• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Nintendo stock jumps as the latest Zelda game releases to rave reviews

Hero of Hyrule

Frieren the Slayer
Pronouns
He/Him
Nintendo stock jumped as much as 3% on Friday after the company released the highly anticipated next installment of its Zelda videogame franchise. "The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom" is a follow-up to Nintendo's "Breath of the Wild" blockbuster, which has sold nearly 30 million copies since its release six years ago. The new Zelda game has been highly praised, with the game receiving an incredibly high review score of 96 at Metacritic. And those solid reviews should help drive sales for years to come.

A lot is at stake for Nintendo with the launch of "Tears of the Kingdom" because it has the ability to help drive sales of its Switch console. That's exactly what JPMorgan thinks will happen, according to a recent note.

SOURCE

I am definitely curious to see the long term impact of TOTK on Switch lifetime sales (if there will be any, which I do think it will cause a bump, though the degree remains to be seen)

SOURCE

I am definitely curious to see the long term impact of TOTK on Switch lifetime sales (if there will be any, which I do think it will cause a bump, though the degree remains to be seen)
Forum is dead, lol.

I think TOTK will be a monster for software sales, but not a huge hardware bump. It seems like the kind of game that nearly everyone who’s getting it already has a Switch. But, that doesn’t account for 1) TotK OLED bundle bump and 2) How much the wacky social media/word of mouth side of things will reach people that still don’t have a Switch. I’m leaning toward not a massive amount, but I could definitely be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom