• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion NintendoLife: Every game from the Wholesome Direct 2022 coming to Switch, over 50 games

PixelKnight

Observing the process
Pronouns
He/Him
I was going to mark up a list of the Switch games myself, but seeing as Kate Gray at NL has done it, seems easier just to link that!

Lots of gentle sim games here, amidst others, great if you’ve got kids or want a break from the usual rpgs, shooters and Metroidvanias etc, or even if you just want to see some game design and art styles outside of the usual stuff promoted at this time of year.

Last edited:
Thanks for the thread, I've been looking for a roundup like this.
No worries. It’s also so the next time someone goes ‘the industry is only sci-fi horror games!’ I can point out that there’s tons of stuff that don’t get a fraction of the coverage, or, indeed, interest on mainstream games forums mostly focused on first party/AAA stuff. And that’s fine. But it doesn’t mean more varied stuff, that’s less violent, doesn’t exist. If I was gonna identify a trend in them, ‘making happy communities’ and ‘games with bears in them’ seem popular. And that feels really laudable :)

Any LGBTQIA+ themed games I should be aware of?
I think Coffee Talk was pretty inclusive, so I’d be surprised if CT2 wasn’t.

Not too sure about the others, or at least, I couldn’t tell from the trailers and brief write-up.

There's a LOT of good stuff here.

Mika and the Witch's Mountain is essentially Kiki's Delivery Service the Game, and I am HERE for it

Is there anything with local multiplayer? I feel like that's never super common with Indie World presentations and stuff like this even though you'd think it would be. At least, people never talk about it.

So many games I'm interested in. I don't know if I'll get all of them on the switch as I may go pc for a couple.

Puffpals looks like a calmer Animal Crossing like game lol. Paper Animal RPG really stood out to me for obvious reasons. Potion Permit looks interesting. Snacko needs a release date now lol. Other than that there was Wholesome: Out and About, Moonstone Island, Ooblets, and Ova Magica,

The one game that has me the most hyped though was Pixelshire.

Back
Top Bottom