• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Live Show Nintendo Direct | 2024-06-18 | 7AM PT, 10AM ET, 4PM CEST | Uncompressed trailers for 4 games up, see threadmark!

Who will reveal themselves? (Up 5 votes)

• Mario

Votes: 42 37.8%
  • Link

Votes: 56 50.5%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • Samus Aran

Votes: 76 68.5%
  • Pit

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Fox McCloud

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • A spiky-haired guy in an SRPG

Votes: 58 52.3%
  • A bug

Votes: 25 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not leaving my spoiler free bubble, but I'm getting mixed messages from people coming in. Has Pyoro spoiled anything major?

So did the Bird really go the whole day not spoiling anything first party wise?
There must be nothing to announce tomorrow from first party projects tomorrow.

giphy.webp

This is the first direct since it was announced that leaks happened because of YouTube's backend problem, and despite him swearing up and down that YouTube isn't his source this the first direct where Pyoro and basically every other leaker are silent or just making very easy guesses.

Not expecting much tbh. Zelda remakes, Prime remakes, GC/3ds remakes, sports games, Kirby random game. Hopefully I’ll be surprised but I’m really waiting for the Switch 2 Direct, that will be hype.

Even if the first-party announcements are terribly boring, Pyoro leaked Endless Ocean.
So if he knows something he will surely leak it.

Last edited:
He didn't leak Thousand Year Door, right? Maybe the announcements are SO hype that he doesn't want to spoil them? 🤞 I can hope
If I recall. TTYD was actually leaked by a fami user months prior to reveal. And they shared this news on here in a thread

I might be wrong. Just i recall it wasn’t seen as shocking to some

I was just thinking about Ubisoft’s E3 2017 show. “Don’t Cry Mr. Ubisoft Man” is definitely on my list of favorite E3 moments.

Such a great and fulfilling arc. The pre-E3 Mario+Rabbids marketing material leak getting met with such derision followed by a complete reversal in opinion once Miyamoto took the stage and the game got revealed. The director (and the entire team) definitely deserved that moment of glory after putting so much work into something some of them thought they’d only get to dream about.

Last edited:
Do you all think Nintendo goes a step further in the Direct tomorrow and vocally states there will be no Nintendo Switch Successor news or do you think they'll leave it at the Direct announcement?

I think, actually I hope someone asks a question at the shareholder meeting next Thursday Japan time about Switch 2.

Nintendo response: Please wait until September for more information regarding the Nintendo Switch successor. More details will be provided at a closer date.

They might but since they posted this in the tweet today: There will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during this presentation.

I don't think they will. I think it will be about games only.

There's a shot... But we've been saying this since 2021.

Surely we have to be right sometime. The Mario 3D All Stars was rumored for years and that turned out to be true. TP/WW port must be true too. Unless they save it for the September Direct. Worse case scenario, they're saving it for Switch 2 launch.

Since they've arrived at the very, very last batch of Wii U ports, it would be hilarious if they release Nintendo Land with some sort of peripheral, just like Ring Fit Adventure.

Hey, if the predictions about Nintendo DS are true, and if they can work that in, why not?

I was extremely busy all day and then went straight to a baseball game so I missed all the fun, but wooooo let’s go! I am both oddly hyped and not super hyped for this direct. I think it will not be amazing, but still good and give us plenty of fun surprises.

The best thing about being so busy is that I am now going to sleep and the Direct will be here pretty much right when I get up!

What will make me satisfied just by appearing: Metroid Prime 4
What I dream that will appear alongside that:
  • brand new 2D Zelda game starring Zelda;
  • Mario Party something;
  • Donkey Kong;
  • Kid Icarus Uprising;
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV/Apocalypse remasters;
  • something completely unexpected by Nintendo;
  • something completely unexpected as a 3rd party exclusive.

Hello, this is chocolate_supra. Nintendo will be broadcasting a Nintendo Direct early tomorrow morning, so I am now going to bed. Any shitposts I have prepared will be releasing after I've had sleep, so please continue to look forward to them.

H-6 !

I refine my predictions (only Nintendo and Square Enix games) :

Sure at 100%
  • Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Dragon Quest III HD-2D
Likely
  • Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
  • Pokemon Legend Z-A
  • The Legend of Zelda
No
  • Donkey Kong
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Final Fantasy Tactics
  • Hollow Knight Silksong

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Kirby.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War (if it exist) came out in early 2025 because of Dragon Quest III HD-2D.

