• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Live Show Nintendo Direct | 2024-06-18 | 7AM PT, 10AM ET, 4PM CEST | Uncompressed trailers for 4 games up, see threadmark!

Who will reveal themselves? (Up 5 votes)

• Mario

Votes: 42 37.8%
  • Link

Votes: 56 50.5%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • Samus Aran

Votes: 76 68.5%
  • Pit

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Fox McCloud

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • A spiky-haired guy in an SRPG

Votes: 58 52.3%
  • A bug

Votes: 25 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just remember, until recently Switch 2 was supposed to come out 3 months from now. Don't expect much here because of that.
You're right, but I also don't think it'll be quite as doomed as you say. I think expecting more than one small-ish first party release is unreasonable, but I think Nintendo can pull into their stash of cross gen releases and vault games (like prime remastered was) to give a respectable showing.

My wishlist are mainly remasters

Metroid 2 & 3, F- Zero GX, Kid Icarus Uprising, Zelea WW/ TP, Mario Galaxy 2

Of course im in for some surprises. Mainly Metroid Prime 4 or new 2D Zelda. Fire Emblem is okay, but im not hyped for it

You're right, but I also don't think it'll be quite as doomed as you say. I think expecting more than one small-ish first party release is unreasonable, but I think Nintendo can pull into their stash of cross gen releases and vault games (like prime remastered was) to give a respectable showing.
Nintendo still wants to sell a pretty hefty amount of Switch this year, so they have to have something cooking.

If all goes according to the process and patterns, this Direct will be the first Direct since 2021 with both Zelda and Metroid showing up.

Fuck. Yes.

Nintendo still wants to sell a pretty hefty amount of Switch this year, so they have to have something cooking.
I'm more inclined to think that they'll announce a price drop this show, mostly so it'll keep selling after switch 2 launches.

Which'll be cool don't get me wrong, but I don't think it will be something software related.

Haven't kept up with leaks or anything, but I did again use my Tarot deck to unequivocally confirm we're seeing Metroid Prime 4 today.

IMG-20240617-225325451.jpg

The Two of Swords reversed means indecision, turmoil, which is quite spot on for how the development process for Metroid Prime 4 and the wait for it has been.

The Six of Cups means kindness, nostalgia, reunion, childhood; and The World means achievement, success or fulfillment. Which means today we reunite with Samus, who we haven't seen in ages, and conclude this grueling wait.

If all goes according to the process and patterns, this Direct will be the first Direct since 2021 with both Zelda and Metroid showing up.

Fuck. Yes.
Didn’t we get both Zelda and Metroid in the February 2023 Direct with Tears of the Kingdom and Metroid Prime Remastered (and the Game Boy NSO games if you count them)?

I've consulted my stomach about Metroid Prime 4, and he's usually rather spot-on.

But instead of doing a "Yup" or "Nah" growl, it literally said to me "Dude ... it's at the Switch 2 reveal, not here ...".

Which was a first.

Fuck. Yes.
I know what you mean but last February there both Prime Remastered and Tears of the Kingdom appeared in the direct

I know what you mean but last February there both Prime Remastered and Tears of the Kingdom appeared in the direct

Didn’t we get both Zelda and Metroid in the February 2023 Direct with Tears of the Kingdom and Metroid Prime Remastered (and the Game Boy NSO games if you count them)?

Aah shit, forgot that.

My point being, Zelda and Metroid rules and any Direct with Zelda and Metroid is an instant 8/10 or above. (no matter the farming sims)

Fair enough, not long to wait now...

Speculating. Speculating the OBVIOUS that given a new generation was supposed to start in 3 months, this Direct isn't going to be anywhere near as good as people are hyping it up to be.

This ^^

There might be a Prime 4 teaser with the proper unveiling at the Switch 2 blow-out
My theory (aka copium) is that the February Direct was meant to be the "last hurrah" Direct. But because of the internal delay, they pulled those games and decided to show them later so they'd have titles to announce to hold us for the rest of the year. Hence the Partner showcase.

My hot take is I don't think the "EPD DK" game exists.

It just seems incomprehensible that EPD would make a Donkey Kong game, over a Mario one, especially one that would be cross gen/last year of switch 1.

