• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Switch 2 Speculation Thread |ST| The Future is just Beyond the Present

What is the big day 1 launch game for successor of the Nintendo Switch System?

• 3D Mario

Votes: 205 80.4%
  • 2D Mario

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Donkey Kong

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Metroid Prime 4: Beyond

Votes: 21 8.2%
  • Pokemon Legends: Z-A

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Star Fox

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • New IP

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Mario Kart

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Super Smash Bros

• Splatoon

• Animal Crossing

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Zelda

• Total voters
I mean,
I read about Brazil's new rumor but I'm woefully behind on speculation. Is there a consensus or idea of what the 2025 re-releases might be? Maybe one of the GCN Zeldas and Kid Icarus?

Posted this elsewhere as well but this ‘more remasters coming after March 2025’ thing is pretty obvious anyway right? Like, they’ve been remastering games for a while now and they tend to sell well so they won’t just stop once Switch 2 launches. Sure, they may slow down how many come out per year depending on the release schedule but they won’t stop coming out especially when they are easier wins for OG Switch. I would expect we see remakes/masters of all the biggest games from Ninty’s back catalogue.

Personally, I will believe any leaker that claims that Capcom is going to push Resident Evil hard on Switch 2, because A) it makes sense considering what we know (e.g. the strong sales of legacy RE titles on Switch) and B) because I want it to happen.

I wonder if valves new game Deadlock will release on the switch 2 or just be PC only.
I will be shot for this, but it absolutely will be PC only. Valve has a poor history with consoles and their live services. Team Fortress 2 and CSGO both got ported to consoles but neither had long standing support... or any support for that matter. DOTA 2 and CS2 are both PC exclusives also, and the only reason why Portal 2 got ported to Switch at all was because Nvidia did all the work for half the profits. It's clear that Valve doesn't care about consoles and prefers to remain on their pile of gold. If someone is willing to do all the work and port all the updates themselves, then maybe, but like hell that'll ever happen.

I will be shot for this, but it absolutely will be PC only. Valve has a poor history with consoles and their live services. Team Fortress 2 and CSGO both got ported to consoles but neither had long standing support... or any support for that matter. DOTA 2 and CS2 are both PC exclusives also, and the only reason why Portal 2 got ported to Switch at all was because Nvidia did all the work for half the profits. It's clear that Valve doesn't care about consoles and prefers to remain on their pile of gold. If someone is willing to do all the work and port all the updates themselves, then maybe, but like hell that'll ever happen.
Yeah... Valve has no interest in consoles, same goes for Nintendo when it comes to multiplatform.

Like if Valve cared, they would have already ported their legacy contend to consoles, but why bother.

Like maybe when Gabe steps down it's a possibility, since CSGO 2 would make absolute bank in consoles, mostly because of the microtransaction.

Yeah... Valve has no interest in consoles, same goes for Nintendo when it comes to multiplatform.

Like if Valve cared, they would have already ported their legacy contend to consoles, but why bother.

Like maybe when Gabe steps down it's a possibility, since CSGO 2 would make absolute bank in consoles, mostly because of the microtransaction.
I almost agree with all of this, but "When Gabe steps down" implies he has final say over the matter. Nah, Valve is a company with a flat structure, shit happens if any employee wants to do it. Gabe is pretty much only a CEO by title, he basically just enjoys his role as non-director and plays DotA2/works on neuralink stuff in the meantime. If Nvidia gets Valve onboard to port their live service stuff to Switch, that's pretty much the only reality i can see where Switch 2 gets any games from them. HL2 seems likely given the RTX Remix work being done, but that's about it.

Personally, I will believe any leaker that claims that Capcom is going to push Resident Evil hard on Switch 2, because A) it makes sense considering what we know (e.g. the strong sales of legacy RE titles on Switch) and B) because I want it to happen.
In case of Resident Evil on Switch it’s not a matter of if, but when.

They’ll start with native versions of RE VII, Village, 2, 3 and 4.

… I’d buy a Resident Evil Remake collection Capcom. Just saying

Capcom has been strong about supporting Switch with everything that was easy to port, and a lot of what they couldn't port they did cloud versions. Full ports of the more recent games is inevitable on Switch 2.

Capcom has been strong about supporting Switch with everything that was easy to port, and a lot of what they couldn't port they did cloud versions. Full ports of the more recent games is inevitable on Switch 2.
Do we know who had the initiative for cloud games? Feels to me like a case of the cloud service company approaching publishers.

In case of Resident Evil on Switch it’s not a matter of if, but when.

They’ll start with native versions of RE VII, Village, 2, 3 and 4.

… I’d buy a Resident Evil Remake collection Capcom. Just saying
Yes, agreed. I know Capcom will support the system, but I want them to be very bullish about it, thus the "push hard" bit from my previous comment. Other than Nintendo, they're probably my favorite developer in the entire world, so I want them to go into Switch 2 with guns a-blazing; legacy ports, recent(-ish) ports, day 1 releases... I want it all, and I hope they deliver.

Posted this elsewhere as well but this ‘more remasters coming after March 2025’ thing is pretty obvious anyway right?
Well, obvious things are still news if they're confirmed. It's obvious a Switch 2 is coming, but leaks about it are still newsworthy. But the specific Brazil news wasn't "more remasters coming" but "Remasters are coming to Switch 1 after the launch of Switch 2."

I think most people expected continued Switch 1 support after launch, but it wasn't a given. How the support would go was a big question - would all games be cross gen for a while (like Xbox Series)? Would most games be exclusive, but a few long-in-dev games cross gen (PS5)? Or a third thing?

A much theorized "third thing" would be that Nintendo would continue to support the old hardware for a while, but not with EPD resources. Putting out the sorts of games on Switch 1 that would traditionally go late gen on their handhelds in the past. That means Kirby (HAL), Yoshi (GoodFeel), yes, Pokemon (GameFreak) and the kinds of remakes and remaster that Switch is still a big enough leap over the original hardware to do justice, and which can easily be farmed out to devs who can use old game as a template, without EPD sitting over their shoulder.

3DS remakes already seem sorta strange. The 3DS is just one gen back, in handheld terms, and a totally different form factor. That Nintendo has not one but two remakes coming to Switch 1 after the Switch 2 launches, and that one of them is from 3DS really makes the "third thing" seem likely.

3DS remakes already seem sorta strange. The 3DS is just one gen back, in handheld terms, and a totally different form factor. That Nintendo has not one but two remakes coming to Switch 1 after the Switch 2 launches, and that one of them is from 3DS really makes the "third thing" seem likely.
some 3DS games hold up well. some definitely don't. if I were nintendo, I'd chose something that I don't have to put a significant amount of work into

and for that reason, I tend to say Kid Icarus is out of the running. might just do a total remake or jump into a sequel for Drake

some 3DS games hold up well. some definitely don't. if I were nintendo, I'd chose something that I don't have to put a significant amount of work into

and for that reason, I tend to say Kid Icarus is out of the running. might just do a total remake or jump into a sequel for Drake
I would love a complete version of fire emblem awakening

But honestly I would like Kid Icarus or Metroid Samus Returns more

I would love a complete version of fire emblem awakening

But honestly I would like Kid Icarus or Metroid Samus Returns more
I still think Samus Returns isn't super unlikely. It wouldn't require a massive overhaul, especially with Dread already being around. You don't even have to adjust the game to newer controls much, unlike Kid Icarus. Also would be an easy way to keep the discussion around Metroid alive until Metroid 6

I think the 3DS game is Pilotwings Resort

No reason, just what I feel fits more the vibes of end of a generation (even though Pilotwings is often a launch title for systems)

Kid Icarus Uprising seems like a Herculean task to port bc the controls, plus is it even going to sell well? At least, well compared to other potential projects? I'm leaning more towards a Kirby collection with Triple Deluxe and Robobot, especially because we never got Deluxe versions of some mini games. Kirby is a guaranteed seller and you don't gotta change squat to get it working on modern hardware.

Kid Icarus Uprising seems like a Herculean task to port bc the controls, plus is it even going to sell well? At least, well compared to other potential projects? I'm leaning more towards a Kirby collection with Triple Deluxe and Robobot, especially because we never got Deluxe versions of some mini games. Kirby is a guaranteed seller and you don't gotta change squat to get it working on modern hardware.
I would agree with this but with Vanpool dead the entire Kirby pipeline has been upended

Gen 6 chibi model is ironically better than BDSP lol
BDSP is such a travesty of a game it's unreal

Say what you will about Game Freak but their games have always felt good to play (except SV because of its frame rate), with snappy and stylish UIs

BDSP is a failure even when it comes to that, selecting moves in battle feels off, like there was a gigantic input delay and the UI was this static, unintuitive array of mismatched colors

I wonder if this is the place to ask this, sorry if it's not. I may come across some information soon (no guarantees) and I was wondering what is the best way to share it while keeping the identity of myself and my source hidden as best as possible? Any ideas?

I wonder if this is the place to ask this, sorry if it's not. I may come across some information soon (no guarantees) and I was wondering what is the best way to share it while keeping the identity of myself and my source hidden as best as possible? Any ideas?
If you want to share that info but don't want it associated with your account, I'd share it with someone else who shares it on your behalf. You could potentially send it to a mod or a friendly person on this board who already shares some info and could be trusted to not share your identity. We have a few posters who have their sources and share things on here and YouTube. Just be careful! Some people would presumably want to verify your info before they share it, so they might want to ask you questions.

You could also just post it anonymously on various websites and hope it gets picked up. It'd probably get lost in the fog that is all the fake leaks out there and people might dismiss the info because it's from an unverified source. I guess the preferred approach all depends on what you want to share, who you want to share it with, and what your goal with sharing that info is.

Cryptic hinting, keeping it in hidden tag.

I don't think Uprising's controls would need the tweaking most people here seem to think they do. Bare in mind Kid Icarus already had a sort of dual analog equivalent scheme, use the circle pad to aim and the buttons to move. Honestly adding dual analog I think would be the easy part, the more difficult thing would be bringing all the 3D models and textures to HD standards.

Last edited:
feels like the major push for big games on switch 2 from Capcom and square is basically because japan is essentially a Nintendo + PC/mobile gaming only market now

here's a bold prediction, whenever the big blowout event is, a Chrono trigger remake will be announced and will be the first game that uses the new and improved HD-2D 2.0 engine

You DM it to someone you trust, maybe even from moderation, who then can post the info or relay-DM it again to someone else to post it.

And of course, the one who posts the info then posts it behind Hidden Tags to not make it totally observable.

E: I see @kirbyfan407 already covered that idea.

You can just dm me

Back
Top Bottom