• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Live Show Nintendo Direct | 2024-06-18 | 7AM PT, 10AM ET, 4PM CEST | Uncompressed trailers for 4 games up, see threadmark!

Who will reveal themselves? (Up 5 votes)

• Mario

Votes: 42 37.8%
  • Link

Votes: 56 50.5%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • Samus Aran

Votes: 76 68.5%
  • Pit

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Fox McCloud

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • A spiky-haired guy in an SRPG

Votes: 58 52.3%
  • A bug

Votes: 25 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My unbiased take is that any piece of hardware or game title with the upper case letter "U" added to the end of it is a winner

I have a feeling that Ever Oasis is going to show up.
I would love that. I finally got around to playing it around 2 years ago and the game is so charming. Amazing art direction and character designs. It deserves a second chance!

Did any insider actually hint at a bundle of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker for Switch or was it just 'yeah these two games might be on the way' and hopium manifested this into a 2-in-1? Nintendo does indeed bundle games together especially old games, but these two games specifically I don't see as being likely. I don't even think they'll release close to each other. I feel like folks will be disappointed if we just get one instead of the other, when really that would be pretty nice. I would be happy to have either WW or TP on Switch this year.
It's pure meme.

I think the only compelling reason to believe it's possible is because Nintendo already went to the vault and remastered these games for Wii U, so there is no value add. It's hard to imagine them offering a downgraded port (without the Game Pad integration) of a 9 year old remaster at full price. It's also hard to imagine Nintendo not charging full price for Zelda. A full-price double pack might be a compelling package, while making more money by getting everyone to double dip. But I that's just speculation, nothing insidery.

Ah, from crane game to manga to game:
668w_668h.jpg

(The Big Bees by Yu-hachi)

posted in the non-spoiler thread on accident. didn't read the thread title fully. my apologies.

Last edited:
Switch 2 will have years without a new Zelda 3D, they’ll save remake, remasters and 2d game to fill that gap.

Switch doesn’t need WW and TP now.

I dunno remasters like WW and TP feel like perfect releases for this year to me :). It’s not like we expect them to suddenly stop selling after 2024, nor do we expect them to benefit from new hardware.

I won’t hide that I’ll be rooting for mostly remasters and smaller titles, and otherwise vague “early 2025” dates.

Yep these things are always at terrible times in Australia, I feel like I can count on one hand the amount I’ve actually been able to watch live.
Yea. I tell myself I'll watch it first thing in the morning, before opening any websites or other YouTube videos, so it's like I watched it live. 😅

My bingo card and predictions:

6c3aFGG.png

Note to self - ID 005

I've been fairly conservative here, I'd say. Can't really say I'm going into tomorrow with extremely high expectations, though the lack of notable leaks certainly makes things a tad more interesting.

Even if Prime 4 is a 2025 release, there's no conceivable way we don't see it imo. There probably won't be any major Switch 1 shows after this, so it's the last chance to get eyes on the project without sending it out to die.

This freakin' rules

It sure does! I just wish I had something better lined up to say after I finished reading it and then instantly tried to finish the song out loud via mouth-piano.

I just looked around and asked “Family Matters?” and when no one responded, buried my head back in Fami. 😬

Thanks! Did this over a year or so ago and post it every time a new direct gets announced lol

Best I can do is the Youtube Video...

Thanks so much! For some reason I could only find the full press conference (which was too big for most gif-making services) and the couple clips I found cut off Reggie’s intro. I must not have looked hard enough. Anyway, you’re awesome!

IMG-9785.gif

Thanks so much! For some reason I could only find the full press conference (which was too big for most gif-making services) and the couple clips I found cut off Reggie’s intro. I must not have looked hard enough. Anyway, you’re awesome!

IMG-9785.gif

200w.gif

People acting like SFZ had nothing universally praised… forgetting this awesome bit we got cause of it?

Best I can do is the Youtube Video...

I don't think I'll ever be as hyped for a game as I was seeing this. DK was such a big part of my childhood and he was out of focus for so long.. then this trailer came out of nowhere with that music and drums and looking so good.

Please Nintendo. I'll never ask for anything ever again. Just let me experience this feeling once more.

Even if Prime 4 is a 2025 release, there's no conceivable way we don't see it imo. There probably won't be any major Switch 1 shows after this, so it's the last chance to get eyes on the project without sending it out to die.
This isn't something Nintendo would do and I know this isn't what you intended, but my brain springboarded off your post to imagine a scenario where Nintendo felt this Direct was the last opportunity to show any software coming to Switch.

Picture this Nintendo Direct laying out every single game planned for the original Switch, so probably titles through 2025, likely into 2026, and maybe even into 2027. What a wild presentation that would be.

I moved Twitter off my homescreen for the day, after being spoiled by Pyoro first thing this morning when I woke up, and man... I realized how frequently I must absent-mindedly open Twitter. 🙃

In other news, I'm going to go make my Bingo card before I go pick up my groceries.

Back
Top Bottom