I think what's more likely is the next 3D Mario has DK as an antagonist/rival character as opposed to Bowser.

Especially considering the Mario/DK dynamic established in the movie and Mario Vs DK, they seem to be wanting Mario and DK to be re-established as rivals.

IDK what to make of the 2D Zelda rumors though.

I have my daily status report meeting at 10:30 this morning. So I’m going to be able to passively follow the announcements for the first half of the show and then sit in suspense for 30 minutes or more which is going to be painful.

I might have to just go into further blackout mode at 10 🫠

I have my daily status report meeting at 10:30 this morning. So I’m going to be able to passively follow the announcements for the first half of the show and then sit in suspense for 30 minutes or more which is going to be painful.

We believe in you, stay strong 🫡

Roughly 2 hours to go !!

Can't wait to see how a new 2D Zelda will look. My wish is still for it to be very similar to Zelda II. Basically do for Zelda II what BotW did for Zelda 1. It feels both logical and super cool.

Won't be able to watch the Direct until six hours(!) after it starts, employment is overrated.

That said, thanks Pyoro! Because of them I've been avoiding youtube and reddit, and I got so much done yesterday!

But if Nintendo has to vault fucking ports of gamecube games for the launch of their new hardware, that's again, a fucking dire situation after such a successful console.

Won't be able to watch the Direct until six hours(!) after it starts, employment is overrated.

The idea is to be so successful to be in a position where you can easily watch (without sound though, out of respect for the others) the Direct without anyone daring to question you.

Ok I'm kinda beyond the point of thinking about anything else.

Final-Final Predictions: '
  • FE remake (2024)
  • Tomadachi Life (2024)
  • TP/WW Remasters (2024)
  • Prime 4 (2024)
  • Silksong appears, doesn't get a date
  • Splatoon 3 gets 6 month content extension (Sheldon's Picks, Fests & Amiibo)
Non-Game Announcements
  • No EPD DK
  • Nintendo Museum Segment
  • Zelda Movie Casting announcement
  • New NSO roadmap
Pretty much all the leaked 3rd party stuff happens.

Only ? is really the 2D zelda. It's possible, but I also think it might be a 2025 title? Not sure

But if Nintendo has to vault fucking ports of gamecube games for the launch of their new hardware, that's again, a fucking dire situation after such a successful console.
Hm? I think you're misunderstanding me.

I think the original plan was to launch this year with 3d Mario and Mariokart, and sprinkle the next few years with a few smaller cross gen titles to keep interest in switch v1 up. That way switch keeps selling for no real cost at nintendo. Then, because of the delay, some of the projects got pulled forward to pad out the year. It's pretty similar to the Wii U ports from early switch era.

Hey Shop. You’re not looking too great today. I think it’s that “10am Eastern/9am Central/8am Mountain/7am Pacific” bug that’s going around.

I’m thinking we’re going to have to reschedule your daily meeting as an email today on account of the roughly 40 minutes of bathroom-focused breaks you are going to need to take. (There will be no mention of Nintendo Switch successor during this lavatory usage.)

Is the YouTube Video stream live yet? I can’t watch it live but im gonna get a watch party later tonight going with some buddies of mine. I’d like to be able to place the video in my watch later.

Random question, that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact I just dusted my shelf with Amiibos, but what predicted games do people think will get amiibos? Will we see amiibos at all?

Personally I expect a small run (ie. 2 each) of amiibos for FE4 and Metroid Prime 4 or if we get a surprise Metroid 2D project. Same with Zelda.

Is the YouTube Video stream live yet? I can’t watch it live but im gonna get a watch party later tonight going with some buddies of mine. I’d like to be able to place the video in my watch later.

Watch party sounds fun! I used to have a Direct friend from the UK, we were voice chatting about the Direct.

