• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Live Show Nintendo Direct | 2024-06-18 | 7AM PT, 10AM ET, 4PM CEST | Uncompressed trailers for 4 games up, see threadmark!

Who will reveal themselves? (Up 5 votes)

• Mario

Votes: 42 37.8%
  • Link

Votes: 56 50.5%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • Samus Aran

Votes: 76 68.5%
  • Pit

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Fox McCloud

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • A spiky-haired guy in an SRPG

Votes: 58 52.3%
  • A bug

Votes: 25 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This went up last night, with a mention of the sequel in development which will be shown in the "near future". Whether that means today, BitSummit next month, or TGS in September is the question. But a reveal is coming, likely this year.

Also, friends don't let friends do stretch goals on KS projects. It never ends well 😂

Watch party sounds fun! I used to have a Direct friend from the UK, we were voice chatting about the Direct.
That’s one of my favorite parts about gaming events now. There’s enough of us in the same area that we can watch all this stuff like summer game fest, SOP, Xbox, etc., altogether as a group. Everyone has such different tastes, but I always make sure to ask everyone they’re waiting for it and the community aspect usually helps that.

Very excited for this to see Dragon Quest and hopefully donkey Kong! I’m ready for the weird Nintendo franchises to start reappearing

This went up last night, with a mention of the sequel in development which will be shown in the "near future". Whether that means today, BitSummit next month, or TGS in September is the question. But a reveal is coming, likely this year.

Also, friends don't let friends do stretch goals on KS projects. It never ends well 😂

Day one for Bloodstained 2 ... and yeah, do like ... 60% less strecht goals and bonus content this time.

I WFH today, so I'm here to experience the direct with you all
1x.webp

My final prediction:
  • Metroid Prime 4;
  • 2D Zelda starring Zelda;
  • holiday game nobody is expecting;
  • 2025 game nobody is expecting;
  • Red Dead Redemption 2;
  • Mario Party;
  • unexpected 3DS remaster.

Folks. Regardless of what happens today, we're entering a stretch for Nintendo announcements that only comes around once a generation.

Please be excited.

yeah, do like ... 60% less strecht goals and bonus content this time.
I’ve seen so many video games buckle under the weight of the stretch goal burdens they had promised. Like that should be rule #1 for anyone trying to crowdfund a video game these days.

Haven’t seen the same phenomena so much with board games but I feel like in most of the projects that have done them it’s usually for better components or include additional content that was already in the planning stages. Also the overall level of effort I assume is lower for board game content vs video games. Which isn’t to say board game production is cheap and easy, but you don’t need as many people involved. Like you don’t need a programmer and a sound designer involved to add more cards to a card game.

Come on!! I'm hoping for some MP4 news, it's about time! Also a DK 2D platformer and a Platinum game (Astral Chain 2?). With ANY of those I'd be VERY happy!!

Haven't kept up with leaks or anything, but I did again use my Tarot deck to unequivocally confirm we're seeing Metroid Prime 4 today.

IMG-20240617-225325451.jpg

The Two of Swords reversed means indecision, turmoil, which is quite spot on for how the development process for Metroid Prime 4 and the wait for it has been.

The Six of Cups means kindness, nostalgia, reunion, childhood; and The World means achievement, success or fulfillment. Which means today we reunite with Samus, who we haven't seen in ages, and conclude this grueling wait.
I already told ya on the staff server that if this reading bears fruit, I'll officially consider you the third Queen of The Process, right behind Nicole Kidman and Samus Aran herself.

And if the reading doesn't bear fruit? Who cares, you're still a queen. The Process works in mysterious ways. #TTP

I already told ya on the staff server that if this reading bears fruit, I'll officially consider you the third Queen of The Process, right behind Nicole Kidman and Samus Aran herself.

And if the reading doesn't bear fruit? Who cares, you're still a queen. The Process works in mysterious ways. #TTP

Talking queens of the process and NOT mentioning Brie Larson?

Poll is closed!

Famiboards has thus predicted that Metroid, Fire Emblem, Zelda, Donkey Kong and Mario will show up.

Here's hoping!

Well, I may be in need of some help. In the last 6 hours I have watched the Prime 4 teaser from 7 years ago so many times I can't count them.

Famiboards has decreed no silksong.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering​

End of the road, I hope everyone gets something to look forward to and that this Direct brings some warm to everyone's hearts. It was a fun ride of speculation!! 💖

It's time! We did it!

TRUST THE PROCESS, THE UNDERTAKING AND UNBRIDLED HOPIUM

Back
Top Bottom