Last edited:
Less than 6 hours !!

I'm doing my full-blown predictions as well.

The average Direct has around 25-30 games, so I'm going to challenge myself to predict 30 games.

Guaranteed:
Luigi's Mansion 2 HD
Dragon Quest III Remake
BG&E Anniversary
House of The Dead 2 Remake
Lego Horizon

Big chance:
Metroid Prime 2 Port
Metroid Prime 4
New 2D Zelda
Fire Emblem 4 Remake
Xenoblade Warriors
Pokémon
Hi-Fi Rush
Kirby

Smaller chance:
A Rare game on NSO
Donkey Kong
New Yoshi
Ace Attorney 7
AI: The Somnium Files
Bravely Default III

Little chance:
Kid Icarus
Snipperclips 2
Skies of Arcadia Remaster
StarTropics
Art Academy sequel
F Zero GX Remaster

Hopium:
ARMS 2
Astral Chain 2
Star Fox
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE sequel
New Giant Sparrow game

Who would have thought that first party might be boring given we're about to, you know, enter a new console generation, that was supposed to begin in 3-6 months. Who would have thought.

Prime 4 might get a 10 second tease at the very end, but it'll be properly unveiled at the Swich 2 blowout I think.

Who would have thought that first party might be boring given we're about to, you know, enter a new console generation, that was supposed to begin in 3-6 months. Who would have thought.

Prime 4 might get a 10 second tease at the very end, but it'll be properly unveiled at the Swich 2 blowout I think.
I don't know if you're referring to leaks or just speculating, but it is a no spoiler thread.

Here’s my Nintendo predictions

New Donkey Kong 2D Platformer

Donkey Kong 94, Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong 64 released on Switch Online

More Rare games confirmed for release over the next few months

Super Luigi Wonder DLC pack

Super Mario Run Switch Port for NSO members

Tears of the Kingdom Master Mode update

Metroid Prime 2 and 3 HD

Teaser Trailer and name reveal for Metroid Prime 4

New Pyoro tweet -- be careful everyone!

My eyes are still blurry from waking up, so luckily I wasn't spoiled after my phone gave me the tweet as a notification for some reason. I don't even follow that darn bird, so I am confused.

I don't know if you're referring to leaks or just speculating, but it is a no spoiler thread.

Speculating. Speculating the OBVIOUS that given a new generation was supposed to start in 3 months, this Direct isn't going to be anywhere near as good as people are hyping it up to be.

Not expecting much tbh. Zelda remakes, Prime remakes, GC/3ds remakes, sports games, Kirby random game. Hopefully I’ll be surprised but I’m really waiting for the Switch 2 Direct, that will be hype.

This ^^

There might be a Prime 4 teaser with the proper unveiling at the Switch 2 blow-out

New Pyoro tweet -- be careful everyone!

My eyes are still blurry from waking up, so luckily I wasn't spoiled after my phone gave me the tweet as a notification for some reason. I don't even follow that darn bird, so I am confused.

The pace of the spoiler thread has been making me nervous, haha. I assumed as much.

Luckily the only social media I even (barely) use is Instagram, and my reels are all made up of guitar accounts. So unless Yngwie Malmsteen leaks the Direct, I'm fine.

The pace of the spoiler thread has been making me nervous, haha. I assumed as much.

Luckily the only social media I even (barely) use is Instagram, and my reels are all made up of guitar accounts. So unless Yngwie Malmsteen leaks the Direct, I'm fine.

Oh don't worry, most of it is arguing whose take on that Pyoro tease is right and why the others are wrong. ;D

You're not missing out much.

Of course, you're missing out on my dad-jokes, but that's something different.

Oh don't worry, most of it is arguing whose take on that Pyoro tease is right and why the others are wrong. ;D

You're not missing out much.

Of course, you're missing out on my dad-jokes, but that's something different.
That's fine, I can read your dad jokes and enjoy the false sense of superiority when I scroll through it later and point and laugh at the people who were wrong. 😈

Speculating. Speculating the OBVIOUS that given a new generation was supposed to start in 3 months, this Direct isn't going to be anywhere near as good as people are hyping it up to be.

This ^^

There might be a Prime 4 teaser with the proper unveiling at the Switch 2 blow-out
Fair enough. I haven't played much before switch-wii U era, so that'll still be new for me.

I'm still really excited but recognize this direct probably won't be for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom