Decapolice, or is that saved for Level 5 alongside Fantasy Life and Layton?
I'm guessing it's delayed to 2025. We have Fantasy Life dated for October and Inazuma Eleven is currently missing. It's gonna be some long time before we see Decapolice in the flesh again.

Back
Top Bottom