• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Nintendo Should Make A Mech Combat Game With The Physics Of TOTK

AxkilAvenger

Like Like
Pronouns
He/him
A thread on the other site about the physics of TOTK got me thinking about what if Nintendo used the physics of said game on a brand new title like a mech game. Shit it just hit me. Custom Robo with those physics would be sick!
Make it so I can build my own or use blue prints. And all body parts can be damaged or destroyed independently. Hell throw in motion controls like ARMS and this game would bang ❗

People think Project Giant Robot didn't bear any fruits, but it secretly gave us Tears of the Kingdom. Miyamoto wins again.

And now Tears of the Kingdom will give us Project Giant Robot, so the cycle will be complete.

Last edited:
I think this is a really amazing idea.

What if it was a post apocalyptic world so there's all this junk lying around. But you can just build different mechs with it.

Also what if your character is kind of frail. When your mech gets destroyed you're in defence/survival/stealth mode while you collect stuff and rebuild. The better the suit you build the more you can go on the attack.

Custom Robo with those physics would be sick!
You know I'm pretty sure I mentioned this in the Tears of the Kingdom ST haha.

What if it was a post apocalyptic world so there's all this junk lying around. But you can just build different mechs with it.

Also what if your character is kind of frail. When your mech gets destroyed you're in defence/survival/stealth mode while you collect stuff and rebuild. The better the suit you build the more you can go on the attack
Oh my god, you are on to something here.

It would be quite a shame if Nintendo does not use this in any other game.
Didn’t they patent these physics?
Though I read that somewhere

Star Fox Adventures 2, now with Mechs and more vehicle combat to be closer to the main series

After the new Armored Core I've been thinking a lot about how Star Fox should utilize mech building.

I think this is a really amazing idea.

Also what if your character is kind of frail. When your mech gets destroyed you're in defence/survival/stealth mode while you collect stuff and rebuild. The better the suit you build the more you can go on the attack.

This sounds incredible. Exactly the kind of Mech game I want. From the first trailer of Armored Core 6 there was a shot of a mech pulling parts from a pile of scrap. I was hoping it would be kind of survival based, much to the dismay of hardcore AC fans lol.

Last edited:
After the new Armored Core I've been thinking a lot about how Star Fox should utilize mech building.
It depends.

On one hand, I think the idea of tricking out your own transformable Arwing is inspired and would be a nice way of utilizing one good thing that Starlink bought to the table.

But on the other hand, unlike AC, a Nintendo game has the important job of making sure a user can complete a challenge/level no matter what. So, the whole idea of conveying the idea to the user of "back to the lab/garage again!", a la AC, likely couldn't fly.

Maybe Slippy could offer a way of making changes on the fly?

Totally, they should make Nuts and bolts game maybe even with Zelda spinoff, like Link's Crossbow Training.
The challenges that were provided on Totk weren't on par to how great are the mechanic and it's possibilities. You could always get away doing the most basic stuff or ignore it.

I saw one video criticizing this Totk aspect and it showed some Nuts and Bolts gameplay and how the game presented the challenges to guide the player on building complex stuff. I got interested but everyone say that the creation mechanic is really clunky.

Maybe they could have a DLC mode with challenges and you have free creation. I hate grinding so one of the reasons I avoid the system in the main game was because they were locked behind the mining -> forge -> dispenser loop.

EDIT: OP, for some reason I totally misread your OP. Though I agree that even a combat focused would be nice.

I saw one video criticizing this Totk aspect and it showed some Nuts and Bolts gameplay and how the game presented the challenges to guide the player on building complex stuff. I got interested but everyone say that the creation mechanic is really clunky.
I'd fancy a link to that video.

I've never even considered Custom Robo with TotK physics but now I'm filled with the kind of yearning I haven't felt since a crush in university some 14 years ago.

(and still as unlikely to happen 🥲)

Nintendo Labo 3 (Vehicle Kit) also includes a fighting minigame and can be played without the cardboard. Though it is very simplistic. The meat of the game is an open world you can explore with a plane, a submarine, or a car (again, you don't need the cardboard).

I'm imagining
JIpgFUU.gif

+

giphy.gif

Before Armoured Core 6: "They should make Star Fox Furry Mass Effect"

After Armoured Core 6: "Screw that, give us furries in giant robots... IN SPACE!"

Oh, I would love this. Day one, would buy the collector's edition, would tell my friends and neighbors about it.

Didn't DYKG mention that Next Level Games had a mech game in the works for Wii U not long ago? Hope they can revive that someday.

Unless they're going to bring back X there is zero chance of this happening.

I believe Monolith Soft did say they were going to go in a completely different direction in the next Xeno game though hhhrrrrmmmm...

Back
Top Bottom