• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Live Show Nintendo Direct | 2024-06-18 | 7AM PT, 10AM ET, 4PM CEST | Uncompressed trailers for 4 games up, see threadmark!

Who will reveal themselves? (Up 5 votes)

• Mario

Votes: 42 37.8%
  • Link

Votes: 56 50.5%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • Samus Aran

Votes: 76 68.5%
  • Pit

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Fox McCloud

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • A spiky-haired guy in an SRPG

Votes: 58 52.3%
  • A bug

Votes: 25 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I should share my own Bingo as well:
bingo.png

Let's see how many of these I'll guess correctly. My last score is... 4.

This might be a subpar direct for me. Third party galore and I don’t care for a single rumored third party game , new F-Zero maybe? Meh. Metroid Prime 4 is 2025 so we may not see it. Kirby port meh.

This might be a subpar direct for me. Third party galore and I don’t care for a single rumored third party game , new F-Zero maybe? Meh. Metroid Prime 4 is 2025 so we may not see it

"Nintendo where is the direct? Direct direct direct direct direct direct"

Nintendo announces direct.

"You know what, I take it back"

I hadn't even considered the possibility of AI:TSF 3 being here, but Uchikoshi did start teasing it a couple months ago now.

NGL that could be my game of the direct, AI 2 beat Xenoblade 3 and Kirby and the Forgotten Land for goty for me

there is also a thread for people who don't want spoilers. don't know what this thread is for then, or why there's three ongoing threads at the same time.

I thought whenever a Direct is announced the speculation thread closes and the official event thread opens. This is the event thread, so it makes sense, but I dunno why the others aren't closed.

The notion of spoilers for some videogame ads is unconventional to say the least, so if that's something that bothers you, you should probably limit yourself to the no spoiler thread.

Closing Direct Speculation has always been the norm, but for some reason the last Direct Speculation remained open until after the show.

Regarding spoilers, I'd suggest locking both speculation threads as per usual, and then ask people here to spoiler tag leaks and leak discussions, which have also been a previous approach.

Unless an absurd amount of the Direct has leaked, but I doubt that.

Using AI-powered tools to generate summaries falls under AI-generated content, which is not allowed as per the Banned Content List. - Zellia, Tangerine Cookie, meatbag, Lord Azrael, DecoReturns
Nate Predictions TLDR:

• Upcoming Nintendo Direct and Metroid Prime 4:
    • The upcoming Nintendo Direct is highly anticipated, especially for updates on Metroid Prime 4, expected in 2025.
    • This Direct could be the last one focused exclusively on the current Nintendo Switch before the Switch 2 announcement, potentially in March 2025.
    • Metroid Prime 2 remaster is also expected as a potential announcement.
  • Third-Party and Indie Game Predictions:
    • New third-party titles include Fantasian from Square Enix, Lego Horizon from Sony, House of the Dead 2 remake by Forever Entertainment, Watch Dogs for Switch from Ubisoft, and Kena: Bridge of Spirits.
    • Other potential ports and remasters mentioned are Darkest Dungeon 2 and Skies of Arcadia.
    • Random predictions include Hello Kitty Island Adventure and Metal Slug Attack.
  • Nintendo First-Party Game Announcements:
    • Potential first-party game releases include F-Zero GX remaster, a new Mario Party game, and Kirby: Planet Robobot from the 3DS.
    • Speculation about Zelda releases includes remakes of Oracle of Ages/Seasons, though no major new Zelda game is expected soon.
    • Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War remake is another possibility.
    • The addition of baseball to Switch Sports is hoped for as a new event.
  • NSO and Future Hardware:
    • An NSO update might introduce new hardware like the Nintendo DS or Sega Dreamcast to the service.
    • Expected game releases on NSO include Perfect Dark and Diddy Kong Racing.
    • Sega's Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 were also mentioned as potential Dreamcast games for NSO.
  • Surprise Announcements and Long-Awaited Titles:
    • Nintendo might surprise fans with unexpected game announcements, such as Punch-Out!! and a new StarTropics game, to fill the holiday lineup.
    • Metroid Prime 4 is expected to appear with substantial updates, and Metroid Prime 2 remaster could be announced to keep fans engaged.
Oh no!! It's mid.

