• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack |ST| New Summer 2024 Poll!

Starting June 19th, which library will add the most games to the service by the end of 2024?

• NES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SNES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N64

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • GB/GBC

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • GBA

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Sega Genesis

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
Like I said in the Direct thread, I'm fairly certain we're being punked here. @V_ac just made a good point in the other thread, if this was actually real there'd probably be more people posting about it rather than just one dude on Reddit.

I think you guys overestimate people I do think it's possible that it is real lol
I am a firm believer of "Capcom prefers to milk Megman for collections."

So cant fool me with that classic photoshop leak.
I think Capcom doesn't care about the GB games that much.
They're worse games, just like Wily Wars, that one is always handled in collections that aren't in-house, even, and I think that's why Wily Wars showed up in the first place on NSO Expansion Pack.

Those games will definitely come to NSO eventually but it seems unlikely they'd add all 5 at once

Blury pictures? We are definitely in leak season.

Whether or not it happens immediately, the Mega Man GB games on NSO makes a lot of sense. I don't think Capcom sees that much sales potential putting those Mega Man games in a separate collection. Dumping them on the NSO would be great.

The GB games aren't (and won't be) collected so Capcom won't mind putting them on NSO. They have plenty of other "exclusives" on NSO already.

The idea of MMV on NSO thpugh really makes me wish NERD would add a Super GB option to the app.

I think you guys overestimate people I do think it's possible that it is real lol

I think Capcom doesn't care about the GB games that much.
They're worse games, just like Wily Wars, that one is always handled in collections that aren't in-house, even, and I think that's why Wily Wars showed up in the first place on NSO Expansion Pack.
Megaman V and "worse games" don't go to gether at all

No Super Game Boy borders on NSO continues to be a missed opportunity.
I hope they're saving Donkey Kong 94 for an update that adds Super Game Boy functionality.

donkeykong94.jpg

I cannot confirm information about Mega Man titles being added to NSO.

But I can confirm that updates have been made to the GBO servers in past few weeks.

So it might be related to rumors of Mega Man GB titles coming to NSO.
Thanks for the info! And welcome to Famiboards 😊

Blury pictures? We are definitely in leak season.

Whether or not it happens immediately, the Mega Man GB games on NSO makes a lot of sense. I don't think Capcom sees that much sales potential putting those Mega Man games in a separate collection. Dumping them on the NSO would be great.
They could put things like Mega Man and Bass and Mega Man Soccer on a GB/GBC collection. I could see it being a low hanging fruit digital release even if unlikely. I think NSO makes more sense for these though.

But I can confirm that updates have been made to the GBO servers in past few weeks.

Thanks for the info.

Plus i can definitely see third party studios giving Nintendo some of their Smaller titles to be on NSO, since mega man on GB wouldn't really warrant a full release online.

For those who're here do we know how Nintendo gets third party's games on NSO? since do they just buy it for some money or is it how many hours people are engaging and they pay with it, similar to Gamepass.

If this is all true, it would be neat if they emulated RE2 N64 edition and mega-man 64, since those are neat, with that this might be beginning of third party studios being part of NSO, which is exciting.

Also Midori, since your main expertise is Sega/Atlus, do you know why the Mega Drive isn't getting updated on NSO, since it was stated it was one of the reason NSO got a price hike, were people not engaging and spending time on it? Other than that, thanks for the Info.

thank you!

So this place is like a hub for all leakers, huh? Well hello Midori, thanks for being a cool leaker

We are past due for an N64 or GBA drop since there was nothing for expansion pack in May.

Hope we get something tonight? Otherwise hopefully we get a big shadowdrop in the Direct.

We are past due for an N64 or GBA drop since there was nothing for expansion pack in May.

Hope we get something tonight? Otherwise hopefully we get a big shadowdrop in the Direct.

I'm hoping that Nintendo has been holding back for a bigger blowout in the Direct.

I dunno if I'd find it weird or not for them to do a seperate NSO update shortly before the Direct tbh.
On the one hand, why not save it for the Direct? On the other hand, that'd mean more time for other stuff in the Direct I suppose?

I dunno if I'd find it weird or not for them to do a seperate NSO update shortly before the Direct tbh.
On the one hand, why not save it for the Direct? On the other hand, that'd mean more time for other stuff in the Direct I suppose?

It also depends on when the direct is. If we are getting it sometime in the next 7 days, then an update tonight makes little sense. If the direct isn't until late June, then I could see there being room for an NSO update sometime in the next week or so.

It also depends on when the direct is. If we are getting it sometime in the next 7 days, then an update tonight makes little sense. If the direct isn't until late June, then I could see there being room for an NSO update sometime in the next week or so.
that's sorta where I'm at

No update this week -> good sign the direct is next week

update tonight -> probably looking at the 3rd or 4th week of June instead

I’m thinking we could get a dev/publisher multi system drop like Rare a few months back. A Capcom pack(that had gb and 64 Megamans) would be solid, tho personally I’d love a Konami pack. Plus likely a rare part 2. A new roadmap for the back half of the year isn’t out of the question either

My thinking is on the lines that if the NSO update is saved for the Direct, it means they have another roadmap or something substantial to show off. God knows it's well overdue, and I have a feeling given this could be the last or at least penultimate Switch-only Direct, they probably need all the padding they can get.

All this surprise over Mega Man on NSO when 1, 2, and 3 been on the MD app for almost 2 years! Though it is nice for the GameBoy games to get some time to shine, since it feels like those are often forgotten. It would also be nice if there was some more Capcom collaboration in general, so we could get some games on other consoles like 64. Mighty Final Fight and the NES version of Strider's not likely to be released anywhere else!

... It's almost been a year since our last MD update, though. Pls give us something on the roadmap ;-;

My thinking is on the lines that if the NSO update is saved for the Direct, it means they have another roadmap or something substantial to show off. God knows it's well overdue, and I have a feeling given this could be the last or at least penultimate Switch-only Direct, they probably need all the padding they can get.
Nintendo is the only company that can make GB mega-man games hyped.

Also it would make for a note worthy discussion which third party studio will be next to give Nintendo some of their older titles.

I put no stock into the Willy Wars on NSO meaning anything for Capcom. Those games were made for the Genesis mini and M2 made the emulator for NSO. Was easy to just let it happen on there and probably had some overlap with the development. Same with the Konami games.

Maybe to get GB/NES/SNES out of the way for the month and save a GBA/N64 drop for the direct?

I want to play Smash 64 on NSO. Do you think it will happens soon?
It will happen eventually, but who knows how soon. There aren’t very many first-party Nintendo 64 games left to put on NSO, though, so it’ll probably happen sooner rather than later. Maybe within the next year? It really depends on how long Nintendo is going to stretch out their last few first-party N64 games (or at least the ones that are viable for NSO).

here's a different pic from someone in the Nintendo reddit.

meanwhile here's the original post from a different user

it seeming more likely it's real.

I'm guessing a shadow drop today or maybe the next direct will be more NSO focus, which includes a roadmap.

Wonder if there’ll also be an expansion pack drop since they tend to pair up for the directs. Megaman 64 would be neat

Oh goddamn it actually is likely real all along lmao

Yeah that was originally the weird thing to me, that at first only one guy from Reddit was posting it.

Back
Top Bottom