• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack |ST| New Summer 2024 Poll!

Starting June 19th, which library will add the most games to the service by the end of 2024?

• NES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SNES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N64

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • GB/GBC

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • GBA

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Sega Genesis

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
We’re getting a trailer today? Also hoping for Metroid Zero mission or the GBA remake of Kirby.

If we get a GBA drop this week I'm half expecting a random third party shadowdrop like N64 got last month.

Any big first party games would get saved for a roadmap in the June Direct, I think.

Manifesting Sacred Stones.

tumblr_n9yw5bsbHx1s5h198o1_500.gif

Wouldn't it be tomorrow/Thursday for the drop? They don't always give us a trailer a day or more in advance (heh)
Lately NSO drops have been Tuesday nights (at least for my time, EST) rather than Thursdays; probably related to retail releases having moved to Thursdays starting with Endless Ocean

Today should be the day for the May drop. I don't know why, but I'm expecting Metroid ZM, Wario Land 4 or A Link to the Past/Four Swords. I really hope we Will get Zero Mission.

Plenty of times before, we thought Nintendo would skip a month for the expansion pack and then they came through in the last second. I smell a shadow drop in the next 48 hours.

The streak is broken.

i mean

i kinda ain't surprised

the roadmap was over for GBA, N64 seemed to be catchup month for JP so they just approved something random for non JP, and we're on the verge of direct time. GB just finished its roadmap too.

We'll likely get some random EP game like Smash 64 or something at the direct, and maybe a GBA roadmap, or more than likely, no roadmap at all and they just wing it until switch 2.

Would love if they announced Sega CD and revived the genesis thing at the direct as their big hold-over announcement, but i'm doubtful.

Anyone else wanna join me on the delusional "localized Mother 3 in the June Direct" train?

Ever-so-slightly more realistic, maybe this is when they finally pull the trigger on rolling out mainline Pokemon games, since there doesn't seem to be a mainline Pokemon title for this fall

Anyone else wanna join me on the delusional "localized Mother 3 in the June Direct" train?

Ever-so-slightly more realistic, maybe this is when they finally pull the trigger on rolling out mainline Pokemon games, since there doesn't seem to be a mainline Pokemon title for this fall
You have my sword

I think there's probably a better chance of a "mother 3 Direct" where it's hosted by the mothers of 3 Nintendo employees than there is of a "Mother 3 Direct" where they localize the game

What happened to the mega drive? Since that was the culprit for the price hike.

My dream? The SCD hope I had just now.

The likely reality? M2 got bored of it due to boring people only playing sonic 2 and streets of rage 2 and golden axe and nothing else and the numbers weren't there. Same reason Sega Ages died off (only sonic/puyo/outrun sold)

I'm with you. Mother 3 cannot be stuck forever. Itoi's quote must mean something, and the Mother 2 concert being worldwide isn't because it's not successful.

The truth is out there.

Last time we didn't get a game for the expansion pack was on July 2023 iirc. But then we got Stadium 2 at the beggining on August as a Pokémon Present's shadowdrop, and then on late August we got Excitebike 64. So maybe they are saving some big drop for the upcoming direct.

Friday night Mega Drive dump let's gooooo

A bigger update timed with the Direct seems about right though. Maybe Rare's DK games base and EP, so another five game wave like February.

Friday night Mega Drive dump let's gooooo

A bigger update timed with the Direct seems about right though. Maybe Rare's DK games base and EP, so another five game wave like February.
I mean, now that the roadmap is done, they kinda have to give us an update in a Direct... right?

Will there be +18 versions of Famicom, Super Famicom, Game Boy and Mega Drive for the Japanese NSO?
I think Nintendo should dump all Piko Interactive games there. After all they added Jet Force Gemini, even if it feels like a kiddy Saturday Morning Cartoon.

Will there be +18 versions of Famicom, Super Famicom, Game Boy and Mega Drive for the Japanese NSO?
I think Nintendo should dump all Piko Interactive games there. After all they added Jet Force Gemini, even if it feels like a kiddy Saturday Morning Cartoon.
I don't expect 18+ version of Famicom or Game Boy to be honest. For Super Famicom it depends if they wanna rerelease Mortal Kombat.
But I don't really expect 18+ versions of the rest compared to N64...

For Piko games: Well I'd kinda like to see more but I wonder if they see things differently now after a couple games on NSO...