Nate Predictions TLDR:

• The upcoming Nintendo Direct is highly anticipated, especially for updates on Metroid Prime 4, expected in 2025.
    • This Direct could be the last one focused exclusively on the current Nintendo Switch before the Switch 2 announcement, potentially in March 2025.
    • New third-party titles include Fantasian from Square Enix, Lego Horizon from Sony, House of the Dead 2 remake by Forever Entertainment, Watch Dogs for Switch from Ubisoft, and Kena: Bridge of Spirits.
    • Other potential ports and remasters mentioned are Darkest Dungeon 2 and Skies of Arcadia.
    • Random predictions include Hello Kitty Island Adventure and Metal Slug Attack.
    • Potential first-party game releases include F-Zero GX remaster, a new Mario Party game, and Kirby: Planet Robobot from the 3DS.
    • Speculation about Zelda releases includes remakes of Oracle of Ages/Seasons, though no major new Zelda game is expected soon.
    • An NSO update might introduce new hardware like the Nintendo DS or Sega Dreamcast to the service.
    • Sega's Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 were also mentioned as potential Dreamcast games for NSO.
    • Nintendo might surprise fans with unexpected game announcements, such as Punch-Out!! and a new StarTropics game, to fill the holiday lineup.
    • Metroid Prime 4 is expected to appear with substantial updates, and Metroid Prime 2 remaster could be announced to keep fans engaged.
Thank you for the write up. Getting Dreamcast games would be wild.

Finally a date after anticipating for so long! A lot of people here ended up being right with it being held on 18th as compared to my prediction of it being held on 20th. I am not expecting anything but I still feel like this one will be really enjoyable as compared to the last one.

I found it funny how they explictly stated there won't be any mention of the Switch successor. Yet watch the chat being filled with trolls saying "Switch 2 where" 😂 The reveal for the next console has to be closer than we expect right? They could've kept quiet about it but they mentioned it again.

I'm a simple non-binary person:

If Metroid Prime 4 appears, I'll be happy and make the very first pre-order of my life, I'll use the MP4 Samus pfp everywhere, I'll become the most annoying person possible by only talking about Metroid Prime 4 and making it my whole personality.

Nate Predictions TLDR:

StarTropics? In this Economy?

Preparing to have my heart broken when they don't announce a new 2d Zelda game with a stupidly gargantuan world map and a funny new gimmick.

(Okay seriously though if they so much as drop a Flame Emitter Amiibo I'd still be happy with it)

Re Nate prediction :

Skipping Triple Deluxe to go to Planet Robobot immediately is weird. Those three are a trilogy, I don't think they would skip Triple Deluxe which is better than Dreamland Wii simply because Planet Robobot is the best 2D Kirby game.
Very important lore in Triple Deluxe, can't miss that one.

Preparing to have my heart broken when they don't announce a new 2d Zelda game with a stupidly gargantuan world map and a funny new gimmick.

(Okay seriously though if they so much as drop a Flame Emitter Amiibo I'd still be happy with it)

I won't have my heart broken, beause it will happen.

Nate Predictions TLDR:

I love how he throws Metal Slug Attack there because of Epic Store database leak when you can easily search up that the game been offline since Jan 2023. Epic Store has an android app that why it was included in the store.

This might be a subpar direct for me. Third party galore and I don’t care for a single rumored third party game , new F-Zero maybe? Meh. Metroid Prime 4 is 2025 so we may not see it. Kirby port meh.
One of the worst Direct in Switch era, following there predictions. And if Nintendo intends to launch Switch 2 with Just cross gen Metroid and nothing more, I'll gladly skip the Launch. Let's wait and see

Eww @ Dreamcast Adventure games, tho I’ve read those are better than the GCN/PS2 versiona
Sonic Adventure 1 Dreamcast is better (the Gamecube version was a worse remake that added a lot of bugs and also looked worse), but Adventure 2 is the same version.

I’ll listen later but what’s the logic on S-E publishing Fantasian which is a Mistwalker game?

and a new StarTropics game
I’ll have whatever they’re smoking/drinking/injecting 🥴😵‍💫😵

On the other hand that’s an Internet meltdown event right there, and I’m here for the ridiculous reactions if true

For Dreamcast NSO, I wish, I've been waiting for it. But it feels too good and ambitious to be true.

I would also hope for Saturn NSO to drop first.

Nate Predictions TLDR:

I hope it doesn’t end up so boring. No DK at all prediction

Nate Predictions TLDR:

I'd pop-off for Sega Dreamcast NSO

My clown attire is ready... Any game for Switch will be nice but I'm hoping finally Silksongs reveals himself.... xD

What's fun about this is while Nate's predictions cover almost all of the remaining dream ports for me, it doesn't feel like a spoiler because having all those hit all of a sudden feels way too good to be true. So I actually am finding myself not believing it and will be surprised if it all happens anyway 😅

Gahdamn, we've seen Farm Directs and RPG Directs, but Nate says we're gonna get a Choco Direct. Seriously can't believe it.

Nate Predictions TLDR:

given how this is written and how quickly it was made im 90% sure this is AI slop and shouldnt be treated like an accurate summary

Back
Top Bottom