• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

NSO Nintendo Switch Online: How many games are on the service?

Bro3256

Rattata
Pronouns
he/him
Ever since the launch of the Nintendo Switch Online service, I've been keeping track on the new additions to the service. In particular the classic games offered through the dozens of apps. I've been wondering not only on what the current total number of NSO games there are, but the pace of them too and so a few years back I created a Neocities site. This site keeps track of releases worldwide with the total number of games added on the front page and how many games were added within a year. This list doesn't count regional or version differences (so Punch-Out!! Special and Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream are counted as one game for example) nor does it count the "special versions" of existing games. All this list keeps track of all the games on the service, but like I mentioned this list combines what you find in Japan/Hong Kong/Taiwan and Internationally. There are some games exclusive to each region but just as long as it released on the service to begin with, it counts towards this list.

You may have noticed the site if you clicked through it, I am not a web designer nor do I have any experience with making websites. I can barely get by with the little I know and it was only recently that I had a friend of mine clean some parts up but I still need to find the time to fully clean the rest up. There are also some unfinished parts of the site as well including most of the list for Japan, and I typically don't update the International list until a bit later. At the very least I do try to keep the front page updated the second new games drop on the service. Despite it's flaws I thought I'd at least share this since I'd consider it to be a quick and handy resource regardless. Sure you could probably just look this stuff up on Wikipedia but this site gives you a number to work with the second you load in, so if you wanted to ask how many games are offered on Nintendo Switch Online you have your answer.

Any suggestions for the site would be greatly appreciated.

This is a cool resource! I actually thought there would be more games than there are. I suppose it comes down to a Nintendo subscription model not being as appealing to third parties as standalone purchases were/are. Since I expect Switch 2 to not reset the service, I really wonder how Nintendo will continue to grow these offerings over the next 5+ years.

This is a cool resource! I actually thought there would be more games than there are. I suppose it comes down to a Nintendo subscription model not being as appealing to third parties as standalone purchases were/are. Since I expect Switch 2 to not reset the service, I really wonder how Nintendo will continue to grow these offerings over the next 5+ years.
Part of the problem is that third parties have been bundling and reselling their classic games in collections.. Good deal of the NES virtual console was Megaman and Castlevania sequels.

Though we also are missing the Turbo Grafx and Master System.

For the sake of clarity, it might be useful to list regional Virtual Console totals. Japan got over 600 VC titles on Wii, but North America got 398, and Europe 385. There was an enormous number of Japanese exclusives on the Wii which really distorts comparisons.

But this is a fun little site. I'd actually been looking up the totals myself last week, and was surprised to see multiple years with over 40 games added to NSO. Hopefully they keep up that pace the next few years.

Ever since the launch of the Nintendo Switch Online service, I've been keeping track on the new additions to the service. In particular the classic games offered through the dozens of apps. I've been wondering not only on what the current total number of NSO games there are, but the pace of them too and so a few years back I created a Neocities site. This site keeps track of releases worldwide with the total number of games added on the front page and how many games were added within a year. This list doesn't count regional or version differences (so Punch-Out!! Special and Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream are counted as one game for example) nor does it count the "special versions" of existing games. All this list keeps track of all the games on the service, but like I mentioned this list combines what you find in Japan/Hong Kong/Taiwan and Internationally. There are some games exclusive to each region but just as long as it released on the service to begin with, it counts towards this list.

You may have noticed the site if you clicked through it, I am not a web designer nor do I have any experience with making websites. I can barely get by with the little I know and it was only recently that I had a friend of mine clean some parts up but I still need to find the time to fully clean the rest up. There are also some unfinished parts of the site as well including most of the list for Japan, and I typically don't update the International list until a bit later. At the very least I do try to keep the front page updated the second new games drop on the service. Despite it's flaws I thought I'd at least share this since I'd consider it to be a quick and handy resource regardless. Sure you could probably just look this stuff up on Wikipedia but this site gives you a number to work with the second you load in, so if you wanted to ask how many games are offered on Nintendo Switch Online you have your answer.

This is great! I noticed the home page mentions Wii U VC games. Do you have pages with details for those games too?

For the sake of clarity, it might be useful to list regional Virtual Console totals. Japan got over 600 VC titles on Wii, but North America got 398, and Europe 385. There was an enormous number of Japanese exclusives on the Wii which really distorts comparisons.

But this is a fun little site. I'd actually been looking up the totals myself last week, and was surprised to see multiple years with over 40 games added to NSO. Hopefully they keep up that pace the next few years.
Yeah I've been wanting to somehow sort out the different regions. I could create new pages for each Virtual Console iteration that breaks down the totals but I probably can't give a list of games since that would take far more time than listing out NSO.

This is sweet im going to bookmark the site!

Back
Top Bottom