I swear, if the DK icons this month don't lead to DK '94 (at minimum) I'm going to be mighty cross

For Super Famicom it depends if they wanna rerelease Mortal Kombat
I thought the first MK was censored (blood changed to grey "sweat" along with fatality changes) and it was the second game that wasn't censored.

I swear, if the DK icons this month don't lead to DK '94 (at minimum) I'm going to be mighty cross

I thought the first MK was censored (blood changed to grey "sweat" along with fatality changes) and it was the second game that wasn't censored.
Maybe they could release the MK Trilogy on N64 through an eventual 18+ app released in North America. I imagine given Konami's (...I don't know why I thought this was Konami instead of WB) tendencies as of late they'd want more money for licensing so it'd be stuck behind the EP paywall anyways.

Or alternatively I wonder if the Sega Genesis and SNES games might get re-rated. Could they theoretically be re-rated by ESRB given how old those games are to fall under the Teen umbrella instead of Mature?

Last edited:
I don't expect 18+ version of Famicom or Game Boy to be honest. For Super Famicom it depends if they wanna rerelease Mortal Kombat.
But I don't really expect 18+ versions of the rest compared to N64...

For Piko games: Well I'd kinda like to see more but I wonder if they see things differently now after a couple games on NSO...
That would imply WB is finally ready to rerelease the classic MK titles and I don't think we live in that timeline yet.

Cross your fingers? WB has already given us one of their C titles in the quest for Camelot so I wouldn’t rule out any dormant series
Nintendo is listed as the publisher for that game. It's possible they retained the rights to the gameboy game itself indefinitely.

As I'm, can't remake it or make a sequel, but we kept the rights to the original gameboy game.

Kind of like for the tv show Doug, Disney owns the ip and rights for future stuff and the tv/movies they made, but Nickelodeon retains the rights to the original episodes they produced indefinitely.

Quoted by: Tye
Nintendo is listed as the publisher for that game. It's possible they retained the rights to the gameboy game itself indefinitely.

As I'm, can't remake it or make a sequel, but we kept the rights to the original gameboy game.

Kind of like for the tv show Doug, Disney owns the ip and rights for future stuff and the tv/movies they made, but Nickelodeon retains the rights to the original episodes they produced indefinitely.
I kind of suspect that Nintendo being listed as the publisher is an error or something, because as far as the game’s copyright is concerned, Nintendo doesn’t own the game at all; Titus does, and Warner Bros. owns the IP. They published it originally, yes, but that doesn’t mean they own the game, and the copyright is clear in showing no ownership by Nintendo. And given that the “publisher” field in the NSO apps is essentially “current copyright holder” rather than publisher, I don’t understand why Nintendo would be listed there at all for this game.

There’s another anomalous case like this on NSO, too—the Japanese version of Blast Corps has Nintendo listed as the “publisher” even though Xbox Game Studios is instead listed outside of Japan as you’d expect.

Last edited:
Fully believe they're saving the drop for the June Direct

For N64, I'm feelin' like it'll be Donkey Kong 64 and Super Smash Bros. to celebrate the 25th anniversary of those games.

If we were to get a wb game, I'd personally want Tiny Toons Adventures: Buster Busts loose, or the adventures of Batman and robin for snes or genesis

Fully believe they're saving the drop for the June Direct

For N64, I'm feelin' like it'll be Donkey Kong 64 and Super Smash Bros. to celebrate the 25th anniversary of those games.
I think we are going to get another Rareware drop, a Part 2 to the Constellation Collection, if you wanna call it that. (There is the whole thing where you can see the outlines of more NES/N64 boxes in the background outlined but no picture in them)

five-rare-games-now-available-to-nintendo-switch-online-subbers-cover65d6191e93c93.jpg

I think we are going to get another Rareware drop, a Part 2 to the Constellation Collection, if you wanna call it that. (There is the whole thing where you can see the outlines of more NES/N64 boxes in the background outlined but no picture in them)

five-rare-games-now-available-to-nintendo-switch-online-subbers-cover65d6191e93c93.jpg

I can totally see that! DK64, Perfect Dark, Banjo-Tooie and Diddy Kong Racing!

So Dk64, DDR and Killer Instinct Gold

I think the 2 mystery N64 boxes are Banjo Tooie and Pefect Dark. DK64 and DKR would be more considered Nintendo universe games while Tooie and Perfect Dark are more Rare universe

Back
Top Bottom