I’m not expecting Prime 4 or a new DK game at this Direct. These are my aggressive, but somewhat realistic expectations.
  • New 2D Zelda (Nov)
  • F-Zero GX Remastered (Nov)
  • Super Mario Party 2 (Oct)
  • Fire Emblem 4 Remake (Sep)
  • Star Fox Assault Remastered (Aug)
  • Prime 2 + 3 HD Combo Pack (Jul)
  • Luigi’s Mansion HD (shadow drop)

Not predictions, just a wish list:

• Metroid Prime 2/3 remasters
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • WWHD & TPHD
  • New 2D Zelda or ALBW remake
  • OG Resident Evil 1-3 available on eShop today with a physical collection coming a little later
  • Dragon Quest III HD-2D or HD-2D trilogy
  • Dragon Quest/Warrior 1-4 and 5-6(translated) drop on NSO
  • NSO hopes: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, Secret of Evermore, Soul Blazer
  • New console for NSO, possibly Turbo Grafx 16 or Sega Master System
EDIT: Oh yeah....Mother 3 on NSO as well. I have a weird feeling. Is it finally time?

Last edited:
Watch party sounds fun! I used to have a Direct friend from the UK, we were voice chatting about the Direct.
My best friend is watching the Nintendo Direct live for the first time. I don't think they have ever watched a full Direct before, so I'm interested to hear an "outsider's" view on it
(They did not even know what Metroid is when I talked to them yesterday lol)

All right, with barely any time to go, I've been gone all day, so hit me: what are the vibes? How is everyone vibing? What does the vibe-o-meter say for you?

Hm? I think you're misunderstanding me.

I think the original plan was to launch this year with 3d Mario and Mariokart, and sprinkle the next few years with a few smaller cross gen titles to keep interest in switch v1 up. That way switch keeps selling for no real cost at nintendo. Then, because of the delay, some of the projects got pulled forward to pad out the year. It's pretty similar to the Wii U ports from early switch era.
Sorry, I misread. :(

All right, with barely any time to go, I've been gone all day, so hit me: what are the vibes? How is everyone vibing? What does the vibe-o-meter say for you?

On top.

I have not seen a single spoiler but my heart and soul whispers that there will be a 2D Zelda, there will be Prime 4, there will be a Donkey Kong game. Hopefully.

After the last Direct, I was fearful that 2024 would be an “exhaust pipe” year for Nintendo, with an over-reliance on remakes and ports.

Big going purely on hype instinct (and patterns) this’ll be a banger. I think there’s still some aces up the sleeve.

I'm vibing hard. I took a multi-vibamin when I woke up. All vibes through my veins.

Random question, that has absolutely nothing to do with the fact I just dusted my shelf with Amiibos, but what predicted games do people think will get amiibos? Will we see amiibos at all?

Personally I expect a small run (ie. 2 each) of amiibos for FE4 and Metroid Prime 4 or if we get a surprise Metroid 2D project. Same with Zelda.
I feel like we won’t see any new amiibo, but I hope I’m wrong. And if I am, I think you are dead on with the potential franchises and run size.

I hope they keep amiibo for Switch 2.

On top.

I have not seen a single spoiler but my heart and soul whispers that there will be a 2D Zelda, there will be Prime 4, there will be a Donkey Kong game. Hopefully.

After the last Direct, I was fearful that 2024 would be an “exhaust pipe” year for Nintendo, with an over-reliance on remakes and ports.

Big going purely on hype instinct (and patterns) this’ll be a banger. I think there’s still some aces up the sleeve.
I will remind you that both your heart and soul have made a commitment to support Ace Attorney. They'd better have energy to spare!

I'm excited for all of that, too, though (Prime 4 somewhat notwithstanding, as someone who has shamefully not played the Prime games, yet...).

I think there’s still some aces up the sleeve.
The possibility of Sakaguchi collaborating with Square-Enix on a console version of Fantasian has me incredibly excited. Not just because of getting Fantasian outside of Apple Arcade (which be financially viable for myself at the pace I play games and I hear it's a long one) but also because of just how many doors it opens.

• Splatoon 3 gets 6 month content extension (Sheldon's Picks, Fests & Amiibo)
I think this is a great prediction. I know some people think we may hear about the Final Fest, but if we see Splatoon 3, I’m leaning toward getting a date/teams for Summer Fest and/or an announcement that they are going to keep the freshness going a little longer. Like you mentioned, we still haven’t got the third kits yet, and it’d be weird (in a game so focused on the number 3) for them to skip them this time around.

Back
Top Bottom