• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Live Show Nintendo Direct | 2024-06-18 | 7AM PT, 10AM ET, 4PM CEST | Uncompressed trailers for 4 games up, see threadmark!

Who will reveal themselves? (Up 5 votes)

• Mario

Votes: 42 37.8%
  • Link

Votes: 56 50.5%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • Samus Aran

Votes: 76 68.5%
  • Pit

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Fox McCloud

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • A spiky-haired guy in an SRPG

Votes: 58 52.3%
  • A bug

Votes: 25 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That wasn't too bad actually, happy to see 2025 and the next time we see it, it can look all shiny and good on Switch 2.

That was amazing. Now I wonder if people will speculate that last bit of the Prime 4 trailer was actually successor footage cause that looked pretty lmao.

its real. Its finally real. Metroid prime 4 exist and it looks so good. I screamed with joy when I saw it. But damn, what a great direct. A new mario and Luigi, and New mario Party, New 2D zelda, DK HD, 4 classic games releasing today, and all of the cool 3rd party showings. What a great direct.

Fire Emblem fans found dead in a ditch. Guess insiders were wrong about the Fire Emblem 4 remake.

Other than that though that direct was a banger. Nintendo was going all in on Switch more than I thought they would this late in its life. Just kind of bummed I guess I’m not playing Metroid Prime 2 or 3 before 4.

Congratulations to those who got all they wanted from this Direct! Honestly, it was a great one by any measure I'd say. We got Metroid Prime 4 look, Mario & Luigi's return, Donkey Kong, and a Zelda-led ZOL game! Even with all of my predictions being wrong, this was quite enjoyable!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go take off this Fire Emblem Genealogy clown makeup and get it ready for next year...

WTF that is one of the greatest Directs my eyes have ever seen

Mario and Luigi back from the dead, DKCR Remaster, new Mario Party that combines the best of Super and Superstars, fantastic-looking DQ remakes, ZELDAAAAA AND METROIDDDDDDD

I already told ya on the staff server that if this reading bears fruit, I'll officially consider you the third Queen of The Process, right behind Nicole Kidman and Samus Aran herself.

And if the reading doesn't bear fruit? Who cares, you're still a queen. The Process works in mysterious ways. #TTP

Hello 🙂

Fire Emblem fans found dead in a ditch. Guess insiders were wrong about the Fire Emblem 4 remake.

Other than that though that direct was a banger. Nintendo was going all in on Switch more than I thought they would this late in its life. Just kind of bummed I guess I’m not playing Metroid Prime 2 or 3 before 4.
just cause it wasn't announced doesn't mean they were wrong. Fe4 stuff leaked pretty much at the same time as engage got info dumped.
Adding "Fire Emblem 4 Remake" to the list of "Does It Actually Exist?" now.
What comes first Silksong or FE4 :p

The FE4 infos are from the same people that were spot on with Engage, among them Nate.

I doubt it's fake / doesn't exist, but i would love to know what's the deal with it.

Metroid Prime 4, Legend of Zelda Echoes of ? & Mario & Luigi Brotherhood are for me. Super Mario Party games likes Jumboree is not for me 👍

The FE4 infos are from the same people that were spot on with Engage, among them Nate.

I doubt it's fake / doesn't exist, but i would love to know what's the deal with it.

For their Switch down period Like WindWaker and TP remakes in 2025 i guess. Nintendo is going to at least support Switch for another two years after Switch 2 got released at this rate.

I'm surprised how packed this holiday will be, i was expecting something small, but instead, we got 3 new titles.

2D Zelda, Zelda
Mario Party
Mario And Luigi.

Also some third party.
Ace
Solid NSO drops
DQ remake
Fantasia

I'm loving this level of confidence, makes me excited seeing them transition, since despite that, all of these are small AA titles, which makes me happy, seeing Nintendo being one of the few companies still making them.

Also Papa Genos was right.

Like for a final Direct, this was beyond my expectation, i was thinking mostly ports, but we got ourself a line up that'll easily break the 13M+

Happy MP4 is alive, and that it seems to mostly take queues from 1 instead of 3. The maps and world seem to have bigger vistas.

At the same time:
I thought it looked worse them remaster (expected if areas are bigger and more is visible) and somewhat stiff at moments, + why stylux ... Generic ass villain.

Hope for a switch2 version that cleans that up more ...

I felt it

I am happy

Very good presentation, wish it had Yoshi Woolly World tho :(
It really isn't too late. I doubt the Switch 2 will emulate the Wii U (not saying it can't, it just logistically better to port). We have time on our hands so we will see.

I wanna know what's the deal with Fire Emblem 4 already ...... ;_;
Not to put too fine a point on it but it was never actually announced. Games that aren't actually announced don't exist, because at any moment the project could be shelved, retooled or ended and that's if they existed in the first place.

Considering you could watch in real time how the existence of a Genealogy remake went from "might be cool" to "totally happening this year" back in 2019 on era, I've always been extremely doubtful of its existence.

Btw. they had Mario, Zelda, Metroid and third parties showed up too.

I know i said this before, but this time, for sure, that was the last Switch-only Direct.

The year is decked out, and everything else can be done with cross-gen confirmations after a Switch 2 reveal in September.

Back
Top Bottom